Hello 420

subliminal

Hey guys and girls,

I've been reading 420 for a few months now and finally decided to register and say hello. Let me preface this and say, I don't really smoke much if at all. I'm here to help another person, and I actually love working in my garden and with plants in general. My girlfriend was diagnosed with Lupus a few years ago and she suffered(we actually all suffered)... She was prescribed percocets and other major narcotics to battle her extreme joint pains and other issues associated with the disease. She gained almost 100 pounds due to the lethargy brought on by the narcs. We're talking about a girl that never broke 130 in her life. She was withdrawn and sometimes hostile. Then, she was accepted into a experimental treatment program about two years ago, and it has worked wonders! About that same time her daughters(now in their 20's) suggested she try medical marijuana instead of the major narcotics she was on, and frankly becoming addicted to. After a lot of needling, she finally tried it and everything has been going so much smoother now! We just have to worry about occasional flare ups and trying to keep some weight on her :)

Neither one of us is financially super solid, and honestly, she smokes a bunch. We got some decent smoke from a friend that had accidentally been pollinated so I had about 25 seeds in the container(I think it was two strains, they just look drastically different). At that point I decided I could just grow for her. I have two plants in harvest, a few clones going and a couple others in Veg now.

I'm working with what I have available in town here and from my business. Running 200W CFL's and 100W LED's also 250W HPS. Running the same 250W HPS for flower. My nutes at this point are pretty Walmart, which I know isn't great.

Just wanting to say hi. Because of this forum and the forums at growweedeasy I might be able to grow enough to help out on the financial side of things. On the aside, I am actually having tons of fun getting there.

Anyways, greetings to all my new friends here on 420mag forums. I hope to contribute as much as I learn. I have been documenting my growth in pics and I might post a journal in the near future.

-Thanks for all the help,
Sub

Welcome! I'm pretty new to this as well, but starting a journal on here is the best way to get concrete advice from the better-established growers with experience.

I too am fluidly financially stable-ish, but with lack of funds comes a drive for creativity. I am currently building my first grow tent from scratch, and waiting on my lights.

I have a handful of plants in a seedling box, but I'm hoping to strictly clone after this. Feel free to check out my journal, and I'll watch for yours! Happy growing :)

Attachments

• 20181226_173235.jpg
    20181226_173235.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 29
Thanks man, I appreciate the show of support. I found myself re-using stuff I was about to get rid of. I took a 3x2x6 particle board IKEA storage cabinet and light sealing it with gorilla tape and 100% light resistant curtain for my flowering area. I glued mylar emergency stuff to the inside and my lux is decent for my lighting.IMG_2190.JPG

Thanks man, I appreciate the show of support. I found myself re-using stuff I was about to get rid of. I took a 3x2x6 particle board IKEA storage cabinet and light sealing it with gorilla tape and 100% light resistant curtain for my flowering area. I glued mylar emergency stuff to the inside and my lux is decent for my lighting.IMG_2190.JPG
They look great so far

U def made it to the right place full of great ppl an tons of knowledge just go Tru some journals it will blow ur mind
I read all of my free time. Here and at GWE. All you guys are the best. Nothing is gained from not learning. :)

They look great so far
Those are day 4 of flower. I think I flipped too early, but they started strange(in the back yard when they blew off the table) and I manifolded too tall. I just have better prospects and limited space, so I sent them to the booth. (plus in Veg, they showed Fem, so I cloned them both and have one of each in Veg now)

Welcome Subliminal to :420:keeping that grow going and making that journal can take your mind off a lot of things . The pleasant feel of that giant bud going crazy in there and you get to smell that amazing smell but we don’t get to see that journal of that grow, don’t leave us out we want to see your work.

That's a pretty nifty re-issue! call IKEA, they can start selling these! LOL.

plants look nice, I was just at Wal-Mart today and saw the emergency blankets in the sporting section and thought about how well it would work.

Best thing I've found so far for small setups is self adhesive duct insulation, comes in a roll, and it DEFINATELY insulates well. and the roll only costs $8, and I dont waste my duct tape. Every time I run out of it, I wont remember to buy more for months! It's just one of those things you dont even think about at the store lol.

Thank you. I am trying to organize my pictures now. From when I saw them growing on my lawn to now... I have a hard time figuring out if I want to journal the lawn sprouts or the actual seeds I have planted. Maybe I'l just throw in a few of the new stuff and document the "accident"

Thank you. I am trying to organize my pictures now. From when I saw them growing on my lawn to now... I have a hard time figuring out if I want to journal the lawn sprouts or the actual seeds I have planted. Maybe I'l just throw in a few of the new stuff and document the "accident"

If I found some bud growing in my lawn... I would call it far from an accident!

That's a pretty nifty re-issue! call IKEA, they can start selling these! LOL.

plants look nice, I was just at Wal-Mart today and saw the emergency blankets in the sporting section and thought about how well it would work.

Best thing I've found so far for small setups is self adhesive duct insulation, comes in a roll, and it DEFINATELY insulates well. and the roll only costs $8, and I dont waste my duct tape. Every time I run out of it, I wont remember to buy more for months! It's just one of those things you dont even think about at the store lol.
I used Elmers glues to tape it to the walls(emergency blankets, but they allow a little light leak- I've accumulated a few first aid kits over the years) My light leak was mostly at IKEA seams. Black gorilla tape has zero see thru. I know nothing, I work with what I can get :)

If I found some bud growing in my lawn... I would call it far from an accident!
Man, I was pissed cause I actually had de-seeded that container and piled them on my table to maybe plant. Next day they were all gone cause of wind. Few days later I went to water my tree and there they were and I knew I had to transplant them.

Attachments

• IMG_2026.JPG
    IMG_2026.JPG
    888.5 KB · Views: 34
These are my veg plants, some clones from the two in that first pic, some seeds and a few volunteers that came up after I potted them. I'm topping/LST and experimenting with stuff that I have seen from members like Light Addict. Couple different plants veg here... Have more in Veg, but the top down pic I have in the yellow planter is gonna be Queen. Not main-lined, but super trained with zero height between nods. Can't sex yet, but cross your fingers...

Attachments

• IMG_2210[1].JPG
    IMG_2210[1].JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2209[1].JPG
    IMG_2209[1].JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2207[1].JPG
    IMG_2207[1].JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom