Hello from Germany

Washing, cleaning, drying Perlite
20190428_085640.jpg
20190428_085652.jpg
20190428_085659.jpg
20190428_085713.jpg

New idea for germiating seeds in jiffies: Add a schnapps shot glass with a 0,5mm hole drilled in the bottom for air exchange. Cups are VERY brittle, do not push, let the drill do it's work.. Run at High Speed!
Mounty
Berry seeds germinating under humi-domes.jpg
Drill a 0,5mm hole in plastic schnapps shot glass.jpg
Gorilla Humi-domes under Thunder-dome.jpg
Gorilla seeds germinating avec humi-dome.jpg
Pack of schnapps shot glasses.jpg
Single schnapps shot glass.jpg

Harvested another 2 girls today. The harvest from last week is dry and ready to trim.
For trimming i am using 1 of my hampers, have 2 sisal sacks (potatoe/sand sacks) placed inside, fastened with clamps, marked with ;KEEP;, ;Non KEEP;. I have no hydraulic press, so I cannot make resin. I smoke the herb through a glass bong/reacteur (reactor), so the buds do not have to be pretty.
I will NOT be selling any of this, inviting friends to a toke, ok, but NO SALE!! Illegal enuff as is, do not want to cross that line on top of it all...Hope to learn the trade well enough, to be able to have 2-3 harvests a year, good/better quali than now, and leave the system off, say in the hotter summer months.. perhaps 1 mom plant as a lead-in process to accelerate things.. decisions, decisions. Twas nice, the last harvest, to be able to smoke herb of my own doing, like 5 weeks long.... never did weigh the yield.. really matters not, nice to know, maybe, to compare to future yields...
Have a ton of different shears, scissors, knives, to help with the harvest. Sharpeing stones are packed away for future use...
Mounty
2 Bins.jpg
2 girls added to the harvest today.jpg
Reacteur.jpg
Sisal Bags for trim.jpg
Smallest denominator to be kept.jpg
Tools o the trade.jpg

These Autoflowers are bothering me. Not looking good, not taking on any nutes or water for that matter. Leaves drooping, withering. pH 5,8 and ec of ca. 1200/1,2. Wondering if the 3x lightcycle change in 10 days got to them... Hangman came and beheaded 6 of em. Unflushed, pre-ripe, grr... 3 are left, the 3 better looking ones.
Count atm: VEG: 7ea; 4 ea from seed, more than ready to be switched to bloom, stretching this out, use one as mom? 3 AF's on the verge of being liquidated... Where to put all this stuff.....? BLOOM: 7ea, in 2 stages of bloom; 3ea @ week 4, 4 ea @ week 1 going on 2. PROP: 4 ea Gorilla seedlings just starting node 2. The idea with using the schnapps glass worked amazing!! Drilled the hole out to 3mm. You can feed (drip) from here, and the humidity stays quite high, moisture build-up inside, but can breath through this hole. Warm from below, moist from above, just as they like it in young days/age.
The Sushi eating plants are still too young for any real meals. The maggots/Larvae I had bought, did as nature planned. They cocooned. Large black flies slipped out and flew away... The other cocoons, i poured out on the balcony. Birds and/or ants took care of that. The fridge I#d acquired for this, i have now put my hemp seeds into. PERFECT!! right at 10°C, dark. (In the pic i had just plugged it back in...)
Berries are too coming along. 5/14 have reared their lil heads.
Mounty
20190506_094428.jpg
20190506_094454.jpg
20190506_094532.jpg

Hi friends, commerades and like-minded.
Not too much going on here, nothing unusual. Girls are looking good. I decided to do a round of earth/soil as substrate, instead of my usual 100% Perlite. I have 2 ea Gorilla Glue still in Perlite, about 1 week older than 9 ea Critical X (Cant remember the 2nd name/strain). I may be wrong, using the Canna Aqua nutes in soil.... run-off is alot less. Will be flushing once a week. The girls in soil have already outgrown the 2 Perlite dwellers. Feeding regiment is the same. Therein lays the growth difference. I will up the amount/tact with which I feed the Perlite ladies.
Question; It is now slowly, but surely, getting warmer outside. I would like to change the lights on/off phase for nights now, being the lights-on phase. Would it be better to swap them over with a short or long period of night, for 1 time only, to adjust their days?
Been busy getting the strawberry patch ready. I/we have a big ol tree stump out front of my wifes garage. I had tried to ecologicly/naturaly remove it: Drilled many a hole into it, and filled these with ice melting salt/street salt, large crystals. Dampened a bit, covered and waited. That was 3 yrs ago. Now it is slowly deteriorating. Bugs of many nations have found a new home. The reason I am removing the stump, or trying, is because it hinders the garage door in opening properly. I had already been slowly chewing away at it, from the outside as those parts dried and died. Burrowing bugs have helped aswell. So there is still a large amount left, more than I will be able to remove without a stump grinder... I have decided to put 2 EURO palettes (Normed in size) atop this stump. You can beg/borrow/steal/buy so called 'Aprons/Skirts' that fit on top of the palettes, giving them a box type structure, metal hinges at the corners. They come in half and whole palette sizes. I have a few of each. Been painting them, and the palettes with waterproofing. I will be installing a drain/feed system of sorts. Have 15 m of drip tube ordered.
So, that is about it. I will try to get a few pics.
Sorry about not having gotten any further with the gravity feed watering system as-of-yet. Too much other stuff on my plate at the moment...
Greetz
Mounty

Hello friends. Wow, its been that long since i was theses ways??
R-E-S-P-E-K-T (German for: Respect)
Twas a bit of a rollercoaster this past summer. 1 crop i had to tear down/out. It got soooo hot in my closet. A/C did nothing. Max temp on the display was 56°C!! No matter how much spraying, flapping the doors, stationary fans etc, heat was not controllable. Shut the system down for a month... poop!!
K, Just a quick question into the rounds: Do you find that name brand nutes work better than say, smaller, more bio leanient nute producers. Just as an example: Namebrand molasses costs like 7 Eur/250ml. I bought no name, 5L (!!!) unsulphured, for 20 Eur...
I started off with 100% Canna nutes. Have slowly slid off that wagon towards Hesi, and/or noname.
Whats your take on these matters?
Mounty

Back
Top Bottom