Hello from happy Hampshire

4ursins

hey guys, im a bit late coming on here n saying hi, should been firat place i came anyway bit about me. Used grow back when i was a teen early 20s and for various reasons i stopped now a decade later im starting again.

My first foray back into growing some pretty ladies has been outdoors with autos and im not enjoying it. Having always previously grown indoors in rockwool on nft under my own conditions and stepping into natures playground has not gone to well. Various issues from damping off to slugs to various pests to what i believe is now lockout. Im about to give up on em and just leave em to their own devices.

So having now convinced my partner ive secured myaelf a 2.3 ft x 2.7 ft grow space which i feel is ideal for what i want. I can tap into extraction pipework from bathroom and feed excess heat out through there. I intend to run an ozone generator i still have in pipework to clear any smells.
Whay im looking for though is some advice from some of the more knowledgeable amongst you as to lighting. Now LED really wasnt a thing back then it was all HPS but i want recommendations for led light for a 3x3 area, nothing stupidly expensive but i want options as to spectrum intensity etc. I want to have optilns with my light but i want to also know its capable to kicking out the intensity and spectrum in real world. Hydro was still relatively new also, im happy to go back to NFT setup but ive been reading about bubble pots and they intrigue me. Any experiances with those would be beneficial to me. Im happy to buy second hand equipment if its local enough and priced right. Also i may be on lookout for some cuts, i know with situation in uk im asking alot but tbh where theres a will theres a way. Im only looking at a small 4 plant grow nothing to excite anyone but just about enough to keep me going if i can hit 2oz each plant every 8 weeks.

i use metal halide and hps cant get into led light at all , 250w of each maybe would suite that little space of yours . use large CFL for veg , get a 300w for 20 quid on ebay , has built in ballast and then a hps to flower get a ballast that you can go from 250w to 600w then you can mess around with the temps , a 400 would even be plenty and will give you enough heat , grow autos also they are fast 70 to 90 days seed to finsh

s-l500 (1).jpg

use this for veg then swap to hps flower

Sorry been really busy plus my dads gone into hospital so been all go, ive decided to grab a couple t5s and im gonna run 3 ducks under 3 4ft H/O t5s they will act as mothers and ill plant in garden come april.

Back
Top Bottom