Hello, and help!

insanedank

Im trying to get some schwag seeds to germinate and i have tried every possible technique to get the primary root to shoot out but no luck. The seeds are viable because they started out floating, but then overnight they sank into water. I have them in two separate cups with soil and they are receiving sunlight. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Im thinking the seeds wont germinate because of the season but i might be wrong...?:yummy:

Hello and welcome insanedank,

Seeds need a warm, damp and dark place to germinate. Have you tried germinating them by placing them inside a damp paper towel, there should be lots of information posted throughout the forum on this technique.

Or better still try placing them directly into the medium you are growing in and keep it in a dark warm place until the seedling pokes through.
Ps the season has nothing to do with whether or not the seeds will germinate, also seeds which sink immediately in water are just as viable (if not more so) than seeds which float.

hope this helps

Heath

me my self i take a a couple peaces of paper fowel and fold them a few times and get them wet and try to squeeze off some of the axtra water( i put the wet paper towel in one hand a press and flaten with the other hand to squeeze out the extra water) then i place the paper towel in a zip lock baggie flat and run my had under some water and let it drip into the baggie just te get a little standing water in the paper towel in the low spots. Then gut put a few seed on top of the towel in the bag( use extra seed as not oll will germ.) then zip it closed. I place mine in a kitchen cabinet one i don't open very often and just check it every few days till i see the first one sprout then check every day that all i do it works for me

Back
Top Bottom