Hello, Hello, Hello - is there anybody out there?

mufinman

I never noticed this Florida section before.

As far as I remember, its OK for doctors to prescribe, high CBD strains (eg.: Charlottes Web,,,) when a certain few illness are found in children... not OK to grow or have it. where do the ill get it ??? FiIK.:cheer:

No we are out here but like you I had not found this section before which is odd considering the time that I spend on this great site. You are correct about the MMJ situation in Floriduh as far as I know. The politicians are still working on the law for the high CBD Charolet's Web for seizures and a couple of politicians have a bill in the Legislature regarding MMJ in for the rest of us. It is a restrictive bill that would not allow us to produce our own medicine but would force us to purchase it even though it would not require insurance companies to cover it.
There is one adult MMJ patient that is allowed to use MMJ in this damp and depressing State. He has a form of Anorexia. You can find info. about his case on this web site, I believe it is in the MMH news area.

I didn't think they could actually prescribe cannabis, but I thought they could or they are about to be able to prescribe just CBD.

They are working out the details on who will grow Charlotte's Web but it can only be in a non-smokeable (sp) form. As is all to familiar in FL. the critters in the legislature are doing their best to screw up as much as they can when it comes to something the people want.

Our Florida Government has failed us. Apparently nobody has researched the history of why it was banned in the first place. They just increased the level of THC from .08 to 15. With only 2.5 days left for them to work out the rest of the details before the end of the session. They need to expand who is allowed to use cannabis. I'm disabled with an bad back. Multiple surgeries with no luck. Constant nerve pain down both legs. Because my back is krunked, I get multiple migraines every week. If they push the legislation through as it's worded now, I wouldn't be eligible for cannabis. I don't want to wait for the election in fall of 2016. By the time the bill takes effect it will be July of 2017. Over two years away. My wife and I are talking about moving somewhere I can get the medicine that I need.

I don't blame you as this is my plan too. I will be relocating either back to Colorado or to Oregon, I have yet to decide. I would love to be back in CO. but the cold is less than pleasant on my joints, no pun intended, then again wet weather is not the best either.

I have just decided to say the Hell with it and go for a grow for my own personal medical use regardless of what the legislature does. I wouldn't wish my problems (recovering cancer patient with, I swear about every side effect imaginable) but it would be nice if our Pols had a clue as to what it's like to try to have some remote quality of life when it's all you can do to get out of bed in the morning!

I don't blame you one bit. If for some reason I am unable to relocate I will be doing the same myself regardless of passage of the new amendment in 2016 I will produce my own. If I or we get in trouble so be it, let the State flip for our medical bills.
This State is so corrupt not even perishables will rot.

Good for you all. I've given up on the state of Florida as well. I've spent the past month detoxing from methadone that my doc has given to me for the past 13 years. My nerve pain has been less intense since I've gotten off the opiates. Go figure!!?? After taking methadone for so long it starts to create more pain. I've got doc buds high brix kit cook'n at the moment and will be pop'n seeds as soon as I get done with a trip with the family.

Good for you all. I've given up on the state of Florida as well. I've spent the past month detoxing from methadone that my doc has given to me for the past 13 years. My nerve pain has been less intense since I've gotten off the opiates. Go figure!!?? After taking methadone for so long it starts to create more pain. I've got doc buds high brix kit cook'n at the moment and will be pop'n seeds as soon as I get done with a trip with the family.
I thought that methadone was only used for recovering addicts (heroin), live and learn.

"doc buds high brix kit" ??? I've never heard of this but GL.

Nope. There are so many people out there who get prescribed methadone for pain.
If you don't know about Doc Buds high brix kit then read up. Looks to be the easiest way to grow the best weed. I'll find out soon enough!
In The Lab

Nope. There are so many people out there who get prescribed methadone for pain.
If you don't know about Doc Buds high brix kit then read up. Looks to be the easiest way to grow the best weed. I'll find out soon enough!
In The Lab
I did methadone once, a long time ago. I was a different person and as I remember, I didn't feel anything... for quite a while.

Thanks for the link.

That initiative died early on in the process. There are a couple of citizen initiatives for medicinal cannabis (United for Care is one) and three for legalization (Florida Organization of Reform, Regulate Florida and Floridians for Freedom) that are collecting signatures.
Get involved, stay involved and of course VOTE.

sorry everyone, I been away (good) for a while.. sorry
just read today in 420mag email that the first Florida Dispensary opened recently in Tampa, FL.. CDB, oil only for theses diseases and mostly kids, it is good for them and foot in the door thingy but it'll be many years before growing is gonna be allowed in Fla... I hope Im wrong... but if "T" makes it part of his campaign... anything could happen.

Back
Top Bottom