Hello all from england uk

anwarhu79

hello all,

this is a wonderful site and has re ignited my interest in a hobby from many years go.

I been out the game for a little while and am ready to get back on the saddle again.

I am looking to go with a perpetual grow system this time round which will keep me in bud all year round. Looking for a harvest every 4 weeks.

I am looking for answers in regards to my potential electric usage. I live in a 2 bedroom flat with a lounge as well. My set up is as follows:

Lounge mother room and clones = 125 cfl light
vegging- 2 tents with 2x 600 watt hps= 1200 watt hps

room 1 flowering room 1-4 weeks - 2 tents with 2x 600 watt hps= 1200 watt hps

room 2 flowering room 5-8/9 weeks - 2 tents with 4x 600 watt hps= 2400 watt hps

total usage is 4925 watts.

My question really is, bearing in mind that it is a 2 bedroom flat with a lounge, will this electric usage stand out with the leccy company?

there will be nothing else in the house using electric apart from the intake/outtake fans used in the tents.

thanx for your understanding guys and gals and thank you in advance for your help.

peace
eastman

When you say that there is nothing else in the flat using electricity, you don't have a fridge, tv or anything else?

I would pick up a flipbox for the lights, that would allow you to use one ballast for 2 lights. It basically runs one light for 12 hours and then flip to the other light for 12 hours, this would even out your electrical usage so that you don't have this huge spike when they all go on. Some of the flip boxes can run multiple lights, but you will still need a ballast per pair of lights. Running lights in this manner would also more closely resemble the use of other appliances that are always on.

Not sure if it will pique anyone's interest though. I would ask a mate what their average electrical use is for the month and compare that with what yours will be. I'm not too savvy on the basic usage in the U.K.

Back
Top Bottom