Hello 420 Magazine Community

evilcsd

I've been reading the forums here for a good little while as I'm getting back to a growing mindset. I've found so much useful information here, and the community seems very tight so I decided to register in anticipation of starting my first grow journal. I have started 5 Sensi Kush, and 3 THC bombs. The sensi germinate 5 of 5 within 24 hours, the bombs are going on 36 hours not popped just yet. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all 420 magazine members. :peace:

-EvilCSD

Hi evilcsd!

:welcome: to :420:

Fantastic, thank you Spimp! I have one question maybe one of y'all can answer. One of my seedlings, the first to come up actually has its cotyledon bound together by the membrane that protects the plant embryo, the actual seed shell has fallen off. My question is, apart from keeping it moist should I attempt to give it any other help? It's been sprouted about 72 hours now.

Here is a photo, I hope, of a few seedlings.
image4996.jpg

Make sure you have drainage holes in the bottom of those cups. And dont water too often. :) Make the roots go hunting for water.
Some will say to darken the sides of the Cup as roots dont like light. Personally I dont think it matters, but to be safe you might duct tape around them cups or something. ;)

I do have drainage holes, I have only watered once when the top 1/4" or so has started to dry out. Should I let it dry a little further? I've also read about Blocking light from entering the growing medium, Of also heard of people using the clear cups to determine when the Seedling was ready to transplant. Maybe ill do 50/50.

I would suggest letting it get more dry than you think. The cup should feel lightish before you water again. If you could fill a spare cup with dry soil and feel the weight, thats when to water. If the leaves are perky and nice looking, no need to water, Shes happy. :)

Best to water and wait 2-3 days, that has always seemed to work on point for me :) I would also tape up the clear cups, it could create a slower growth rate due to the root zone being unhappy, I've read that light at the root zone can also cause algae to start to form (correct me if I'm wrong) but I have never personally had this happen. You are off to a great start :)

Stay well :peace: CA215

Back
Top Bottom