Hello from Europe

Pahval

420 Member
Hi there dear community,

Im coming from southern europe, im interested in making cannabis medicine, i started my journey as a grower for cancer pantient who unfortunately isnt here anymore, and due to my lack of knowledge, resources, equipment i started with a project of designing automated perpetual grow system that will be easy to build and use, all from seeds to clones to flower to oil production, so im searching for resources all over web to fine tune my design, which will be open source and available to everyone. My aim is to make it easy for anyone to grow their own with equipment and nutrients available for this region, so far my controller is half way done, and i plan on do rigorous testings of environment conditions for THC and CBD strains. Currently im reading trough research and patent papers on what the industry uses and im developing diy solutions for that.

Peace...

Welcome to 420!

Hi and welcome!
I know that There are several automated grow systems already on the market so not sure if they hold the patent already, but if not go for it!
Great idea for someone not sure about what to do, etc. just plug and go.
Not sure if your intention is to set it up and return in 3 months or just automate the environment and feeding of the plants? There is the saying "the best thing for your plants is your shadow" meaning the huge benefit of being able to check on them, perform any needed training, inspect and treat for pests, and in general it's really nice to be around them.
Best of luck!

:welcome:

Hi and welcome!
I know that There are several automated grow systems already on the market so not sure if they hold the patent already, but if not go for it!
Not sure if your intention is to set it up and return in 3 months or just automate the environment and feeding of the plants? There is the saying "the best thing for your plants is your shadow" meaning the huge benefit of being able to check on them, perform any needed training, inspect and treat for pests, and in general it's really nice to be around them.
Best of luck!
Hi and welcome!
Best of luck!

Yes, there are many options, but unfortunately they cost a lot of money, i want to lower those prices but keep the same, if not higher technical approach (from 3000usd to 500usd)... There will be no patent infrigment, as all the platforms im working with are open source, some designs are allready in diy community, and my own designs will be open source as well, anything i look in other patents, i look to understand principles of lets say air dynamics or plants reaction... I dunno how this works, but lets say other day i found a pending patent for drying/curing cabinet, nothing special, vents and humidity control, its kinda funny, i dont think they can stop people from building their own cabinets, as long as someone doesnt make profit from the same design... Yes, it must be plug&play, open to anyone and as cheap as possible without any compromises, with total customization, but with prepared, well tested recipes so you can just press start, essentially, depending on how you want to grow... Its a huge task, but duable, and i hope meaningful (usually machine is as smart as user is, but automation is as smart as programmer is knowledgeable about system they want to control)... I dont want to replace grower, just tedious task like light timers, mixing nutes, checking water and environment quality, there is open source solution with a.i. program monitoring plants with camera and detecting early nute defficiencies and powdery mildew issues, i hope to implement that also, but i dont think it will be done in next year or so, as it is a big project, im alone, and its non profit (meaning i do this on my free time), and also i still need a lot of research and testing, so thats why im here, to get the info and share what i found... It will be made so that you can leave it for 8 weeks and come for flowers, but you can talk to them also in the meantime, and preferably do some training and trimming... I can layout full deacription of design if you are interested... Its much easier for user to have focus only on plants, not on water level, nutrient mixture, heat, humidity, light distance (working on light with self adjusting height prototype rn ;), I even have a crazy idea for a automated lst machine, but thats saved for later... Most challenging part will be nutrient line, i want to achieve self cleaning of tubings and tank, automated foliar feed, but altough i have some ideas on paper, i need to see it in action, specifically reaction of cleaning chems with plants roots... I know it sounds bloated and wishy washy, ive allready been into arguments with exp growers that were rejecting idea, that ppl need years to perfect their grow style, learn the plant etc, im wishing to break that myth, and ill do what i can to break it, cause i want to make something noobs are actually gonna use andmfrom start get continous income of medicine, med patients need 3-4 types of cannabis, good ratio of thc per yield of both indica and sativa for their terpenes (there are no available terps here in eu but i found cool diy project for terp extraction) of thc, cbd and cbg, i tend to find stable varieties and map out their best grow conditions so that its replicable, im not into trying out new or old species, or care about flavours, i need uplifting sativa for morning/day, calming indica for evening and night, i think its doable, but im a person who doesnt say no to challenge, im creative idealist and think tanker, with exp in building automation for machines as big as 3 warehouses, so im pretty confident... But hey, its all about the ride, even if i fail, ill try to contribute with research and spreading others work (allready posted about cajuns recipe and sweetsue's research on my local cannabis forum, amazing work)... You americans have no idea how much you contributed to the world having these communities, there would be no talk about curing cancer with cannabis imo if it werent for people like rick simpson (he even made oil at my friends house lol, crazy guy), people who dared to try different approaches, on my local ag uni they even recommend to check cannabis grow forums for techniques on growing... I just cant stand high prices on these parts, im confident i can make lamp that cost 1200 usd for half the price... Thank you all for nice welcome... <3 btw im very open to any debate, suggestions, criticism, i find the most value from making mistakes and asking dumb questions, my ego is trained in that way that i want truth, not to prove something... Peace...
Yes, there are many options, but unfortunately they cost a lot of money, i want to lower those prices but keep the same, if not higher technical approach (from 3000usd to 500usd)... There will be no patent infrigment, as all the platforms im working with are open source, some designs are allready in diy community, and my own designs will be open source as well, anything i look in other patents, i look to understand principles of lets say air dynamics or plants reaction... I dunno how this works, but lets say other day i found a pending patent for drying/curing cabinet, nothing special, vents and humidity control, its kinda funny, i dont think they can stop people from building their own cabinets, as long as someone doesnt make profit from the same design... Yes, it must be plug&play, open to anyone and as cheap as possible without any compromises, with total customization, but with prepared, well tested recipes so you can just press start, essentially, depending on how you want to grow... Its a huge task, but duable, and i hope meaningful (usually machine is as smart as user is, but automation is as smart as programmer is knowledgeable about system they want to control)... I dont want to replace grower, just tedious task like light timers, mixing nutes, checking water and environment quality, there is open source solution with a.i. program monitoring plants with camera and detecting early nute defficiencies and powdery mildew issues, i hope to implement that also, but i dont think it will be done in next year or so, as it is a big project, im alone, and its non profit (meaning i do this on my free time), and also i still need a lot of research and testing, so thats why im here, to get the info and share what i found... It will be made so that you can leave it for 8 weeks and come for flowers, but you can talk to them also in the meantime, and preferably do some training and trimming... I can layout full deacription of design if you are interested... Its much easier for user to have focus only on plants, not on water level, nutrient mixture, heat, humidity, light distance (working on light with self adjusting height prototype rn ;), I even have a crazy idea for a automated lst machine, but thats saved for later... Most challenging part will be nutrient line, i want to achieve self cleaning of tubings and tank, automated foliar feed, but altough i have some ideas on paper, i need to see it in action, specifically reaction of cleaning chems with plants roots... I know it sounds bloated and wishy washy, ive allready been into arguments with exp growers that were rejecting idea, that ppl need years to perfect their grow style, learn the plant etc, im wishing to break that myth, and ill do what i can to break it, cause i want to make something noobs are actually gonna use andmfrom start get continous income of medicine, med patients need 3-4 types of cannabis, good ratio of thc per yield of both indica and sativa for their terpenes (there are no available terps here in eu but i found cool diy project for terp extraction) of thc, cbd and cbg, i tend to find stable varieties and map out their best grow conditions so that its replicable, im not into trying out new or old species, or care about flavours, i need uplifting sativa for morning/day, calming indica for evening and night, i think its doable, but im a person who doesnt say no to challenge, im creative idealist and think tanker, with exp in building automation for machines as big as 3 warehouses, so im pretty confident... But hey, its all about the ride, even if i fail, ill try to contribute with research and spreading others work (allready posted about cajuns recipe and sweetsue's research on my local cannabis forum, amazing work)... You americans have no idea how much you contributed to the world having these communities, there would be no talk about curing cancer with cannabis imo if it werent for people like rick simpson (he even made oil at my friends house lol, crazy guy), people who dared to try different approaches, on my local ag uni they even recommend to check cannabis grow forums for techniques on growing... I just cant stand high prices on these parts, im confident i can make lamp that cost 1200 usd for half the price... Thank you all for nice welcome... <3 btw im very open to any debate, suggestions, criticism, i find the most value from making mistakes and asking dumb questions, my ego is trained in that way that i want truth, not to prove something... Peace...

