Hello! And help! Please!

Zmf503

420 Member
Hello all and thanks 600 watt hps run on 75% right now topbrand potting soil fox farm grow big and call mag. 75 to 85 degrees in room with 30 to 45 rh. Plants did great until fungus gnats got me. I eradicated with 3%peroxide 1 to4 ratio of water. And then the plants started going downhill. I ran some clean 6.5 ph water through all the plants with no added nutrients and they perked up a little but are still looking bad, first time grow and id hate this last 30 some days to be a waste. Started thek from seeds dont know genetics. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20190310_113222.jpg
    20190310_113222.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190310_113225.jpg
    20190310_113225.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190310_113232.jpg
    20190310_113232.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190310_113202.jpg
    20190310_113202.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190310_113211.jpg
    20190310_113211.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190310_113217.jpg
    20190310_113217.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 61
600 watt mh. At 30 inches from canopy. Scotts premium garden soil. Cal mag at 4 ml a gal and i was watering every4 days with 2 ml of grow big. Or when the soil is dry at 2 inch depth. I spray foliage every so often through out the day when i check on it and it was going wonderfully until i got those damn fungus gnats. I did the 3% peroxide with water to get rid of them and it seems to have worked but now i have this.

Just did a search for: Scotts premium garden soil..........one I saw anyway (not sure if more than one kind) said it feeds for 3 months and also "use in-ground only and not in pots" in the specs for it. Also Cannabis likes a dry cycle and dry at 2" isn't really a good gauge to know when to water next. Also most folks in soil don't feed every time they water, every other or every third time feed, and if they soil has time released stuff in it it is really hard to not have issues.

From the Scott's Garden Soil site:
----------------------------------------------
Where not to use

Container Plants
-------------------------------------------------------------
Kinda late to switch now,but at least stop feeding them extra nutes- you're burning them up.
And,after you flush them out,don't water until they dry out down to an inch from the bottom
of the pot. from now on.
Those leaves ain't comin' back,but the new growth will thank you...

From the Scott's Garden Soil site:
----------------------------------------------
Where not to use

Container Plants
-------------------------------------------------------------
Kinda late to switch now,but at least stop feeding them extra nutes- you're burning them up.
And,after you flush them out,don't water until they dry out down to an inch from the bottom
of the pot. from now on.
Those leaves ain't comin' back,but the new growth will thank you...

Thank you yes poor decision on my part there and lack of researh. Glad to make mistakes now with these randoms then if i had bought any. Il cease my grow big, should i stop cal mag as well? And also should i discard of those leaves now and where should i cut them to. Again many thanks

I'd leave the leaves -the "green parts" are still helping the plant make sugars for new growth.
When you get lots of new leaves,then remove them.
(mainly because,let's admit it, they're kinda ugly)

I don't know about Cal-Mag,I've never needed it,so I've never used it (I grow in soil)
Maybe someone else will chime in on that question.

Don’t cut the leaves until you see healthy growth. I would just cut off nutes and only give PhD water. Also stop spraying them, they don’t need all that humidity because they won’t transpire as much. Less transpiration=decreased water uptake=more prone to over watering.. just my two cents.
Picture of my biggest gal one week into 12/12

The blue buckets you have the plants in don't have a lot of that soil in it. Best to maybe transplant with the right stuff. The roots don't have far to go and they like to go deep. Were you planning on uppotting?
Any drainage holes on the buckets?
The soil is most likely missing the right amounts of perlite, hence the reason it's not for pots. You can mix in perlite if you have a lot of the soil which will help drainage. As was mentioned above the soil needs a dry period which allows the water to suck in oxygen to the roots as you water.
First thing I would look at is getting more medium for them, filled to the top.

Welcome to the 420 forum !

Back
Top Bottom