Hello all - Back in the saddle again

No Pain

Hello Everyone. I've been lurking around here awhile reading and looking at all the great information here .

I've been outta the game for sometime (wife issues , or should I say ex wife now.)
A littile about me . I was a private breeder doing fem cross pollination from start of "operation green merchant" in the 90's ( very scary times ) up until around 2002. My Gear consisted of aeroflo 20 and 1000watts of light mh and hps . All in a deiscrete room I built in my basement at the time.

I still have that gear , however getting my feet wet again I'm building a hp aero system and running a 600w led in a grow tent. I have broken out some of my seed stock which ranges from 14-30 years old. The 30 year old beans where passed down from a previous grower from the late 70's - early 80's ( pure sativa )

I decided to get back to what my passion is,growing and breeding for no other purpose but the pure excitement and joy of it. Now I have started some beans , yes I got some to crack . I have been using scarification along with ga3 and a 24 hr soak. I hope they pull through.

Anyway that's me .

Greetings No Pain. Good luck with the 30 yr beans. :thumb:

Thank you. One thing is for sure . They are slow . But I am patient and hopefull.

Thank you Weedman. Sorry for the extremely delayed response . I haven't checked this thread in awhile . To answer your statement I'm sure that I do have some very nice old strains that have faded back as they where used as building blocks ;). I just need to get them to crack and grow . In regards to the journal .. It's up and running . Swing by and take a look around !

Welcome back friend! As a green horn, I was wondering if a seasoned ventran such as yours self could help a fellow grower out. I am using 30+ y/o seeds my self, and have run into some issues. My shade leaves have started to hang very low, and their branch's are flimsy. The rest of the plant is strong and healthy, but those shade leaves seem to be suffering. I recently upgraded my light source from 125w to a 400w sodium. They are 2 1/2 months old (I've had them vegging under 24hrs) any thoughts? Has this happened to you?

Welcome back friend! As a green horn, I was wondering if a seasoned ventran such as yours self could help a fellow grower out. I am using 30+ y/o seeds my self, and have run into some issues. My shade leaves have started to hang very low, and their branch's are flimsy. The rest of the plant is strong and healthy, but those shade leaves seem to be suffering. I recently upgraded my light source from 125w to a 400w sodium. They are 2 1/2 months old (I've had them vegging under 24hrs) any thoughts? Has this happened to you?

Hello there .. My first recommendation is to start a grow journal here give it a littile bit and you will have plenty of qualified people helping you out . I would also recommend subscribing to a couple of journals that fit your growing style like dirt or hydro . There is a wealth of info and great people here . Don't forget to post plenty of pictures ..these black and white letters only help so much and a pic is worth 1000 words.

Back
Top Bottom