hello from the uk

oldskoolD..

big hello to all

have been reading a little for the last day or so,and decided i would sign up

seems a very friendly and info packed site,just what im after

well about me
im from the uk, been toking for nearly as long as i've been alive ;) (hippy parents) :) never grown much before just the usual few plants on a windowsill in the past but am now sick of the prices im having to pay for poor quality bud and have decided to go for it and grow my own

havent set up the space yet but its likely to be a 120x120x200 tent for the first couple of grows and if i find im able to produce good bud then i'll build a better set up

im not looking to grow huge amounts just a nice small regular selection
at the moment im heading towards a diy dwc set up seems like a fairly easy route with nice yeild potential,but im always open to suggestions from longer term growers. so feel free to share the pro's n con's of different set ups

im not buying anything for about a week or two so have time to research any suggestions you may have

anyway onwards and up the research must go on so im gonna go read some more

look forward to your replies/suggestions

oldskoolD.. :reading420magazine::bong:

Hello oldskoolD..
:welcome: to 420.
You sound ready my friend. :cheer:
Take it slow, continue to do the reading.
We are here when needed.
Happy Times.
:goodluck:

cheers the weed and roseman :)

rosema been reading your tutorial, just what i was looking for, tho i may modify things slightly ;)

gotta say you've certainly opened my eyes with the cfls, never seen such a good crop from them before, was lead to believe it took forever to grow with them and quality was low but now, the proof is there to see

i was planning seperate pots 1 plant each but that seems a bit daft now if i can easily fit 3 or more in the one tub instead

firdt grow im going to cop out a little and use femized beans for starters but thats more to get some quick harvest so i can stop paying out for buds of lousy quality, recently a lot of growers im dealing with are purely profit motivated and its showing in the product, bad flushing etc early chopping and god knows what else some of them do but standards have deffo dropped :( hence my new hobby :)

im quite a heavy smoker so want to grow maybe half a dozen plants first go and hopefully most will survive, then i plan to set up a decent area and do things slowly and really start learning to read plants etc

anyway your tutorial has been a great help and cleard up some things i werent sure of as well as opening my eyes to other ways

will be keeping an eyye on you and a couple other people who seem to have got there systems bang on, hope to do a journal when i get started in a week or two so look out here i come lol :)

welcome bro!!!!
we all have suggestions for your first system...god knows there are so many to choose from, Ive done them all except NFT which isnt exactly the way to go anyway with weed.
I would recomend a small flood tray to start.
the biggest reason is the pure flexibility. You can go from veg to bloom. you can do a few or alot..
after the bug has bit you hard you will likely want something with more capacity....
veg net pots and then transplant into Ebb buckets and bloom.
the point is I have all the equipment and if I had to do it all over again I would start with a tray....then if I want more capacity then incorporate more stuff. whatever way you want to go we will take you thru a harvest. promise.....read....read.
Roseman has alot of good stuff to learn ya.

Back
Top Bottom