Hello! :) Need some advice on growing my first girls

voodoo2plus1

HOPE I POSTED THIS IN THE RIGHT PLACE...

Hey everyone...just joined but have been reading the threads for awhile now. Just started my 1st grow 3 days ago. Bought 2 clones. 1 Skywalkerog plant which is gorgeous...already has a beautiful leaf HUGE..growing more underneath. And a Platinum OG plant...shes small and kind of an underdog. Couldn't let her go first time I picked her up.

SO...my setup right now is in a shed ive got both plants already transplanted into separate pots. Skywalker is in a pretty big pot and the Platinum is in a baby plant.

Just wondering....I think these plants are already in week 3 or 4....i have them under a 225 LED Plant Grow Light Panel Red Blue Hydroponic Lamp which says its similar to the output of a 250 w HPS system wanted to figure out what I should do with them next.
I've had them under the lights since I got them 24 hours a day. Every morning I'll take them out of the shed and put them in some good ol sunlight...idk if thats bad but i figured they wanted to see the sun! :)
I have a fan setup in the shed for circulation as well the plants are getting a current which I think I read gives the leaves strength?... AH! So much info
I fed them some Miracle Grow Plant Food (yes i know a no-no) but its the only food I can afford until I get paid next week.
LAST THING (I KNOW ITS ALOT)
It's December 14th....its winter I live in Cali so it doesnt get TOO cold...but its around 60's....

it doesnt get TOO cold in the shed but I know it could be warmer...anything I can do to increase humidity in there for cheap?

Any tips or suggestions on how to get these plants to there best?:thanks:

P.S. I have pictures to post I just dont know where to post them :O

HOPE I POSTED THIS IN THE RIGHT PLACE...

Hey everyone...just joined but have been reading the threads for awhile now. Just started my 1st grow 3 days ago. Bought 2 clones. 1 Skywalkerog plant which is gorgeous...already has a beautiful leaf HUGE..growing more underneath. And a Platinum OG plant...shes small and kind of an underdog. Couldn't let her go first time I picked her up.

If you started with clones, just be hyper-vigilant for signs of spider mites...as I understand it, most clones come with 'em, just be ready in case.

SO...my setup right now is in a shed ive got both plants already transplanted into separate pots. Skywalker is in a pretty big pot and the Platinum is in a baby plant.

Just wondering....I think these plants are already in week 3 or 4....i have them under a 225 LED Plant Grow Light Panel Red Blue Hydroponic Lamp which says its similar to the output of a 250 w HPS system wanted to figure out what I should do with them next.
I've had them under the lights since I got them 24 hours a day. Every morning I'll take them out of the shed and put them in some good ol sunlight...idk if thats bad but i figured they wanted to see the sun! :)

One thing I've learned since I've been growing mmj is that our plants seem to respond well to consistency. I'm not saying what you did was bad, just that I try to keep my girls in as stable an environment as possible and that's what works for me.

I would also drop the light back to 18/6... there's no real evidence I've found that there is any real increase growth rate when using 24 hours of light...and certainly not enough to offset the extra electricity.

Many would also argue that 6 hours of darkness will allow a stronger root system to develop.

I have a fan setup in the shed for circulation as well the plants are getting a current which I think I read gives the leaves strength?... AH! So much info

Yup, an oscillating fan is a grow room requirement... It will strengthen the stems and keeps fresh air around the plant. Vigorously growing plants will rapidly use up the CO2 around the leaves and won't be able to properly photosynthesize unless they have fresh air circulating around them. Just be sure not to have it too high or trained on one part of a plant or wind burn is a possibility.

I fed them some Miracle Grow Plant Food (yes i know a no-no) but its the only food I can afford until I get paid next week.
LAST THING (I KNOW ITS ALOT)
It's December 14th....its winter I live in Cali so it doesnt get TOO cold...but its around 60's....

it doesnt get TOO cold in the shed but I know it could be warmer...anything I can do to increase humidity in there for cheap?

Any tips or suggestions on how to get these plants to there best?:thanks:

P.S. I have pictures to post I just dont know where to post them :O

Colder air holds less moisture to start with... I personality wouldn't worry about trying to increase humidity, most people have to try and reduce it. Remember, indicas come from a cool, arid environment... Think "mountains of Afghanistan". From what I've read that environment causes the plant to produce even more resin to help the leaves from dehydrating. You might yield a little less but have more potency.

Just my observations, others may disagree...

But it looks like you are off to a good start. :thumb: Keep reading everything you can get your hands on, the learning NEVER stops!

:Namaste:

I just joined also and in the same boat. NOt even sure I posted it right. It is in my blog. I am a Medical Marijuana user and gonna start mine first grow in the spring but would like to buy a good book for idiots...

I just joined also and in the same boat. NOt even sure I posted it right. It is in my blog. I am a Medical Marijuana user and gonna start mine first grow in the spring but would like to buy a good book for idiots...

