Hello Everyone - First time grower here - need all the advice I can get

newbie32

Hello everybody....long time user first time grower. This forum is very informative. Can't wait to get all the advice i can get. Thanks eveverone. For any support. I do need help on choosing the right soil for my friends here. Not going for anything special. ..like to keep it simple for my first time. They will be indoors in a small space two plants 3 max. Looking to use CFL lighting. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody.

Re: Hello Everyone...First time grower here....need all the advice I can get

Hi there and welcome to :420:

If your looking for cfl and basic grows have a look at my journal. My first grow.. It may help you in your grow.

Im sure your questions will be answered by all the friendly people on here.

Good luck with your grow, may the trics be with you :high-five:

Thanks for the support budworshipper.... I'm pretty excited. Your jjournal should be a big help....thanks again

My advice as a fellow newbie is to do a lot of research. You will read conflicting information. There are a few constants but not all strains, or set ups are the same. Pay attention to her (she will show you what she likes and doesn't like(much like a real woman hahah)) everyday multiple times a day. that way you will be able to see changes and react before its too late.
Good luck and have fun!:headbanger:

:Namaste:

Thanks maryjwanna.... i like how u put that....I have done a lot of research. And like you said there is a lot of conflicting info.

My advice as a fellow newbie is to do a lot of research. You will read conflicting information. There are a few constants but not all strains, or set ups are the same. Pay attention to her (she will show you what she likes and doesn't like(much like a real woman hahah)) everyday multiple times a day. that way you will be able to see changes and react before its too late.
Good luck and have fun!:headbanger:

Well said !!....research is never wasted. As your knowledge grows, so will your confidence to grow.

I trawled thru loads of journals before starting my grow

Yeah I did a year of research from various sites and read books by jorge cervantes,ed rosenthal and professor lee but the best experience is trial and error. In order to know true success you also must get acquainted with failure. You are your best teacher and as you go along you will know what not to do and what to do.

Yeah I did a year of research from various sites and read books by jorge cervantes,ed rosenthal and professor lee but the best experience is trial and error. In order to know true success you also must get acquainted with failure. You are your best teacher and as you go along you will know what not to do and what to do.

Totally agree... Wise words. I can tell you have researched thoroughly :thumb:

Ive lost chilli crops before, but then again 1 year i couldnt give the buggers away/use them fast enough. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Trial and error is a great way to learn, along with a good basic knowledge. We've all made cock ups, we wouldn't be human if we didn't.. Learn from them, adapt and move on i reckon. The learning curve can be steep, but i've loved it... I am sure you will do too

What did i learn from my first grow ?.. Although my fish tank water, worm cast and bonemeal, homemade nutes mix was great. I needed to stop feeding that high nitrogen mix earlier in flowering. Top bud did get a leaf with curled brown ends. A more flowering targeted mix will be used this time round.

Enjoy your journey.... And hopefully :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::goodluck:

What did i learn from my first grow ?.. Although my fish tank water, worm cast and bonemeal, homemade nutes mix was great. I needed to stop feeding that high nitrogen mix earlier in flowering. Top bud did get a leaf with curled brown ends. A more flowering targeted mix will be used this time round.
Hey Budworshipper,
Can you elaborate on your early flowering and nitrogen issue. I'm in early flower not sure if I need more N2 or if i'm good.
Thanks

Beginning flower you can use nitrogen but id slow it down once the plants identify sex and focus more on Potassium and phosphorous as The nitrogen is mobile it will move up the plant as the lower parts naturally yellow as it reinvests the energy elsewhere.

I will have a look for a picture with the curl for you.

It happened in the later stages, about 10 days before the premature harvest. The last feed did it.

The plant did have a few dying leaves at the time. Only watered with clean water after that..

This time round, i will feed a flowering food. Hopefully cheaply and organically..

:peace:

Well....thanks everybody....Today is going to be day 1 of this little adventure. We'll see how it goes. Think ink about starting a grow journal, it probably be good to keep track of all my mistakes. ..lol...

Back
Top Bottom