Hello mentor needed

Gospel Dawg

Hello everyone. Im newer than a newbie. I am looking for a mentor for my first grow.
Barneys Pineapple Chunk Feminised Seeds
Heavyweight Fruit Punch
Strawberry Blue FEMINISED SEED, 2 x Delicious Cotton Candy FEMINISED SEEDS, Hawaiian Skunk Haze
This is what I've ordered a week ago. I have been ready here and in a few other places and am now very confused. My plan is a 4x4 or 5x5 space.7'high space.
6 - 8 plants to start. Wanting best yield and quality possible. As stealth as possible as I live in a state that wants to control my choice of pain management. So the increase in energy use my be a give away. So LED is a option, But not sure with some of the things that I have read if they are better than other light sources. other than just less power used, and where to purchase good LED s without getting ripped off. May also buy a tent but was told not to buy a tent complete kit because it maybe put together with inadequate parts. Im so confused.LOL I would prefer a mentor from the USA. No disrespect to all others. would like your support also. I live in the eastern half of the states. I have not chosen the hydro method or grow medium, but am leaning towards coco. Thanks for your consideration.

First welcome to the forum.

So far the best LED for the $$ i have seen is the mars2 by Topled. They are also site sponsors. Lots of information in their thread as well as pics from their customers. They have 3w diodes in the old style panels. I think the reflector series are 3w but could be 5w diodes. The Mars2 panels are for sure 5w diodes.

I was so impressed I ordered 5 of the 400w mars2 led panels for my 5x5x6.5ft grow. Feel free to stop by my grow journal and check it out.

Spend your money either building a "box" or invest in a well made tent. I got a "cheaper" one and the quality leaves ya lacking. Next time I'll save money up for a better tent.

I'm personally growing using Deep Water Culture....5 gallon buckets with air pumps and water pumps.

If you go 5x5x7 definitely look into a SCROG. As well as using more lights smaller watts like I am since you are growing multiple strains. They will each grow differently so u may need to adjust light for each.

Hope this helps!! If you have more questions please ask.

Definitely look into a scrubber and fan so the stank of the dank doesn't get you caught.

I'm also growing discreetly in a crap state

Hello and welcome to the forums. If you choose to grow organic I would love to mentor you. If not I can still offer advice whichever direction you choose to grow. If you do go led you want 3 watt diodes minimum and 5 watt diodes are preferred depending on the canopy penetration you wish for. Led and cfl will be the most efficient in terms of heat and energy cost. Anyways let me know if you would like my help and I will follow your grow and give you answers to your questions or you can come to my journal and ask questions there as well.

welcome as you can already tell by the other replies, you have joined a great community of helpful folks! Anyhting you need all you have to do is ask on here and chances are someone will know the answer! Best of luck on your grow!

For that amount you will be able to get a very nice setup indeed. If you need a grow tent then that eats into that substantially though. But with that amount the world is your oyster.

No problem bud. I gave you some rep to get you started. I cant wait to see what you do with that 2,000 hope you make it amazing. In the meantime to save you some cash you may want to go around or if you have pets the cat littler that comes in buckets will suffice. Since the pots will cost between 9.00 and 40.00 depending on the size reusing these buckets after you wash them out will save you potentially hundreds of dollars. If you have a drill you can drill holes to let out the trapped water just like normal pots have. I drill holes at the top 4 or 5 on each side this will allow you to tie down so much easier. If you want help deciding on specifics for your grow come on over to my journal and I will help you as well as the people who frequent my journal or you could just send me a private message and I will help you get a very nice setup for your money. Either way im here to help you.

Hi GD and welcome to the forum.

Take advantage of the FAQ section; It's AWESOME!

I'm doing an LED MMJ stealth closet grow myself and this is only my 4th grow. Lots learned and LOTS more to learn. This is very fun and therapeutic. I can help with LED questions. Also starting to get a handle on the Organic grow style. PM me or stop by my journal if you have Q's I can answer, I'll help you the best I can.

JJ

My entire setup cost me 3200

Well im glad a lot of you seem to have ample money. Maybe someday but not this day.

I meant papa 3200 is a lot but I suppose it depends on your space. My space is about 5X6 I got 1090 watts in there now with immediate option for 400 more and theres still would be space. Im thinking of getting rid of the hid and replacing with a larger led in the future but i think hid have spectrum led simply dont.

Gospel Dog.....

Head over to my journal I have my system outlined there

5x5x6.5ft tent
5 topled mars2 400w panels
Carbon scrubber on fan control switch
6-- 5 gallon bucket Deep water culture..Top fed root spray. ..air stones inside of each bucket and separate air pump and stone for main reservoir.

FoxFarm-Liquid-Soil-Formula Chems & foxfarm microbe brew
2 clip fans
1 Oscillating fan
Entire system controlled with timer surge protector 4 timed 4 constant outlets

Don't forget the lil things that add up too. Ppm meter, ph tester, water temp gauge....humidifier.... dehumidifier....ph up/down...zip ties.....

Yeah leds are expensive but they have been coming down in price but they are just like graphics cars. Whenever you wait for the price to come down newer better ones come out and so you play the waiting game some more. I was doing a bit of research into cree diodes. I want more led for sure.

I think the price difference between HID and LED is more than made up with the advantage of less heat and lower electricity bills.

But I agree if you sit around waiting you can do it forever with LED as the tech is just really gaining ground and exposure. Interesting to see where we will be with indoor tech in 5-10 years

Back
Top Bottom