Hello from the himalayas

nepalweed

In the middle of great himalayan range, lies a small, beautiful yet under developed nation called Nepal.

Since this forum is based on discussion about cannabis, i will skip the intro and jump to the desired section.

Cannabis was introduced in this region very long ago. Nepal was founded on hindu religion, and according to hinduism, the 'supreme god'/'God of the god' Shiva is the user of marijuana along with other poisonous herbs. Temple of Pashupatinath (one of the holiest Shiva temple) is located in the capital city. Every year on february, this temple hosts a festival to mark Shiva's birthday. Sadhus( Extreme follower of Shiva) from around the region flock to attend this festival. Large amount of marijuana is smoked every year in this festivals by both sadhus and non-sadhus.

Cannabis in any form was completely legal in Nepal till early 1970's. Nepal was famous as a hippie destination with people from all around the world travelling here to try authentic kush and purple haze grown wildly on the himalayas.
Nepal had to bow down to the world power and hence made it illegal to consume, sell or grow cannabis.

Since we have a history of cannabis consuming, it is still consumed at large. Nepal still is a prominent illegal supplier of cannabis products. People (like me) smoke without any fear of law. We might get caught if found smoking in public, but we are not hunted down by the cops like what the feds hunt growers and users in America.
Police sometimes destroy the hemp grown wild on the river banks. But that's just a publicity display, because those are just wild grown unusable weed.

I buy my stock(High THC Sinsinella buds) from countryside dealer located around 100 kms outside capital city. I don't know the exact weight but if i smoke two joints every day, NRS 500 ($6) worth of Ganja lasts a month.

Although Ganja is deeply related to our culture, the western influence has changed the attitude towards Ganja. People often bundle Ganja along with synthetic substances like H*roin,c*caine and other shits. I hope to change this viewpoint by demonstrating various benefits of Cannabis.

As I am an amateur write, please bear with my choppy writing. I hope I have introduced my region well in this post. Please feel free to contact me if you need any more information. I am ready to provide you with any ind of help if you plan to visit Nepal.

Jai Shambhu.

Re: Hello from the himalayas.

i was in Nepal not that long ago and experienced the best hash and cheapest I will add, of my entire LIFE!!! It was amazing....not sure what you guys ar doing over there...but kee it up :)

Re: Hello from the himalayas.

High nepalweed, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

I think you're writing is excellent... especially considering you are not a native english speaker! :welldone: Thank you for educating us a little about your country!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

:Namaste:

Thank you.
I apologize for including undesired words searchable through google.
I will use censorship from now onwards.

Back
Top Bottom