Hello 420, my name is Dave

Maritimer

I will be conducting Controlled Drought Stress beginning Week #7 of Flower for Northern Lights and Gorilla Glue #4. The strains will be examined for tolerance of the stress, and the results of the applied stress in THC and CBD content after 11 days of drought without exceeding 50 degrees wilt angles. Hardest part here will be using this forum correctly to document the experiments while sharing the insight gained.

Hardest part here will be using this forum correctly to document the experiments while sharing the insight gained.
:welcome:

Ain't nothing difficult, as James Brown said when I asked if I could shake his hand.

Just start a Grow Journal. You'll get plenty of interest and involvement.
How to Make a Grow Journal
Journals in Progress

G'day mate enjoy this great forum. There's plenty of great Information and awesome members who are happy to help in anyway they can
Blaze to :welcome:

Welcome to 420,Maritimer!
I'll be interested in what you find.
When I started growing in the late 70's,There was a school of thought among many growers(and there weren't that many growers) that water deprivation,especially during flower, would make for more potent buds.
I don't know if it's true or not,but I personally don't water until i see some wilt,especially on larger flowering plants.
I like to think it helps with potency,but I really don't know-maybe your study will either prove or disprove this old notion.

I will be conducting Controlled Drought Stress beginning Week #7 of Flower for Northern Lights and Gorilla Glue #4. The strains will be examined for tolerance of the stress, and the results of the applied stress in THC and CBD content after 11 days of drought without exceeding 50 degrees wilt angles. Hardest part here will be using this forum correctly to document the experiments while sharing the insight gained.
:welcome: to :420: Maritimer.....:hmmmm: I understood Northern Lights and Gorilla Glue...:rofl::rofl:

wrong thread, sorry
About this grow.
The purpose of this grow is personal consumption and quality is paramount to all other goals. During this grow we will examine the drought stress induced at seven weeks as outlined in Dr. Caplans doctoral thesis. In his scientific example Caplan (available in PDF for free) achieves amazing results in concentrations of THC and CBD after subjecting cultivars to eleven days of drought compared to control plants. This is accomplished without negative impact to overall harvest yields. We are conducting and documenting our grow adhering to Dr. Caplans experiment utilizing seeds from Northern Lights and Gorilla Glue #4.
I am an experienced gardener and a field tester for a major LED manufacturer specializing in cannabis cultivation. Relax, I am not here to sell lights. As a matter of fact some of my lighting is in the developmental stage and I am prohibited from discussing the lights existence or risk the ire of my friends. The lights used in this grow involve a 300-watt (actual draw) full spectrum LED and one 600-watt HPS. The HPS system will be the source for the cultivars drought experiment.
Medium: 40 % Sphagnum Peat, 45% coco coir, 15% worm castings. This medium is amended to be identical to Dr. Caplan’s.
Nutrients: JR Peters 20-20-20 veg JR Peters 10-30-20 flower. 2.0 grams per gal/ 2.4 grams per gal. Wormstrap Tea ( 112 grams worm castings, 2 tablespoons organic blackstrap molasses, gallon RO water).
Water: RO filtration system & ph adj after nutrition is added.
Temps: 79 day 70 nights (basement location with no natural light) 14 X 14 room
Humidity: fluctuates but within tolerable ranges
Scrog height: 9.5 inches top of soil to net.
Containers: elevated from cold floor Kitty Litter 4-gallon rectangular pots with drainage holes and handles.
Drought timing: The drought will begin March 12,2019. Caplan went eleven days before ending the drought while monitoring leaf wilt angle not to exceed fifty degrees of wilt at the point the cultivar must be rescued. Different strains may react differently so we proceed with caution. At the end of the day this is my medicine and I am hesitant to engage this experiment but have enough full jars in the closet that we can give it a go.
If all goes well our harvest will be loaded with far heavier concentrations of THC and CBD.
Good Fortunes

Welcome to 420,Maritimer!
I'll be interested in what you find.
When I started growing in the late 70's,There was a school of thought among many growers(and there weren't that many growers) that water deprivation,especially during flower, would make for more potent buds.
I don't know if it's true or not,but I personally don't water until i see some wilt,especially on larger flowering plants.
I like to think it helps with potency,but I really don't know-maybe your study will either prove or disprove this old notion.
I remember the same chatter coming out of Humboldt around 1978. This Doctor says his experiments prove the old hippies were on to something. Does that make me an old hippie? We will see how this works out.

Dave's not here man! Sorry, couldn't resist! Ha! Welcome aboard. Hit the report button on your original post, and when the window pops up, simply ask the admin to move this over to grow journals. I'd love to follow along! Goodluck!

G'day mate enjoy this great forum. There's plenty of great Information and awesome members who are happy to help in anyway they can
Blaze to :welcome:
Thank you, The hospitality is a welcome benefit I had not expected.

Dave's not here man! Sorry, couldn't resist! Ha! Welcome aboard. Hit the report button on your original post, and when the window pops up, simply ask the admin to move this over to grow journals. I'd love to follow along! Goodluck!
I remember LMAO listening to C&C on classic scratch vinyl. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom