Hello everyone!

Gordon C

420 Member
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a couple of months now. Learnt a lot and now that I've harvested some pretty decent bud, I'd like to give back to the community and share my mistakes to save others from making them haha. Still technically on my first grow. I grew out a cherry bomb auto with cheap cactus flowering inducer (I live in a country that is extremely 420 unfriendly [death penalty] the big brands are impossibly overpriced) that is SURPRISNGLY potent and effective under approximately 200W worth of CFLs. I did overfeed her massively mid flower but I caught on (a little too late albeit) and harvested half of them almost a month ago. The lower half is still throwing out white pistils so I'll let them go on. Ordered a COB from China which is great so far. There's another skunk auto that is revegging horribly and I'm just letting her figure herself out too.

A little bit about myself, I use cannabis for both recreational and medical reasons. I am an avid reader, I play music and I draw. I enjoy consuming via joints the most out of all the methods I've tried. I grow in my bedroom in coco. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope everyone has a great trippy day ahead!

Yes brother, very disheartened to see them allocate resources to catch and hang stoner zombies than to deal with actual crime. I'm constantly trying to improve my security and take tokes according to the wind direction haha. I feel like mj is a symbol of the resistance against tyrannical oppression, and their obligations towards mother nature are to heal and nurture and educate us.

:welcome:

Be careful with your Nazi government! Use a VPN! Scrub EXIF data from pics BEFORE posting online. Be careful what you buy and who you tell. Keep details to a minimum about your setup/situation since you are in such a hostile country to cannabis. If you want security advice on anything feel free to PM me...happy to help.

Thank you guys! Yeah I'm currently working on an exhaust/smell disposal system but so far things are under control. I don't have a lot of space or budget to work with but I understand that some expenses can't be saved. I need to look for a better VPN too. And yes, nobody knows though I'm itching to share with some friends who have been good to me. It sucks.

And I did not know about EXIF on image files, thanks for the tip fireman :)

:welcome:

Be careful with your Nazi government! Use a VPN! Scrub EXIF data from pics BEFORE posting online. Be careful what you buy and who you tell. Keep details to a minimum about your setup/situation since you are in such a hostile country to cannabis. If you want security advice on anything feel free to PM me...happy to help.

So how do I scrub EXIF data?

So how do I scrub EXIF data?
The EXIF data is not bad, actually it can be a handy thing to have. There are times when having the EXIF data left on a photo can be bad. Some random notes on EXIF data and its uses and removal.

Any half-way decent digital photo editor will have an option remove the EXIF data. I do keep the original photo and then use that to crop and do other digital darkroom things and save under a new name. That way if any photo does not work out the way I wanted I can go back and start over.

When using the camera on a phone turn off the GPS function. If the GPS function is turned on the phone will add the location to the EXIF data.

One way having the EXIF data can help. Keep the calendar's date and time function up to date when using a camera. If using a phone the phone should do this automatically. Take a photo of the plant on the day you put it into a 12/12 hour stage. When the grower forgets when he or she put it into 12/12 they can check the EXIF data and the date and time are there. No more having to say "I don't remember when...." or "I think I switched it over on ??".

Remember that once the EXIF data is stripped it is probably impossible to get it back. That is why I recommend saving the photo under a different filename and then using that one.

I do believe that 420magazine.com strips the EXIF data from the photos as they are being uploaded.

Have a great day.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.
My GPS, is always off, I think goggle hates that.
Welcome and green days to you, stop on by the Bloom Room and say hi to your fellow Grower's if you get a chance.
You're invited :party:

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.
Oh, ya. Google maps and google in general. They want to mine the data on every person possible. And, all those apps people put on their phones also want in on the GPS co-ordinates of everywhere the phone goes. It even has a name now, called Surveillance Capitalism.

Someone who gave me a couple of seeds came by to see how they were doing. He wanted to take some pictures. I told him to turn off the GPS on his phone first and not turn it back on for at least an hour after he left the house. The bigger the gap in the GPS data the harder it is to pinpoint where the photos were taken even though my hobby growing is now legal in this state.

Oh, ya. Google maps and google in general. They want to mine the data on every person possible. And, all those apps people put on their phones also want in on the GPS co-ordinates of everywhere the phone goes. It even has a name now, called Surveillance Capitalism.

Someone who gave me a couple of seeds came by to see how they were doing. He wanted to take some pictures. I told him to turn off the GPS on his phone first and not turn it back on for at least an hour after he left the house. The bigger the gap in the GPS data the harder it is to pinpoint where the photos were taken even though my hobby growing is now legal in this state.

No Kidding, we still have rights here and that's the right to privacy.

Google is doing what the Chinese has done to their citizens, watching them and making sure that they're good little slaves and even giving the worse credit scores if they don't "March to the drum of the Chinese government".
Some are being locked up in jail for not beating to the same drum.
It's a scary situation, with Zon and Alexa listening to everything you say and storing it in their data base in the cloud for future arrest.
Don't be fooled, Alexa wasn't invented for your convenience, it was invented to spy on you.
Just my two cents.

I do believe that 420magazine.com strips the EXIF data from the photos as they are being uploaded.
You're right! I just checked. Compared source files on my hard disk to the 420 attachments, and yes, they're fully scrubbed <phew!>. Good move, 420 :)

I got nervous there for a moment, hadn't considered EXIF. Your name may even be in the pics if not scrubbed, as it is on mine locally...

@Gordon C : At least EXIF isn't a danger here... Stay safe my friend!

Don't be fooled, Alexa wasn't invented for your convenience, it was invented to spy on you.

Our Corporate overlords have been alerted to your dissidence.

That's why they constantly collect the data from cell towers instead. Google is a shady, shady company and doesnt need GPS to locate you....remember when they were caught collecting everyone's WIFI network names? Thats to track your phone.

Back
Top Bottom