Hello >.> My story

JMo15

Hi, I'm Jessica. I'm 19. I go to the University of Kentucky. I plan on being a psychologist when I get older. For right now, I'm going into nursing just so I have something to fall back on. This might be a little long, so I don't blame you if you skip it all and just say hi :cheesygrinsmiley: But I would enjoy some feedback.

I had a huge issue with marijuana until I met my current boyfriend because of my ex. My ex was the definition of a pothead. We were 16 and he smoked 6-10 times a day, every day. He also started treating me like shit around the time that he started smoking a lot. My parents are divorced and until I graduated high school I would always go and stay with my mom for the summer, which included a summer while I was dating him. I usually live in Kentucky, and my mom was living in Kansas at the time, so seeing each other during the summer was impossible. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you all of this is because I made him make the dreaded choice of any smoker: ME or the POT. Looking back, I know that giving ultimatums is stupid and never work, but for some reason I thought that if he quit smoking pot he would want to spend more time with me and treat me better.

Like a good boyfriend, he told me that he chose me and was quitting smoking. In reality, he didn't. He continued to smoke all summer. When I hadn't heard from him in 3 days when we usually talked on the phone for hours at night, I was worried to death. I called his mom and she told me that he had been spending the night at his best friend's house for the last few days. I called his best friend's cell phone and FINALLY got ahold of him. I think you can guess how that convo went. I asked him what was going on and he lied.

I found out later from one of his actually really good friends that he was lying to me. It was about the end of the summer and I was devastated. We broke up really soon after I got back and I was pretty heartbroken because in my mind he had chosen a drug over me.

I met my current boyfriend at the start of my senior year and was freaked out when I found out he smoked pot. I thought, "Oh no, not again...I'm going to get my heart broken if I stay with him." So I gave him the same ultimatum and he agreed to stop. About a month later, we just happened to get on the subject of drugs and he asked me why it bothered me so much that he smoked. Talking it out, I realized that it wasn't the fact that he smoked weed that bothered me, it was the fact that I was scared he would treat me bad and ignore me when he was high like my ex. He told me he would prove me wrong if I'd just let him and I agreed. Weed is definitely not hurting his ability to be a good boyfriend.

Anyway, that's my experience with pot. I didn't start smoking until I was 18, at my senior prom. So I've only had about a year of smoking, but I sure feel like I've more than made up for it. Now that I smoke, I can't understand why it's illegal. It doesn't make you crazy and it definitely doesn't make you violent. If anything, it makes you lazy and hungry. And I'm not even verifying that because I've worked my ass off high before - I just was smiling a little too big at the customers.

I look forward to talking to you all more and my boyfriend might be joining soon (if just to read!) because he wants to learn how to grow and this site looks like it has a good resource for growing.

Welcome!

My ex was just like that.. with her ex, and then with me.

But she never gave me that chance to prove myself to her.

This site.. is great.

Just by reading grow journals your boyfriend will learn to grow like a champ.

Stick around! you'll like .. almost everyone here! :p

edit; forgot to say,

sounds like an amazing career choice! i love taking psychology and sociology and ab. psych in high school

Welcome!

My ex was just like that.. with her ex, and then with me.

But she never gave me that chance to prove myself to her.

This site.. is great.

Just by reading grow journals your boyfriend will learn to grow like a champ.

Stick around! you'll like .. almost everyone here! :p

edit; forgot to say,

sounds like an amazing career choice! i love taking psychology and sociology and ab. psych in high school

I can't blame her. Once you have a bad experience with an ex and you think that it was because of one thing, it's really hard to date someone that has that "thing" in common with them.

I'm excited about him being able to grow his own stuff! KY, believe it or not, has some shitty pot sometimes. I've heard that people call our good stuff mid grade, which is really bad. I've looked over the grow stuff and it's a bit over my head, but I'm sure he'll get it.

And yes, I love the human mind. And crazy people. I got to intern at the state hospital here for mentally unstable and it was great. Schizophrenics have possibly the most creative mind ever. I wish there was better treatment for them because we would have so many cool movies and music out there. I heard a schizophrenic guy play & sing "Night Moves" by Bob Seger and he was just as good. I was amazed.

Oh, and I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I talk a lot and in turn I end up posting a lot on forums. Someone just tell me if I'm getting annoying.

I like listening.

Yeah, state hospitals are fun.. so is urban exploration.. exploring old buildings.. old hospitals are creepy!

and yeah, i didn't blame her at all.

yeah when i first started looking i was really overwhelmed, but if you look, it's quite simple, just soil or water, make sure it's not got too much of one chemical, then you control the plant's life cycle with how long you leave light on it,

it's pretty cool actually.

fun to take care of something.

Salutations and welcome to the site.
I had the exact same predicament with one of my ex's, though I was the cannabis using one and it ended similiarly to yours. Though in retrospect it was physically based so it wouldn't have lasted much longer anyways.

Regardless, you seem like an intellectual and interesting person and I look forward to hearing more about your endeavours.

Cheers.

hello! glad you have made it here with us:smokin: i found your intro to be very informative about you. you have come along way in that you now know people make there choices about how they want to smoke. some of us can be lazy, some of us can be very productive when smoking. some can't help it, the smoke makes you become one with the couch! but i am glad you can enjoy smoking with your new boyfriend together.
great to have in the community:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks everyone for being so kind :)

^ why aren't you smiling in your avatar?

I am, but it's a close mouth smile, lol. I don't smile much in pictures anyway though *shrug*

I just look prettier when I'm serious, imo.

oh noes >.< a psychologist in the house,
running away like i lil mouse.....
but nursing is good,
cuz we dont always feel like we should.
skip your story?
where would be the glory,
of sayin hi to you?
youll make lots of friends here, mine grew and grew.
very interesting i must say,
glad you were able to make your mind up that day;~)
smokeing pot,
not forgot,
brings lots of smiles agreed
good luck with your seeds...

LOL I like my poem, thank you.

Let's just not make any declarations of love please.

Back
Top Bottom