hello cfl?

beej3387

hello everyone,this is my first post but not last.I'm planning on putting a cfl setup together.I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how many plants should I put under: 8*40wt 2700k at 2600 lumens,2*105wt 6500k at 6200 lumens,probably be in a 3*3 space and will be some type of autoflower,and will like it to be in some type of dwc system.Also would these lights be good to run at once at 18/6 since I'm goin to run autos?Thank you for the help

Yeah, with CFL it's tricky, cause the lower watt bulbs have to be within 2 to 6 inches of the plant, and there aren't enough bulbs to completely bathe 4 plants. You could, but the yield would be low.

I would recommend getting as many 23 or 26 watt CFL bulbs as you can. They get the most lumens per watt. But in order to get 4 plants grown, you'd save money going with an led panel, cause that many CFL bulbs adds up quick. I still veg seedlings with my CFL, but everything else i do is under led.

Re: hello cfl ?

I would recommend getting as many 23 or 26 watt CFL bulbs as you can. They get the most lumens per watt. But in order to get 4 plants grown, you'd save money going with an led panel, cause that many CFL bulbs adds up quick. I still veg seedlings with my CFL, but everything else i do is under led.

Right now, on the 'bay, lgledsolutionslimited is selling the Mars-Hydro 100x3 (185 watts draw) for under $80 shipped. :cheesygrinsmiley: That's roughly the PAR equivalent of 300+ watts of CFL. I got one last week - a well-regarded panel.

CFLs are great for veg, but if you pick up one of those 100x3s for the center, and use the CFLS for sides and corners, you'll have a really fine 3x3 without as much heat to vent. If it were me, I'd run 4 plants in there, but keep 'em short, like 24-30 inches tall. You have 9 sqft. I run 6-7 plants in 18 sqft and average 2+ ounces per plant.

:thumb:

I have one of those 100x3 panels too. It is a great panel for the money. I paid 99 for mine a few months back. That's what I'll be using for veg this spring, and there's a mars II 400 and 700 in the flower tent.

Back
Top Bottom