Hello fellow greenthumbs :)

Nicopalm

I'm new to posting here but I've been reading everyone's grow journals for quite a while now. This forum has been a vast wealth of tips, tricks, and general knowledge that has brought me from a beginner to a novice grower.

I've been especially interested in the cheapie cfl grow journals, and anything that is irregular of untraditional. I'm loving Paddysmoke's mad scientist approach in his baby-milk fed plant. I personally love to try and keep things as cheap as possible, while still achieving results that will put a grin on my buddy's faces when I smoke them on a joint.

I haven't had the time, nor the know-how yet to start a grow journal of my own, but I've uploaded some pics of my super-cheapie cfl grow of my current plant, a Afghan Skunk seed from a hermie female. It was been topped at 3 levels, then super-cropped with a few scares, then LST'd into final shape all with the knowledge I found here.

I look forward to meeting new growers and learning things I hadn't considered before and I'm always open to opinions and sharing of knowledge. Thank you everyone for being here and sharing your knowledge for the rest of us to hone our skills, I salute you all.

:welcome:..... to posting! :) It sounds like you've already discovered the great features of being a member here!! You said one thing that puts us on the same page.. "CHEAP" lol I was hesitant to start a journal too but it proved to be really easy. And, by posting my own experiences, there's a good chance that at least some little thing I find will help someone else on this site.... and that would be just great since I've gotten so much help from so many of the members here. Good luck with your grow! :peace:

Hi Beateo, and thanks for the warm welcome. I will probably get a journal going in the next few days, as I would really like to get everyone's opinions and input. Opinions and constructive criticism are what a fresh budding grower needs and wants..

My only issues so far have been with my PH becoming too high in the early stages of growth. Frequent flushes and lightening up on her feeding schedule seemed to fix those issues right up without using any outside additives to correct the PH. For me the trick was making one change at a time, and only small changes, then waiting 3 days in between those changes to see what difference if any had occurred. I've learned that changing too many variables at once is never a good thing. Always take baby steps :)

Hi Beateo, and thanks for the warm welcome. I will probably get a journal going in the next few days, as I would really like to get everyone's opinions and input. Opinions and constructive criticism are what a fresh budding grower needs and wants..

My only issues so far have been with my PH becoming too high in the early stages of growth. Frequent flushes and lightening up on her feeding schedule seemed to fix those issues right up without using any outside additives to correct the PH. For me the trick was making one change at a time, and only small changes, then waiting 3 days in between those changes to see what difference if any had occurred. I've learned that changing too many variables at once is never a good thing. Always take baby steps :)

Nicopalm, I agree. More than one change at a time and you can't really know which one fixed the problem (or made it worse). I've gotten some very helpful advice about ph. I found out I can use things like lemon juice and coffee ground to adjust it with. Let me know when you do start a journal, I'd like to subscribe to it and follow your progress! Good luck. :peace:

hey man welcome to :420:
the journal pays off in the long run. plus it feels great to have the info and pics to look back on after u learn so much . u will sit and laugh at the stuff that confused u ..

Back
Top Bottom