Hello, I'm new to growing

GrowGirl63

Hello,

I am new to growing cannabis. I am over 50 and within the past couple years I have been learning about the benefits of using cannabis. After 30 + surgeries, 6 of those on my spine and number 7 scheduled for mid Jan 2019, I am learning just how beneficial cannabis is, and, I have been able to stop taking Xanex, Dilaudid, and several other medications for pain and only use cannabis unless my pain is beyond control. I decided to grow my own medicine myself because I wanted to grow organically for health reasons, reduce cost, and reduce cost. I have a thirst for knowledge.

I spent 5 months researching every method of growing and ended up choosing an organic soil method. All of my seeds are feminized unless otherwise noted. I ended up making my own soil , feeding and watering solutions. I have two 4 x 4 Apollo grow tents, each is equipped with a 600 W LED light and a 1200 KINGLED lights. The 600 w lights are for Veg and the 1200 w lights are for flowering. I have 6 plants in a one grow tent getting ready for their first of 2 SCROG nets, four of which are Durban Poison and 2 that I call GYOF (GYO seedbank-free seeds), they didn't tell me what strain it is. I also have 2 Shark Auto and 2 Tangerine Dream Auto, 1 Girl Scout Cookie, 1 Blueberry Cheesecake, 1 Cheese, and 1 Northern Lights in another grow tent.

This is my first grow and I would love to do a grow journal. I have no past experience to judge this grow against. I'm just happy this site exists.
DSC_0839.JPG
DSC_0835.JPG
DSC_0836.JPG
DSC_0838.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0837.JPG
    DSC_0837.JPG
    501.2 KB · Views: 191
Welcome to 420 magazine Growgirl. Looks like you have a nice set up started. If you start a grow journal others can follow along and offer advice or a pat on the back. Find a few active journals and join the conversations. It will help build interest in your own journal. Here’s a link to help get you started here.
Helpful Links For New Members

Update from 17 days ago....

The tent with the 6 Durban Poison's (DP) have completely taken over the entire tent. I'm thinking 4 instead of 6 plants next time. I'm too damn old to be twisty bending into my tents to care for the girls. Anyway, they look to be doing great. Haven't seen a cannabis plant growing before except for the internet so I'm just wingin' it. The DP tent was flipped to 12/12 from 18/6 on 30 Dec 18. I added a scrogg net on 11 Jan 19.

The tent with the misc plants are as follows:

Tallest and leanest flowering plants are 2 - Tangerine Dream Auto Fem
Fullest shortest flowering plants are 2 - Shark Auto
The four babies are one each of the following fem seeds: Blueberry Cheesecake, Girl Scout Cookies, Northern Lights, and Cheese.

That's about all folks..........................

Attachments

• DSC_0860.JPG
    DSC_0860.JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_0861.JPG
    DSC_0861.JPG
    512.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_0862.JPG
    DSC_0862.JPG
    515.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_0863.JPG
    DSC_0863.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0869.JPG
    DSC_0869.JPG
    599.7 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0870.JPG
    DSC_0870.JPG
    602.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0871.JPG
    DSC_0871.JPG
    755.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0872.JPG
    DSC_0872.JPG
    648.6 KB · Views: 204
Hi, just stumbled upon your grow, very nice and welcome.
Do you have any updates?
Take care,

Wick :ciao:

She's probably busy with harvest...

Hope your January surgery went well,GrowGirl63 !

Looks like your off to a great start! You were smart to research for as long as you did, many people just jump into it blind. There is a lot to the hobby, I’m sure you have a great start to knowing what you need to know. I will be sure to follow along. :snowboating:

Hi Everyone,

Here is the final update on this post. I did really well I think. I harvested the first couple of plants too early. The buds shriveled up to little airy nugs. Cute tiny little bud that wasn't worth smoking. My worms are loving that stuff. The next two plants were harvested still too early but some of the buds were decent. Nothing to write about. Pushed the last 2 plants longer and this is my yield. The yield from the final 2 Durban Poison plants was 14.3 oz. Currently in curing stage. I have sampled the product and have determined that it is going to work perfectly.

My chickens produce the eggs that i use the shells from to make my Cal-Mag solution. I found it somewhere on this site as a recipe someone had posted. Works amazing and now it gets worked into my soil. Then my worms eat all the trimmings from the plants so I don't have to worry about where that ends up. The castings from the worms go into my soil. If I ever have too much trim I will throw it in the chicken pen and the evidence is gone in less than an hour.

I am shutting down now and scheduling to start some studies using different techniques later in the year and will be doing my first grow journal at that time. Take care everyone. I will be lurking happily about.

Attachments

• 20190322_164957.jpg
    20190322_164957.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 20190322_165003.jpg
    20190322_165003.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 20190325_214805.jpg
    20190325_214805.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 182
Good luck! Thanks for sharing with us! I look forward to seeing how you do the next time! :peace::love:
Emilya,

I believe it might be your Cal mag recipe. It's perfect with my growing style. Thank you so much.

Emilya,

I believe it might be your Cal mag recipe. It's perfect with my growing style. Thank you so much.
You are very welcome. I am pleased that you have found it and tried it out. It does sound like it fits right in with what you are doing. It looks like we do a lot of similar things actually. Have you found my recipe for a super nutrient made out of dandelions yet? They are amazing plants and you can easily produce a rooting, bloom enhancing and flowering nutrient out of them that just like the calmagphos+, is better than anything you can buy commercially. Enjoy your summer! Pick some dandelions and get ready for your grow in the autumn.

Back
Top Bottom