Hello from a Newbie Seeking Advice on Strains

anxiolyticure

Folks,

Hello, you can call me Seamus! :Namaste:

I'm a former recreational user of cannabis who has, in recent months, done a lot of research into the benefits of cannabis to treat the ailments from which my wife & I suffer.

Specifically, I have an anxiety and depressive disorder, which is treated with prescription meds which have rather nasty side effects, including nausea and major sleep issues. These have been getting worse over time...My wife has lupus, which is an autoimmune disorder, as well as severe situational stress, including (perhaps) social anxiety disorder.

I am convinced, due to recent research that I have read peer-reviewed journals and via the mainstream media, that medicating with cannabis is sufficiently harmless and would likely improve our quality of life.

I have ordered us a vaporizer.
Clearly, we probably want a strain with a decent amount of CBD.

However, one of the reasons I quit consuming cannabis originally was due to prohibition, and because I could not reliably purchase cannabis which had known content and was pure. (I got sold weed which was laced, basically.)

In my area, I am forced to grow my own herb.

My question to you all, is, which strains should I consider for us, given that I have to order the seeds and this will be our first grow? I have decided to do ------------ with fox farm nutes -- we're big on organics.

Strains I have considered are:
  • BC Bud Depot Girl Scout Cookies ($$$$)
  • Barneys Liberty Haze ($$$)
  • Green House White Rhino ($$)
  • KC Brains KC 36 ($)

What do you think for newbie growers with our requirements?

In advance, thank you for any input you can provide.

Hopefully we'll be medicating in relatively short order.
Pity we don't live in Cali, we wouldn't have trouble feeling better.
Perhaps we'll consider moving.

:thanks:
~Seamus

:welcome: to :420:

A great community with friendly people and great information!

My memory is that one of the Fox farms trio is not organic and the other two are. So make sure you double check that before purchasing if your strictly want organic. If I confirm it, Ill post back here.
I have limited personal experence with cdb levels and differing effect. Ive smoked for a long time but just had the mindset of "this one is good, this one isnt as good". Have you looked at medical cannabis review sites online? or checked out the Strain reviews here?
Sorry I couldnt answer that better, but we are glad to have you on board!!

Hi Seamus,

Just here to say Hi and Welcome from another newbie. I can't help you with strains - I just picked out a mid $$ grade sativa which gave me great bud after many mishaps. There are so many well informed helpful people on this site I'm sure your questions will be answered.

Good luck and enjoy! :green_heart:

Tiger bloom and Grow big are not 100% organic. Along with alot of other of thier products. I just confirmed on there site. Sorry my man or maam.

Spimp, thank you so much for the information.

I think I will look into General Organics, in that case.
I have read that they work, but smell a bit. I can live with that.

Again, thank you so much for your help, and for welcoming me.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom