Hello 420 Mag!

After lurking for sometime I decided to join in. This seems like a pretty decent and knowledgeable community. I am taking over tending cannabis plants for family members who are registered medical patients. They are getting older and less able to do certain things. I grow trees, fruits, veggies and flowers anyhow, so it made sense!

I just got started in hydro and have built a perpetual system that will produce (theoretically) 3 plants every 2 weeks. It is not full yet, in fact it is just getting started. I went with RDWC systems. I have 4 separate stages in the veg area (clone/seedling, veg 1, 2 & 3) then 4 separate three site RDWC systems in the flower area. I am employing LST at the moment and liking the outcome so far. I am also working on portable SCROG assemblies. I'm a grower and tinkerer at heart and am certain I can get awesome yields. I'm not afraid to clip here, bend there and tie it down. I grow monster...well....everything. I know how to train! Though FIMMING was a new one on me. I'll be trying that later when I can afford to experiment.

After looking at all the different nutrient packages I decided to be cheap, keep it simple and use Blue Planet Nutrient 2 part to start. Again, I'm new to hydro so I think the KISS principal will keep me right. A quick shout out to Corey @ BPN. I'm not one to be a 'fanboy', but I am liking the results so far, not to mention the cost and the fact that he seems to be a good guy. Down to earth. Until I have a real reason to change count me as a BPN user.

Anyhow, hello to the community and thank you for the knowledge I have already received.

:thanks:

~Heirloom

Hey Heirloom!!! Welcome to the forum!!! 420Magazine is an excellent place to learn and grow :) and by the looks of it, you may be teaching us quite a bit as well.... awesome!!

Since you are growing veggies, you should check out some of the High Brix forums we have going on here. It actually came from veggies and produce and we are adapting it to cannabis.. overall it helps get the best tasting veggies, with more mineral density than conventional methods :)

Hope you find 420 Mag your new home, were glad to have ya!!

Thank you for the Welcome and the kind words. I may know a thing or two, but I come here humbly seeking knowledge. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something.
I am 3 pages into your current grow. Looking good. I will catch up and follow along.

:passitleft:

And for what it's worth, I currently have 2 Hashplant Haze that were donated by a prop 215 grower to my Uncle. One is doing really well, the other has sort of been in stasis, though I think I just woke it up. Soon I am getting clones from a friend that is his personal strain....PCH-Pacific Coast High(way)....a sativa heavy hybrid. Also he gave me seed that was resultant from his PCH x Sour D. Will be germing those very soon.

:peace:

Thank you 2Js. I may get into doing journals. With all of the plants and animals I care for it might be hard to sit down and blog something. I do the whole farmers market thing. Selling produce, farm fresh eggs etc. I also sell tomato and pepper starters. It's easy when you can clone, but keeps me very busy. I will certainly share as much as I can!

Back
Top Bottom