Hello Everyone!

TrysHard

I have been posting for a little while but I have yet to introduce myself! I go by TrysHard because I always will.

Been into cannabis since the early seventies when you bought lids and was asked by your friends "How many fingers is it. Always had to sift your weed for seeds and stems, and when you got buds it was called Columbian Gold (the best) or Jamaican Red. I would get my bag and clean and roll the whole thing up, got to the point where I was making little match cover filters for them so you could smoke them all the way and not have to deal with roaches. Although I have to confess I did have a jar of roaches I saved for rainy days. Anyway check out my grow, just to give you an idea I am posting the latest overview picture of my garden.

Thanks

P4253855.JPG

I think this will be a good place to recount some of my ancient pot stories. SYL

Looks beautiful!
that looks like a nice setup too, what are you running?
I go into detail on my journal, but to summarize.
Hydro - Multi flow ebb and flow
Indica - Blueberry, I was told it is the original genetics that a lot of the blue derivatives came from.
Nutrients: General Hydroponics 3 part with supplements
Set up in a 4x4x6.5' Virtual Sun Tent with 1000W HPS and EBAY Carbon filter.
CO2 injection and AC. At the this time 4-25 they are exactly 4 weeks into bloom with 4-5 weeks to go.

That should give you the general idea.

Close Up of one of the buds:

LOL
"How many fingers is it. Always had to sift your weed for seeds and stems, and when you got buds it was called Columbian Gold (the best) or Jamaican Red
All good memories, reminds me of a time that a friend and I were sifting out seeds when his mom walked in on us when we were freshman in high school. We'd sift out seeds and roll a few then off to school we'd go, but not that day :) That's back when we thought sensimilia and thai stick were strains - haha

LOL
All good memories, reminds me of a time that a friend and I were sifting out seeds when his mom walked in on us when we were freshman in high school. We'd sift out seeds and roll a few then off to school we'd go, but not that day :) That's back when we thought sensimilia and thai stick were strains - haha

I guess this would be a good time for my first "Pot Story".

In 1973 I had just gotten out of the Navy and was working as an Electronics Technician, I was still 20 years old and having just got out of the Navy I moved back home with my Family till I found a place to live. Because I had Navy Electronics training I was making a whopping $3.65 an hour which at that time for a twenty year old was pretty damn good. I would be out of the house in no time. So I'm living at home and in the garage working on my 1965 MGB and my youngest brother walks in with his latest High School Shop Project. He had made this dark blue plastic bowl he had machined out of a single block of plastic. My brother is pretty talented and if you saw the stained glass he does today you would swear he gets stoned but he doesn't. Well this early attempt was not so good. It had one side slightly higher on one side than the other. My brother being the perfectionist that he told me how disappointed he was, but I thought of a perfect use for it. I convinced him to give it to me and I never mentioned it to him again, until a few years ago. Well it made the perfect stash bowl. As you had to clean out your seeds, the best way was to break it all up the sift the seeds out using a playing card and the tilting the bowl so the seeds slid down and your good weed stayed at the top. I took some sand paper and ruffed up the higher half of the bowl so it would hold my weed and it has worked perfectly for the last 41 years. Here it is still in use:

P4253874.JPG

Side angle you can see the higher side:
P4253875.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the story. You can't imagine how much pot has been processed by that bowl. I even scrapped it a few times and got some nasty resin's off it but they got me stoned. If it could only tell story's.

Hello TrysHard...Nice plants! I'm currently growing the World of Seeds Columbian Gold! I'm sure it won't be like that stuff from the 70s, but as long as its close!!!

Hello TrysHard...Nice plants! I'm currently growing the World of Seeds Columbian Gold! I'm sure it won't be like that stuff from the 70s, but as long as its close!!!

If you need a tester ... :thumb:

I remember Columbian Gold from the 70s. That was killer smoke. :thumb:

Yes it was, I found a source for seeds, I might try it one day. I also heard that the Columbians did something special to make it gold.

Back
Top Bottom