Hello 420 Magazine Peoples!

Dacob

So I've been lurking for a little while, reading the forums and mostly chilling in the grow room sections, reading through some of the amazing grow journals and picking up tips on growing with LED lighting.

I have to admit, after more than 20 years on the net, from back in the days of BBS's and 2400 baud modems, I've not seen such a lively and well moderated set of forums in very long time indeed. I'm sad I did not stumble upon 420 Magazine years ago but I'm sure glad I'm here now! ;)

I really do like the fact that I see posts from moderators all over the forums -- and not just the usual extinguishing of flames (not too many people remember the real "flame wars" of so very long ago, hehe) but encouraging new members, adding useful advice and tips and generally being active participants in the day-to-day forum life -- something that is sorely lacking in most other online communities.

I've never taken the time to write an introductory post about myself in any online community forum -- I usually just lurk around forever, adding replies here and there to other's threads. But I trust my gut instincts, and my gut tells me that there are a lot of really, really, really good people that visit these forums... and I'd very much like to be a part of that. Judging by what I've read so far this is the place for folks like myself -- those who have come to realize just how benefical and therapeutic medical cannabis can be.

I was inspired to take the time tonight to write an introduction for myself because I was so impressed with the time and effort that the site moderator "User" posted:

The Healing Properties Of Cannabis

In that post (or rather in the links in it) I found such wealth of new information about cannabis that I just had to thank "User", whoever they are, for the time that they must have invested to have collected so much information. I've been concerned about the effects of smoking for years now and it was a pleasure to find information about new studies that indicate that, in fact, smoking cannabis does not appear to be directly correlated to any increase in cancer. A recent study I read a while back indicated that regular use of cannabis may lead to significant decrease in squamous cell tumors of the head and neck... who knew?? :smokin:

Anyway. If you've read this far, you probably want to know about me. :rollit:

I'm wierd.

I like the fact that it's taken years for me to perfect my doobie rolling skills, yet still sometimes I fail -- filter one way, paper flying across the room and a shower of ground up cannabis flowers in my hair. That's a good time... :bravo:

I live in a medical marijuana state and I understand the U.S. Constitution and the seemingly eternal battle for state's rights and such.

Yes, I'm a medical cannabis patient.

I'm also a digital abstract artist...

I am a Buddhist... and a Wiccan. Go figure. :scratchinghead:

I think LEDs are clearly the future of indoor cultivation but the technology is in its infancy.

I believe in evolution -- both personal and species-level.

I accept the consequences of my actions, no matter what.

I could go on, but I don't see the point, I'm sure you get the gist.

Any one of our lives can change in an instant and this is not necessarily due to the effect of forces of "evil" or "good" anymore than 50,000 volt high-tension power lines are bad because they are carrying a high electrical differential -- they are simply powerful. I personally have started to recognize in myself that I am, at the most fundamental level, a lover and pursuer of peace both for my own self and for every single other living being in the entire world.

I guess the above statement, as much as anything else I might write in the future, is an a fitting description of who I know myself to be.

So... hello! :yahoo: And thank you for your courage.

Each and every person who is willing to stand up for what they know to be right and true help to form the foundation of a society that will be honest, just and open to change on all levels... in other words, flexable, just as life itself is on all levels.

Thank You Dacob for sharing your wonderful thoughts and a Super introduction My Friend. :bravo:
:welcome: You will make a Fantastic Addition to 420. :cheer:

You may like to Visit User and Thank him Personally,
@Jim Finnel

He is one of the Hardest working People here. Who deserves much thanks.

We are here to offer any help you may need around 420, Either understanding some Member features or Locating information you would like to Research...Just ask anything.

We want to see you enjoy everything that 420 offers you.
We would love to see you share your growing experience through sharing a Grow Journal with us here on 420...Think about ok? :hmmmm:

We are all very happy you are here, Please continue to :surf: the forums.
Get to know us all, we are all special people who share the same beliefs as you.
Enjoy, Have fun.
See you around My Friend. :thumb:
:roorrip: :peace:

Welcome aboard Dacob. I'm fairly new here myself, and absolutely new to the growing side. People here are very helpful and very nice. And yes, the mod's are awesome. Hope you hang around and look forward to seeing some grows!

Hey Dacob, :thanks: for the great introduction. :bravo:
Also :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
Yep, it's a site to be proud of being a member of. :yahoo:
Glad you joined us in spreading cannabis awareness. :grinjoint:
User rocks! All the mods are a cut above. Also the members
Without our members there is no 420Mag. :cheer:
I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

Thank You Dacob for sharing your wonderful thoughts and a Super introduction My Friend. :bravo:
:welcome: You will make a Fantastic Addition to 420. :cheer:

You may like to Visit User and Thank him Personally,
@Jim Finnel
He is one of the Hardest working People here. Who deserves much thanks.

We are here to offer any help you may need around 420, Either understanding some Member features or Locating information you would like to Research...Just ask anything.

We want to see you enjoy everything that 420 offers you.
We would love to see you share your growing experience through sharing a Grow Journal with us here on 420...Think about ok? :hmmmm:

We are all very happy you are here, Please continue to :surf: the forums.
Get to know us all, we are all special people who share the same beliefs as you.
Enjoy, Have fun.
See you around My Friend. :thumb:
:roorrip: :peace:

Hey The Weed!

Thank you so much, it's a pleasure to be here!! I tried to post a visitor message for "User" but my post count is too low, so I just send him a PM instead... :)

Hehe I do indeed have some small LED grows going, but since they're already into the 12/12 cycle I'll probably have to wait until the next planting, so I can photograph them from day one... I love LEDs. :cool:

OK...

I'm going back to lurking...

It seems clear that LEDs are waaaaay to controversial, and I have no interest in flame wars.

If anyone has any questions about growing with LEDs, please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to help.

Because of the negative responses I've received, I'm not going to bother working on a grow journal, as I just don't want to waste time trying to convince people that LEDs work when I already know for a fact that they do... because my results have been excellent.

:peacetwo: 420 Mag peoples...

Grow on with your bad self, lol

I would grow with Cfl's cause they are cheap and some what greener than HID..

If you like to grow with candle light or sparklers DO IT! cause it's all about your passion for the HERB!

I don't think LED is bad for growing and the advancement of tech. is like you put it "evolving"

Put up your grow so that we can learn from you too.. I hope you do and don't feel like anyone here is trying to talk you out of anything, were all here with one purpose, to learn and share cause we care.

Take care friend and :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom