Hello 420! Nute Help

Mikhail777

Im thinking about starting a grow right at 12/12.. What nutrients should be sufficient for my project :smokin:?? I understand the concept of dilution of nutes and feeding of nutes about every 5 days. But Looking at a regular schedule from lets say 18-6 to 12-12.. A lot of plant nutes like BIO-Bizz have a guide, but with the the 12-12 it kinda changes things over.. I could wing it and learn from the mistakes, but i want a good idea as far as what to use and then go from there :cool:! Any help would be appreciated, i was thinking about doing my first grow with '4' 55 watt 2700k cfl and '2' 105 wt 6500 cfl total lumens would be close to 27000. That should be enough, im trying to save money and really this is a test to see how it will do. I can take any advice, I know for sure i will get sea tea, but does anyone have any brands in paticular thats really good? Thnx again!! :Rasta:

-mik

Re: Hello 420! Nute Help ^-^

One thing to consider is that the ratios listed on the bottle are for optimum conditions. That usually entails bright HID lights and a perfect enviroment indoors. Floros are not as strong or hot. Growth will be slower and less intense and nutrients will not need to be as strong as the plant will not be feeding at full capacity and watering will more than likely be further apart as they plants will also feed less often and transpire less. I myself believe in doing things using the KISS (keep it super simple) method. I like a 1 part nutrient like Pure Blend Pro or even earth juice, some soluble silicon and maybe some fulvic. That's it! IMO the more additives you use, the bigger the chance of screwing something up. IMO your lights will be fine and you could always add more. The same priciple applies to nutrients. Which ever you decide to use...start slow at half strength and slowly work up to close to full strength. You can always add more but too much kills things. Moose likes the Sea Tea so you'll have to ask him which one he recommends.

Any of the fox farms.....tiger bloom.....big bloom, thats all I use for flowering

good advice ^^^^

I'm all for Pure Blend Pro.....both veg and flower formulas. I've done a lot of flouro grows and would start at half strenth ferts. Keep those cfl's as close as possible to your plants.
More info about your set up would help....grow space/soil?hydro?....etc.
Remember...KISS!!!!

Bilbo

:smokin:

Thanks a lot for the replys and im very familiar with the 'keep it simple stupid' lol.. but this is an experiment for myself, i think a lot of ppl like myself make it such a hard task, but in all honesty its not to hard when you put some effort into caring for the plant :smokin:

Im using an unused cabinet that layed horizontal that is now vertical with the doors switched around.. The problem, well im not sure if it will or not?? But.. the dimensions are 1' by 2 1/2' with a plant container/light, i loose about a foot (6" container & lights +distance from plant lol all the facters..I dont think that will be enough room, unless the 12/12 system cuts down a 3 ft plant down in size?? With the replies i searched around and found "futuregarden DOT com" and found the products; Liquid Earth Vigor, Organic Activator (silicon), and Flouish! (fulvic acid)..But am i going to overboard with this? Straying away from the KISS ha.. Has anyone tried the 12/12 with success? Im going to start soon, when things start to work out ill post pics and start a grow journal :p any help is appreciated. I hope this will help the novice growers too, then work my way up :Rasta:

By the way anyone watching the superbowl game?? DAmn Manning threw a TIGHT throw! Incredible haha, sorry to all you patriot lovers :rofl:
Thanks again guys!

Ok.. Either 12/12 from seed, not sure how tall the plant will grow or try the lst method?? That may work, if i do it right! Eh so many choices.. so many errors. Its a live and learn world, I want a plant under 2 ft

I'm sorry if advising the KISS method was wrong for you. I had no idea you were experimenting. I was under the impression that, considering how basic your questions were, you were a new grower and most if very few new growers start off with a experiment. As for growing and what methods...well your going to have to make these decisions for yourself. Any type of growing can be adapted to fit the room. Some methods, like SOG, offer more plants per square feet but all can be adapted. It's the environment that's really important. If you can't control the environment of your room you've lost the battle before you even start. A few test runs with everything except the plants in place with careful monitoring of high and low temps through out the light and dark cycles will tell you those answers. I've never used your nutrients before. Maybe someone else will be able to help you with those brands. They sound great. IMO the more organic you can keep your grow the better but that just a personal opinion. I do know that less flushing at the end is needed and that certain tastes are more prominent when growing organic.

For sure let us know how the experiment goes.....I too like to keep things as organic as possible. Good luck & keep us posted!!

Back
Top Bottom