Hello from Michigan

Hey Michiganders. Frequent business trips to Denver and the relief I get while there I want here. I posted a seperate post, but I think I should have posted here as more Michigan people may get notification of my questions to help me get started.

New (future) Metro Detroit card holder MI questions while I wait

1. I much prefer edibles like gummies to smoking. I have scoped out a few reviews of metro Detroit dispensaries and all the reviews talk buds, and have only found one mention of edibles. Something about "I wish they still carried edibles. Are edibles available and reasonably easy to get in various forms? If so, where?

2. Do dispensaries sell oils for vaping?

3. I do a bit of hunting and own a shotgun. Will I need to store it outside my home? The stuff I read about MMJ and guns mostly related to concealed weapons and shooting someone while having a card. I only want to shoot a pheasant or two in South Dakota once a year.

4. I read caregivers might be the way to go because they have better selection. Also, they help you get started growing. I'd prefer to buy what I need and be done with it. I don't want to grow but maybe they have access to better edibles. Is a caregiver in MI the way to go?

5. Caregiver and privacy. I prefer my family not know I have a card. Are caregivers extremely discrete or do they need to come by the house and meet the wife and kids? If so, I would need to use the dispensaries (unless having a caregiver is required).

Thanks for any replies for experienced Michigan card holders.

just wanted to start a topic in here since its been over a year for a new post so if your from the state or even if your not come on an say hello..

since a lote of the medical sites for here just offer name calling and arguments, censorship i thought i would check out the 420 agian been a while for me but hope to make new friends...
Agreed, I'm elderly and a couple of these sites are damn viscious. Peace!

After a few years of this, I can give this advice: stay away from dispensaries, caregivers, and growstores. Grow your own at home and keep it to yourself. All you need is T5 lighting, 12 one gallon pots, Rootsorganics soil(it can be recycled for a few grows) seeds( make your own clones) some nutes, buy it all online, yer good to go! Make your own edibles, some of these people that bake are disgustingly filthy, you don't know what they put in there. Approach it the same way as halloween candy. The sickos are out there. After the first edible or dab that makes you sick you'll know. Stay away from medical people period!

Hey Michiganders. Frequent business trips to Denver and the relief I get while there I want here. I posted a seperate post, but I think I should have posted here as more Michigan people may get notification of my questions to help me get started.

1. I much prefer edibles like gummies to smoking. I have scoped out a few reviews of metro Detroit dispensaries and all the reviews talk buds, and have only found one mention of edibles. Something about "I wish they still carried edibles. Are edibles available and reasonably easy to get in various forms? If so, where?

3. I do a bit of hunting and own a shotgun. Will I need to store it outside my home? The stuff I read about MMJ and guns mostly related to concealed weapons and shooting someone while having a card. I only want to shoot a pheasant or two in South Dakota once a year.

4. I read caregivers might be the way to go because they have better selection. Also, they help you get started growing. I'd prefer to buy what I need and be done with it. I don't want to grow but maybe they have access to better edibles. Is a caregiver in MI the way to go?

5. Caregiver and privacy. I prefer my family not know I have a card. Are caregivers extremely discrete or do they need to come by the house and meet the wife and kids? If so, I would need to use the dispensaries (unless having a caregiver is required).

Remember, some of these people have been hard narcotics users and informants for decades. Don't let them in your house! Some are psychotic, and want you to spend hundreds of dollars a month for low quality garf. Growing your own is easy.

After a few years of this, I can give this advice: stay away from dispensaries, caregivers, and growstores. Grow your own at home and keep it to yourself. All you need is T5 lighting, 12 one gallon pots, Rootsorganics soil(it can be recycled for a few grows) seeds( make your own clones) some nutes, buy it all online, yer good to go! Make your own edibles, some of these people that bake are disgustingly filthy, you don't know what they put in there. Approach it the same way as halloween candy. The sickos are out there. After the first edible or dab that makes you sick you'll know. Stay away from medical people period!

Remember, some of these people have been hard narcotics users and informants for decades. Don't let them in your house! Some are psychotic, and want you to spend hundreds of dollars a month for low quality garf. Growing your own is easy.

How do I hide growing pot plants from family and friends? I think you missed the point of my post. Privacy is key.

So you are saying the caregivers and dispensaries with rip me off and possible poison me with bad edibles?

Anyone have solid answers to the questions in my post?

Realistically, and I want to be frank without causing uneeded paranoia, you really can't hide it completely from anyone that's looking to see it. Red eyes, traces of soil, jugs of water, smoke odors on your breath, odor of buds, etc. Be realistic. However, you can, politely keep it out of sight. If grows are not for you, find a sane, non-criminal caregiver that grows the same strain consistently and settle on a set amount that you can afford per month. Personally, I can't afford nor could I smoke an ounce or 2.5 ounces a month and that's what caregivers need from their patients in order to keep growing. Very few caregivers will contract to sell you less than your 2.5 minimum, per month and last I checked it was 200 to 300 an ounce. There are some trustworthy people out there, however, you have to be one yourself in order to find them. As far as edibles and concentrates, yes don't eat them unless you made them or observed them being made, the only concentrate to use is water hash or sifted kief. Those are solid answers there my friend. Remember, marijuana use, has long been rooted in criminality. Criminals look for naive people to exploit and victimize, it's what they do. Peace signs!

Realistically, and I want to be frank without causing uneeded paranoia, you really can't hide it completely from anyone that's looking to see it. Red eyes, traces of soil, jugs of water, smoke odors on your breath, odor of buds, etc. Be realistic. However, you can, politely keep it out of sight. If grows are not for you, find a sane, non-criminal caregiver that grows the same strain consistently and settle on a set amount that you can afford per month. Personally, I can't afford nor could I smoke an ounce or 2.5 ounces a month and that's what caregivers need from their patients in order to keep growing. Very few caregivers will contract to sell you less than your 2.5 minimum, per month and last I checked it was 200 to 300 an ounce. There are some trustworthy people out there, however, you have to be one yourself in order to find them. As far as edibles and concentrates, yes don't eat them unless you made them or observed them being made, the only concentrate to use is water hash or sifted kief. Those are solid answers there my friend. Remember, marijuana use, has long been rooted in criminality. Criminals look for naive people to exploit and victimize, it's what they do. Peace signs!

Any one else Michigan with a card on this board?

I can't believe dispensaries are selling poisonous edibles. Seems that would be bad for business.

Welcome to the 420Magazine Forum!

Some people have to find a caregiver that will deliver, most likely due to disabilities and such. I doubt I'd ask a stranger into my home though, that is a relationship that you'd have to develop over time.

As far as the gun issue goes, if you are within the boundaries of the law I really don't think there is an issue with having a shotgun in the house, it's when you break the law "AND" have guns around that their gonna get confiscated. My gun safe is absolutely the "SAFEST" place in my house so if I have extra product that's where it goes. Of course this may only make sense to me and not a jury, I hope I don't need to find that out.

On another note, I started growing my own once I got my medical card... it's not that I don't trust a caregiver, I needed a hobby and it appears I found it. I can't wait to get out of bed in the morning and to check on my plants.

HOWEVER, I AM NOT A LAWYER, just an old fart trying to stay out of a wheel chair:thumb:

If you decide to grow your own, start reading "a lot" and when you're ready start a journal and you will have a group of good people willing to help when you hit a snag.... and more than likely you'll run into a few.

Right now edibles and concentrates are illegal, dispensaries are off limits unless you are a registered patient with them. I didn't say they were all poisonous, however, anyone selling or buying edibles is likely committing a felony. It's not worth the risk. I suggest you find a friend that can share or have a small grow. Having your own and avoiding commerce with the criminal element is part of the original intent of this law. Why risk your health or freedom?

If you decide to grow your own, start reading "a lot" and when you're ready start a journal and you will have a group of good people willing to help when you hit a snag.... and more than likely you'll run into a few.

I think the family would notice plants growing in the house. I have grown a few plants in the past pre-family and would just do that now card or no card if I could. Thanks for your opinion on the hunting gun issue.

Right now edibles and concentrates are illegal, dispensaries are off limits unless you are a registered patient with them. I didn't say they were all poisonous, however, anyone selling or buying edibles is likely committing a felony. It's not worth the risk. I suggest you find a friend that can share or have a small grow. Having your own and avoiding commerce with the criminal element is part of the original intent of this law. Why risk your health or freedom?

Ok, now that is good information. I did not realize it was illegal for dispensaries to sell edibles now. I looked it up and it does not sound like it is very difficult to make oil for edibles on my own so that would be the route to go - or make more regular trips to Denver. (Maybe Windsor when it is legal in Canada next year).

I think the family would notice plants growing in the house. I have grown a few plants in the past pre-family and would just do that now card or no card if I could. Thanks for your opinion on the hunting gun issue.
I missed the secrecy part and have zero advice regarding care givers and dispensaries, but good luck.

I built a stealth room under my stairs, bit of it is in my sig. Light proof your intake vent and your good. I do not vent outside, I vent back into my laundry room, so I do have a hole in my wall that inquisitive types could question, but I never have guests in my laundry area. The grow room is always locked. To keep it stealth you gotta keep it quiet as well. You can only hear noise from my inline while walking up and down my stairs, and the sound at that point is similar to a refrigerator running. You hit bottom of stairs/top of stairs and the sound literally disappears. This was a joint effort by my wife and myself.

Going with a caretaker is fine I feel. Here is the truth of it, MOST caretakers are using your plants for their own profit. Some caretakers give a patient a free 1/2 O a month. Some charge you a donation fee. If the caretaker is new you have a lot of time from grow to harvest.

I went caretaker free as I am in the process of becoming one. I mean, you can have a caretaker and still become a caretaker. Thats where laws are fuzzy. Your wife could be your patient, and you could be your wifes patient, you just flip flop cards.

Got my medical records from my regular doctor. I have restless leg syndrome which I take Kolanipin every night so I can get a good night sleep - it is on the approved list. Hoping to get off the narcotic and chew a couple gummies at night instead.

MMJ doctor recommended not using a caregiver and going to a dispensaries in Ann Arbor which have edibles. Also recommended not smoking and vaping or edibles as smoking comes with health risks.

Greetings new to the room new to growing currently on my second and first outdoor grow. Northern Michigan for me MMJ card holder, Veteran found another hobby I love.

My grandfather used to take us kids to the Pere Marquette Rod & Gun Club near Baldwin, what a blast we had at the trout farms, skeet shooting and driving our parents cars down to the beach. I know that was a long time ago - 40 years maybe.

Back
Top Bottom