very cool! This might be a great option for something like autoflowers (also set it and forget it) type thing as they are sensitive to being messed with and if the space is appropriate could handle a fullgrown autoflower with little training.
As for pest control, what about an integrated pest management system that could hit the plants with a fog/mist of (organic/safe) pest solution on a weekly schedule? Then the user could simply sprout the autoflower seed, put it in the grow media and that's all!

:welcome:
Hmmm, to tell something about me... Well, im pretty wild in nature, but with good heart... I smoked since i was 13, stopped last year because i had to... Started with growing because my friend needed medicine, after she passed away, all the mistakes i did kinda haunted me, to the point i swore ill give something proper to med patients here where its illegal... Hence such complex system... I want people to have full detailed, ikea style build, medicine production system... Not just put in soil, water every 2 days and wait for 5 months to see if you succeded... I could tell a lot more here, but im tired as hell, i just came home, its 19:30 and i left 05:30 for my job... Gonna take a hot shower and wash this day from my skin... Happy growing... <3

very cool! This might be a great option for something like autoflowers (also set it and forget it) type thing as they are sensitive to being messed with and if the space is appropriate could handle a fullgrown autoflower with little training.
As for pest control, what about an integrated pest management system that could hit the plants with a fog/mist of (organic/safe) pest solution on a weekly schedule? Then the user could simply sprout the autoflower seed, put it in the grow media and that's all!
Yep, allready accounted for... Just press a button when you see it... My goal is to have clones in sog style for repeated results, 4 flower grows for every 2 week harvest... I didnt find autos suitable for the ammount ppl need, but my controling system will be flexible for most situations (from watering soil to auto nute mix in res for semi recirculating deep water culture, feom simple light to special pulse mode uv supplement and farred/infrared after cycle for emerson effect)...

I love the idea of automation and when I set up my greenhouse I set up a auto watering system. Well most of it. Since then I decided I would rather just do it the old way. I'm retired and I have lots of time on my hand's so it is better for me to just do it the old fashion way so as to have more time in my greenhouse per day. As it is I still only spend an hour in their every day and I pictured in my minds eye of being in their for hours a day. So I guess once I get a lot more plants and my pot plants bigger I will just have to find other things to do.

Yep, allready accounted for... Just press a button when you see it... My goal is to have clones in sog style for repeated results, 4 flower grows for every 2 week harvest... I didnt find autos suitable for the ammount ppl need, but my controling system will be flexible for most situations (from watering soil to auto nute mix in res for semi recirculating deep water culture, feom simple light to special pulse mode uv supplement and farred/infrared after cycle for emerson effect)...
Okay, I could totally see that working with a clone/SOG.
I did small scale one a while back where every 2 weeks I harvested 4-8 small plants (each plant was 18-24" tall with one cola) and it made for very easy harvesting & trimming too! Would work well with rockwool cubes too

Back
Top Bottom