Hello From Minnesnowta

Kyu Maengun

I have been a long time appreciator of Cannabis encountering a wide range of strains in varying quality. Being a recreational consumer I always flirted with the idea of growing my own crops but never had the financial means or true dedication to make it so. Being that a large chunk of my adult life I had spent renting and my wife is not so fond of the mistress M.J. growing simply was not an option prior.

However, I recently arrived at the conclusion that having to go through other people who may be less than reliable and being concerned with fluctuation in supply flow, quality and dealing with the potential risk of legal exposure have had me reconsidering.

I have read a few posts on other sites covering the idea of a stealth micro grow. Since I am really looking to only satiate my moderate consumption of Cannabis I didn't want anything large scale or conspicuous. I have recently decided I want to take a serious measured jab at attempting to sprout my own beans and foster these beauties.

I will be chronicling the development of my grow box and my first batch of crops. I have already collected a ton of research via 420magazine as well as other sources such as the grow bible but I am still a newbie and will likely ask a ton of questions.

Wish me luck folks and send lots of positive vibes my way!

Congratulations making the jump into growing your own herbs! I think you'll find a lot of information on this website. It's a great resource for growing and everything concerning cannabis.

Check out the "Grow Room" tab and check out the FAQ section to get a good familiararity with the hobby and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Then ask a little more. There's tons of great people around here that have a lot of useful information.

Can't wait to see you around more!

Welcome! You've found a wonderful resource in 420 magazine.

Good luck, hope to catch your journal soon!

Thank you guys so much for the positive support. I am already feeling the love!

I am just about to post the start of my first grow journal in a few minutes here. I wanted to capture some pics to make the journal more interesting.

I am really glad I found this forum :420:

Well my first grow journal is officially up! It is very limited so far as my oldest seedling is only three days young. Feel free to check it out, follow along and inject your wisdom when you see opportunities for improvement!

Re: Hello From Minne-snow-ta

Last year I had a fence around the plants...
and towards the end of the season, I covered the plants at night
to protect them from frost...( the last week )
I grew some pretty good Weed.
This year... No fence , I'm experimenting all the time.
Some say Deer eat it... Some say it repels them , time to find out for myself.
If I end up with a problem...I'll make "trip lines" to set off a BANG....
I played with a tent during Winter (5-1/4oz) and dabbled with defoliation...
It has it's place and CAN be a good growing tool if used correctly.
But the debates about Defoliation are terrible...
My tent is too short... So it's being converted to growing Tomatoes
Tomatoes in WINTER... yea !

Crap... I don't see anything to TURN the photo...

Oct_10_Harvest_Purple_Kiss_and_Atomic_Twinkie_1_1.JPG

Last year I had a fence around the plants...
and towards the end of the season, I covered the plants at night
to protect them from frost...( the last week )
I grew some pretty good Weed.
This year... No fence , I'm experimenting all the time.
Some say Deer eat it... Some say it repels them , time to find out for myself.
If I end up with a problem...I'll make "trip lines" to set off a BANG....
I played with a tent during Winter (5-1/4oz) and dabbled with defoliation...
It has it's place and CAN be a good growing tool if used correctly.
But the debates about Defoliation are terrible...
My tent is too short... So it's being converted to growing Tomatoes
Tomatoes in WINTER... yea !

Right on! You could always try the "piss-perimeter" to keep Deer and rabbits out like on Humbolt County.

I'm too OCD to leave it up to nature when beans are costly.

Crap... I don't see anything to TURN the photo...

Oct_10_Harvest_Purple_Kiss_and_Atomic_Twinkie_1_1.JPG

You may need to retake the photo or I heard someone say that you can edit the photo before uploading to the gallery (rotate it 90 degrees clockwise)

Right on! You could always try the "piss-perimeter" to keep Deer and rabbits out like on Humbolt County.

I'm too OCD to leave it up to nature when beans are costly.

You may need to retake the photo or I heard someone say that you can edit the photo before uploading to the gallery (rotate it 90 degrees clockwise)

So Far I haven't found something to rotate them...and everybody is sideways...

I made beans last season , and last month in the tent...
The buds I pollinated with male pollen are slower to germinate than the
Clones I had in the tent that went for Rodelization...
Those seeds are WILD... and all should be Feminized.
Beans aren't costly when you stretch them out.
There's time to start seeds for a head start.

My experience so far with this community is all positive and troll free. I would be curious to follow your journal and I am sure others here would as well. I don't see a lot of outdoor grows in these parts that go successfully was th our unpredictable and transient weather.

Back
Top Bottom