I haven't used the blog yet, but it's my understanding you can basically put whatever you want in there... Don't be afraid to ask the mods for help, they are all super great folks and are always more than willing to get you squared away when you are not sure where to post something, etc.

I have four grow bibles...

1. Growing Elite Marijuana by Ryan Riley (this is an ebook from a site sponsor available here: How To Grow Weed).
2. Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes.
3. Marijuana Grower's Handbook: Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation by Ed Rosenthal.
4. The Cannabis Grow Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing Marijuana for Recreational and Medical Use by Greg Green.

I would recommend any one of them, and in fact over time, think it's worth it to read all of them. But I have to say the ebook is quite compressive, and includes several other ebooks as a package that focus on things like recognizing problems with your plants, grow security, a stoner's cookbook, a strain guide, and more. I really like the package a lot. Hope that helps!

:Namaste:

Hey Voodoo... I just had to pop in a reply to your post - a friend of mine was 'praising' the 'Platinum OG' as being the best he'd smoked for a loooong time, so I thought I'd let you know that... should be primo stuff, take good care of her!

Air movement will indeed 'strengthen' your plants' stems - as the constant swaying motion builds up the resistance and makes for thicker, stiffer stalks..

Moving your plants in and out of that shed may be simple now, but once they've really taken off it'll become quite a chore I'd say.. I would recommend giving them more of a 'routine' and try to get them used to their light in the shed if that's where they'll ultimately be going from veg to flower. Giving them at least 6 hours of darkness will also help them 'recharge' a bit and give them a rest from the light, and the processes the light puts them through, so I'd probably try to get them on a schedule that has some darkness at least a week or two before you induce 12/12...

As you'd mentioned, be careful with the MG nutes - some strains will not like it, a few won't mind..but there's a lot of strains out there that will indeed let you know immediately if they disagree with it..lol.

That's my 2 cents..let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!

Moving your plants in and out of that shed may be simple now, but once they've really taken off it'll become quite a chore I'd say.. I would recommend giving them more of a 'routine' and try to get them used to their light in the shed if that's where they'll ultimately be going from veg to flower. Giving them at least 6 hours of darkness will also help them 'recharge' a bit and give them a rest from the light, and the processes the light puts them through, so I'd probably try to get them on a schedule that has some darkness at least a week or two before you induce 12/12...

Thanks for all the help everyone I really appreciate it. In regards to what you said I have a timer and I can't for the life of me understand how it works. It has instructions but its just one of those things that you can't seem to understand :lot-o-toke:

It has the timer thing but it has little black sections you hit and for 15 minutes the lights on....idk lol

OH! and how do i identify the mites? Are they little black things inside the top of the leaf? :scratchinghead::oops:

I'm a new member also and ive been following these threads or post for awile got alot of my info right here these guys are great help. i have some sensi star and a mystery seeds i planted from start they suppose to be OG kush i dont know but the smoke was real good so i germenated them. had 7 seeds and got 7 females i was really surprized no males.
heres something strange the post said if you have no nutes at all use piss your piss. i was skeptical big time but it takes me back to when i was a kid i planted my first pot plant it didnt grow at all (from seed just planted it in dirt no germination at all. IT GREW. I would not recomend it but it said if you can handle the smell.
anyways nice to chat with you i will post some pics peace

Urine has an N-P-K of approximately 11-1-2 to 15-1-2... You'd have to watch out for buildup of excess nitrogen and inorganic salts... But even then I wouldn't recommend using it for mmj.

Thanks for all the help everyone I really appreciate it. In regards to what you said I have a timer and I can't for the life of me understand how it works. It has instructions but its just one of those things that you can't seem to understand :lot-o-toke:

It has the timer thing but it has little black sections you hit and for 15 minutes the lights on....idk lol

Yeah I went through that initially too... the best thing you can do to learn how it works is to plug something (anything) into it and set the timer to test how it works. Normally with those ones, you have to turn the dial and watch the center part to set it to the current time (or as close as you can get by looking at the notches in it), and then click down all the small tick-tabs (usually there's one for each 15 min) for the period you want the light to come 'ON'. Then once it's plugged in, it will keep time according to what you set it at, and trigger the 'ON' when the dial reaches those down-clicked tabs... does that help? =)

I know it aint kosher but you can take a whizz in your res if you really wanted to... Say you have a 5 gallon res, you run out of nitrogen fertilizer, you have a ph meter... I say do it... Just remember that your ppm might be way to high if you have a dark yellow dehydrated whizz. So, go in the house, drink a big glass of water and experiment.

The hydro ferts are urea in the ingredients so I say if you know wtf you are doing already, no reason you couldn't drain your main vein and save money...

But I like the fact the ppm is calculated and by peeing in the tank you are esentielly working a ppm range depending on your diet...lol.

Back
Top Bottom