Hello From A New Guy!

SlowToke

After lurking around the forum for a few weeks, I just registered and thought I would stop by here to say high... I mean hi! :smokin: This looks like a great place to hang out with some like minded folks. And I am very impressed with all the knowledge here, as well as the willingness to help others.

Now that we can finally grow legally in my state, I'm also going to try my hand at a little gardening! I really don't know where to start, but I am sure I will get all the help I will need from everyone here. So thanks in advance, and hopefully I will one day gain enough knowledge to pass it along to other new guys.

After lurking around the forum for a few weeks, I just registered and thought I would stop by here to say high... I mean hi! :smokin: This looks like a great place to hang out with some like minded folks. And I am very impressed with all the knowledge here, as well as the willingness to help others.

Now that we can finally grow legally in my state, I'm also going to try my hand at a little gardening! I really don't know where to start, but I am sure I will get all the help I will need from everyone here. So thanks in advance, and hopefully I will one day gain enough knowledge to pass it along to other new guys.

Hi SlowToke! Welcome to the group!

Glad to hear you are going to give growing a try, and we will be here to help if you need it. Read all you can for now, check out grow logs to see how others got started, and then just dive in... there is no better teacher than experience.

Start gathering up the tools you will need and deciding what method you are going to use, and then start learning all you can on that particular method. Whether it be a full out hydro system or a totally organic soil grow, each way of growing this weed has its own learning curves, hints about how best to use that system, and kinks that happen when things go wrong.

Lastly, remember that everyone out here in the online world has their own opinions, knowledge and experience, and there is no right or wrong answer or correct way of doing this thing. Make decisions based on the best information you can get, document everything you do, trust nothing as fact, and verify what you can in your own garden. Soon, you will have a good idea what works for you and you will be consistently producing quality product. Good luck!

Emilya said it all perfectly!!! I couldn't add anything more!!! Read. Learn. Ask questions. Grow. Have fun. :peace:

I have to agree with what Supergroomer said. Emilya nailed it.

About all that is left for me to add is welcome to the 420 community we are glad you decided to take the plunge. When you do decide to get started, be sure to start a grow journal, it helps others find your garden and allows them to visit your garden. This enables many benefits to you. Other members may notice something that would make your garden better, they can help you diagnose issues that could become troublesome , they can offer moral support and boost your confidence with compliments, but best of all it opens an avenue for you to develop friendships with other members, and while we are all about growing and fighting for the legalization of this plant, the ability for develop friendships with like minded people is a huge benefit this forum has to offer.

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Supergroomer, I like the way you think! :thumb:

I know I started like you (I think most of us did) lurking in the background for a while before taking the plunge and joining. There is so much information to be had it is overwhelming!!! Don't be afraid to ask for help. The people here are awesome about giving advise and suggestions. Enjoy your self. I have found it to be very rewarding to produce my own meds. :peace:

About all that is left for me to add is welcome to the 420 community we are glad you decided to take the plunge. When you do decide to get started, be sure to start a grow journal, it helps others find your garden and allows them to visit your garden. This enables many benefits to you. Other members may notice something that would make your garden better, they can help you diagnose issues that could become troublesome , they can offer moral support and boost your confidence with compliments, but best of all it opens an avenue for you to develop friendships with other members, and while we are all about growing and fighting for the legalization of this plant, the ability for develop friendships with like minded people is a huge benefit this forum has to offer.

Welcome aboard :thumb:
Emilya did an awesome job with great advice, for sure. But you post is great as well! It is the strong sense of community I have seen that draws me to this group even more so than the expertise. You rarely see such friendly and courteous discussion, and respect, on an internet discussion site. It will be a pleasure participating here!

I am a Mars-Hydro guy myself. Mars tents and lights. There may be better stuff out there, but not at the price IMHO. I think that the tents and lights are the best bang for your buck. Take a look at their website. Home Page. :peace:

Thanks for the suggestion, super. The prices do look hard to beat!

Back
Top Bottom