Hello from Connecticut!

SensibleSal66

:D Hello everyone ! I'm 55 and from Connecticut . Here Cannabis has just reached it's recreational stage . I'm a medical user myself . I also am planing to grow for the first time with " A little help from my friends" . Seriously, I am looking forward to meeting as many people here as possible and hope to gain a lot of knowledge and experience . Being a Newbie growing from what I've been hearing and reading is very detailed and organized . I certainly have my hands full with all the terminology and growing tips .
I hope with all your expertise, I will have a successful growing season . I really need this because the dispensary is getting hard to deal with it's insane prices .
Thanks for reading my intro. ! :thumb:

:D Hello everyone ! I'm 55 and from Connecticut . Here Cannabis has just reached it's recreational stage . I'm a medical user myself . I also am planing to grow for the first time with " A little help from my friends" . Seriously, I am looking forward to meeting as many people here as possible and hope to gain a lot of knowledge and experience . Being a Newbie growing from what I've been hearing and reading is very detailed and organized . I certainly have my hands full with all the terminology and growing tips .
I hope with all your expertise, I will have a successful growing season . I really need this because the dispensary is getting hard to deal with it's insane prices .
Thanks for reading my intro. ! :thumb:
Hello @SensibleSal66 hope your having a good day.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend, we are glad to have you here.
We have terrific sponsors that will give you a deal on everything you need.
If you want to try coco I can walk you through it.
But we have a ton of soil growers that will be glad to give you a hand.
Stay safe.
Bill

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SensibleSal66

Are you ready to enjoy the journey?
What type of growing would you like to learn first?

See what other growers and doing and when your ready start your grow journal here so we can follow along.

Also, after you have over 50 posts, you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 magazine @SensibleSal66

We will definitely get you successfully growing your own medicine. Your first grow doesn't need loads a fancy equipment, it can be done on a budget. Do you have any seeds to start with?
Just to follow on from stoneotter, personally I would suggest growing in decent soil to begin with,as you can get a plant nearly all the way to mid flower without adding/mixing nutrients.. just water, light and TLC. Anyway, hopefully you will find what's best for you, but, if its your first time, I would suggest keeping it simple..
Hopefully see you around

I would like to establish a decent first growing season . I'm new to this whole growing thing . Any tips would be fully appreciated . :)
If you want to try coco my Gorilla Glue thread will be a big help.
But the soil and hydro growers here are top notch and extremely helpful.
Once you decide get a journal going and we will follow along and help.
Stay safe.
Bill

I don't think we have any sponsors that do soil, so i would suggest going to your garden centre, getting a young seedling mix to start with, and a young plant mix to up pot into and then finally, a mature plant compost, for their final home. It doesn't have to be an all singing and dancing super soil.. it's just a plant, which does have some specific needs, but you can keep it simple. This was grown in the same way and I only fed her organic vegetable food in the last 4 weeks of her life
Screenshot_20210324-205047.jpeg
Screenshot_20210406-181743.jpeg

I plan on planting in soil indoors and then move some outdoors . I have a friend helping via texting and cell phone . Need recommendations for soil and where can I buy it ? Have a light coming soon .
Welcome! I would look into Living Organic soil, super easy... Happy growing! :hookah:

I don't think we have any sponsors that do soil, so i would suggest going to your garden centre, getting a young seedling mix to start with, and a young plant mix to up pot into and then finally a mature plant compost, for their final home. It doesn't have to be an all singing and dancing super soil.. it's just a plant, which does have some specific needs, but you can keep it simple. This was grown in the same way and I only fed her organic vegetable food in the last 4 weeks of life
Screenshot_20210324-205047.jpeg

Beautiful bud Amigo.
Great advice.
Is that a nanner sticking out on the bottom left or a yellow sugar leaf.
Probably long ago smoked by now, hehe.
I think I forgot to say congratulations on your promotion in my pm.
Don't forget us little folks as you move up, hehe.
But great news good for you though. :woohoo:
I'm proud to say I knew him way back when he was just one of us little folks :rofl: .
Stay safe.
Bill

Beautiful bud Amigo.
Great advice.
Is that a nanner sticking out on the bottom left or a yellow sugar leaf.
Probably long ago smoked by now, hehe.
I think I forgot to say congratulations on your promotion in my pm.
Don't forget us little folks as you move up, hehe.
But great news good for you though. :woohoo:
I'm proud to say I knew him way back when he was just one of us little folks :rofl: .
Stay safe.
Bill
:rofl: Im still one of the little folks mate. I'm just here to help direct people to the right places and processes and keep a lookout for a few mistakes that get made from time to time..once I get a bit more experience, I will be able to do a bit housework, to help keep the place neet and tidy, like we are accustomed to.
Yes it is a nanner, the only one I've ever had.. I took the photo to show it off :laugh:
And yes, it was a great smoke and made great edibles, it didn't last long, as it was too good :laugh:
Thanks for the well wishes mate, i appreciate it. It's nice to see that you're active on here again :)

I grew like that this summer. Went with foxfarm ocean forest soil and Geoflora nutrients. Those give you a Living Organic Soil. My plant grew great I have to say. If you go that way I can help along the way and I also journaled it towards the middle/end of the Dark Matter journal below. Around the end of May I think.

:rofl: Im still one of the little folks mate. I'm just here to help direct people to the right places and processes and keep a lookout for a few mistakes that get made from time to time..once I get a bit more experience, I will be able to do a bit housework, to help keep the place neet and tidy, like we are accustomed to.
Yes it is a nanner, the only one I've ever had.. I took the photo to show it off :laugh:
And yes, it was a great smoke and made great edibles, it didn't last long, as it was too good :laugh:
Thanks for the well wishes mate, i appreciate it. It's nice to see that you're active on here again :)
Thank you.
I missed talking to yall. :green_heart:
That's where it starts. Then.....
Pretty soon your sweeping me out the door into the bin :rofl:
Stay safe. ;)
Bill

edit:
Omg I just realized who's thread we are on, I apologize.:sorry:

Back
Top Bottom