Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

D.P is currently out of my league, i dont bring a lot to the table, lol....but i will =)

dp isnt out of your league you just need to let your girls grow and quit picking all the leaves off lol:)

that shore is a nice lighter you got there heirloom!
Oh those plants are purdy sweet too!:goodjob:

Nice pics man... and dont listen to fishy on the defoliation. if it's shading a nug, yank that sine fan off there.

you right about taking some leavs off if they are blocking a flower.
but I just want him to have a harvest not a fraekin charlie brown christmas tree.

I just love checking out Heirlooms plants. Always leave this journal in a good mood :)

This is exactly how I feel when I am done checking out Heirloom's amazing work. You rock the house Heirloom....or maybe you like to rock the party?? Who likes to rock the party? Well I heard New Zealand likes to rock the party. Sorry gratuitous Flight of the Conchords reference.
Good job beautiful pics Heirloom.

:peace:

that shore is a nice lighter you got there heirloom!
Oh those plants are purdy sweet too!:goodjob:

I just love checking out Heirlooms plants. Always leave this journal in a good mood :)

Nice pics man... and dont listen to fishy on the defoliation. if it's shading a nug, yank that sine fan off there.

This is exactly how I feel when I am done checking out Heirloom's amazing work. You rock the house Heirloom....or maybe you like to rock the party?? Who likes to rock the party? Well I heard New Zealand likes to rock the party. Sorry gratuitous Flight of the Conchords reference.
Good job beautiful pics Heirloom.

Thank you all! Such kind words. I feel like I'm just beginning hitting a stride, really getting comfortable with the strains I have right now, as well as the DWC systems and perpetual 'machine' as a whole.

I REALLY want to ditch the indoor DWC and switch to coco in a greenhouse, but I am going to see the perpetual through several harvests before I do. In fact I am building my numbers now for a seamless switch. I can do this WAY cheaper than I am now and have better per plant harvests (and more plants per harvest cycle) than I'm going to get now. Feeding three 50 gallon res's and two 30 gallon res's uses nutes in a hurry..... I still only have two 50's going right now and It's painful. My various other garden plants love the 'spent' nutrient solution but I think that is a huge waste. Feeding Coco or Promix in a Smart(er) Pot only enough to saturate and not run excessively will better utilize every precious drop. And the electric bill is phenomenal. The results of my Sun/Indoor Light blended GLR is, as expected, great. Can't beat the Sun, so I say use every precious minute of it. I'm not paying for it, not regulated, taxed, monitored......

Sorry, started down another road there. Anyhow, I'm just hitting my stride and feeling good! In fact it's Sunday, a traditional update day. So again I am going to get pics of my outdoor stuff first. This time I will show you guys the OTHER Grapefruit I have as a comparison to the 'survivor'. And I am super excited about my Blue Dream......

Outdoor Update!

First up is the one Grapefruit I have in Veg. Yesterday I took two cuttings for clones so this has just been topped in two spots. Even though GF is not my favorite, I do love how it grows and smells. I have friends I can donate extra meds to. They will like it.

Below is Hashplant Haze. Four are in Pro-mix, two are in straight Coco. These are not a size/growth rate comparison because the coco girls are much younger. But all are doing well. For reference the Smart(er) Pots they are in are 6"x6" and the smallest ones, on the right, are only 2 weeks of veg after rooting.

Next are the first round of Blue Dream clones I took from my now flowering original. These all got topped yesterday as well and I now have 6 cuttings rooting.

Below is the elder BD. She is done with training and as you can see she's going to flower. Right now there are 16 'tops'. Some may not shoot and produce, but that's fine. I'll clip any energy suckers and focus on the best. Over all she has decent symmetry, I think.

A quick shot of an HPH in a GiGaPot. I think I'm going to repot in a Smart(er) Pot. She dries way faster than any other, so she's become a one off nuisance for watering and feeding.

WARNING: PLANT ABUSE AHEAD.

This is an HPH that I received the same time I got the Grapefruits. Total plants that I took in that day were 4. I repotted them from Solo cups to plastic pots. The soil I had was horrible, did not drain. One Grapefruit died, this HPH 'lived' but quality of life has sucked for it.

Below is the other GF that lived. It's not the prettiest, but damn, it's trying. I think root zone unhappiness never turned around. Because of that I never repotted to a larger container. Poor pathetic girls.

And at long last, the 'big' GF. Not that she's huge, but hell yeah. Look at those buds fattening up! I went ahead and fed her one last time a few days ago. She drying out then I'll flush.

EDIT: My thumb to index tip is 6", not diagonal but from the bottom line of an L to the index tip. Palm is 4 1/4" wide. for size.

The two sisters for a comparison.

And a parting shot of the GF & BD clones.

Looking good. Too bad a couple of them have had a rough life. What does not kill you makes you stronger though.... I just started germinating my GDP. So grow no.2 is on its way.

Yeah, too bad. I was WAY unprepared for the 4 I got that day. No place to put them indoors I had to leave them outside. Then having no good soil to put them in. Oh well. They're only plants. And bigger better ones are right behind them!

very nice mate,

@GiGa, we are all in the same league, we are all growing something we love and trying to improve this the best we can. i knew nothing when i joined this site, nothing at all, never knew what a femenised seed was, never heard of autos, but i tried them all now and will continue to do so, onwards and upwards and it can only get better and better,

That will be the last outdoor update I do here in this journal. I just opened a new one for next years grows. Blue Dream and Grapefruit are part of it and will be moving over to that journal. Link is in my sig. Hope you join me!

I will follow my friend!

OK. I want to know who's buying up all the reuseable bags at WalMart??? Two out of three stores told me that someone had just bought them all for a 'special project'.

Did I start something??

:hmmmm:

If so...good on ya. They really work. Just leave some for me, OK?

OK. I want to know who's buying up all the reuseable bags at WalMart??? Two out of three stores told me that someone had just bought them all for a 'special project'.

Did I start something??

If so...good on ya. They really work. Just leave some for me, OK?

Mass production... you are on to me :) But seriously that sucks. I could get some here and trade you for that ballast ;)

Hello 420 friends. It has been a while. I'll spare you the details, but life has been flaring up and I have been super busy. Thankfully I have not neglected my garden at all, instead things have progressed and changed substantially. The details of which I'll not broadcast, but rest assured that I am busy nearly every single day, usually most of the day doing something related to my garden. I will say that I am beginning (well, making preparations) to work with high CBD strains and breeding.

I won't be journaling anymore, sorry 420 and BPN. Well, sorry 420, BPN is still getting my money. The time involved with it is currently needed for other things and I 'hared out' about posting stuff. I will be around again, following all of you and contributing as I can.

I shut down my DWC project. Only two finished their life in the DWC. All of the plants that were vegging got transplanted to Coco. Those have been harvested as well. Anna and Bonnie.....the two that started this whole thing for me....ended up producing 6 ½ OZ. Not too bad considering every single factor, from lights to room to DWC system..... was new. As I said all of the clones went into coco, then they finished in a greenhouse. They all got transplanted then straight to flower. Not a great idea, but I needed to do it. In the end I had 13 OZ dry off of those 12 plants. So 19 ½ OZ out of 14 total plants, and way less than ideal conditions. Some were topped and trained, some not topped. The cola's on the not topped ones were as long as my forearm and as big around.

I'll wrap up this journal with some thoughts and tips I suppose.

1) If you are going to do a perpetual like I outlined in this journal, make damn sure you know how long your girls take to flower in YOUR environment. Do an isolated flowering test run BEFORE having all of your vegging plants ready and backed up because your '10 week' strain went 12 or 13 weeks. Yes, the first two (Anna & Bonnie) took 13 weeks. I'm not totally sure why, but their stretch took forever, crowning around week 5 or 6. I no longer have the indoor DWC system set up so I can't tweak it to find out why. Subsequent plants (clones) have finished stretch and crowned somewhere in week 3-4 in the Sun.

2) GLR.....it's great when you have a strain that doesn't care. Blue Dream, Super Lemon Haze and Big Bang don't like it AT ALL. Stressed out BD so bad that she was giving SINGLE lobe leaves, and it stunted SLH and BB. I might have to replace that BD pheno as I fear it may never recover. I have gone to a traditional 18/6 since I have several strains.

3) DWC is an awesome way to grow. But once you get to bigger quantities it becomes prohibitively expensive. Multiple 50 gallon reservoirs changed MINIMUM every two weeks uses up precious nutrients (read $$$$) and wastes a shocking amount. Sure my house plants and veggies loved it, but I needed to reign in that HUGE expense. Plus the pumps, plumbing, cleaning and potential problems..... I now grow in coco and they only get what they need. Per volume of nutrient used I'm looking at at least tripling my yield (based on Anna and Bonnie's yield)

4) If you have not considered BPN, you should. Especially with the Liquid Seaweed, Vita Blue and Early Bloomer that just came out. I still use the 2 part base, but now use the whole line up. Great stuff, my current girls are WAY happy and healthy. Vigorous growth even in colder temps.

bummed a little your not gonna be runnin a jo, but i can understand, i have been near that point a few times myself , i just got some blue dream clones and noticed a couple of my more sativa strains look like they wanna flower under glr as much as i love it i may have to go back to 18/6 at least till the sativas are in flower, seems to be just the sativa strains that have issues with glr, my other strains love it, well come visit at least
and I 'hared out' about posting stuff
what means this?
im doing my first ever dwc bubble buckets im liking it but its definatly more work and cost, i love coco and organics soil mixes and high brix and that where my core is but just so i can say i have done hydro i had to try,
glad to hear your doing good and sounds like you got some decent stash,
i will miss your "corner" but like i said i understand, but you will be visiting us RIGHT!? LOL
i love the new bpn stuff only one i dont have is vitablue but im sure it wont be long
peace! live long and prosper, hasta looagos dont step on your heurevos! (spelling) party on garth! be cool! aloha! dont be a stranger
and all that good stuff
:thumb::thanks::goodjob::bravo::nicethread::welldone::allgood::bigtoke::xmas::tommy::kisstwo::biglaugh::rocker::riskybusiness:

Hello 420 friends. It has been a while. I'll spare you the details, but life has been flaring up and I have been super busy. Thankfully I have not neglected my garden at all, instead things have progressed and changed substantially. The details of which I'll not broadcast, but rest assured that I am busy nearly every single day, usually most of the day doing something related to my garden. I will say that I am beginning (well, making preparations) to work with high CBD strains and breeding.

I won't be journaling anymore, sorry 420 and BPN. Well, sorry 420, BPN is still getting my money. The time involved with it is currently needed for other things and I 'hared out' about posting stuff. I will be around again, following all of you and contributing as I can.

if i understand correctly...congrats on making it =D
definatly stick around, even if it means making a clean forum account with no pictures or grow evidence linked to it ;)

Back
Top Bottom