Hello - New member here

MissMia

Hello. I'm a new member. I am a retired teacher, and am currently starting to grow Cannibis for the first time. I have always grown herbs for cooking, and for medicinal, so I do believe this can't be any different. I plan on growing Cannibis for personal use, for relaxation, and for myself, I hope it might help with anxiety( for both my husband and myself). Our preferredCannabis effect' is relaxing, and pleasant ( similar to what we remember from our university days; nothing too overpowing. The last time we used Cannabis was on a trip to Copenhagen. Being a teacher, I couldn't use it during my career.(Now that I am retired, and have moved to a new city, I plan to do whatever I want. Sometimes your profession dictates a lot about who you get to be, unfortunately.)
I have started 3 seeds of 'Spiritual Punk' feminized, Samsara seeds. All three have just germinated. I have prepared a raised growing bed outside in my garden in a spot that gets the most sun all day, but is still secluded. Until, July, 2018, I guess it will still be illegal here in Canada to grow Cannabis. After that date, adults will be permitted to grow 4 plants per household.
I hope to get advice on growing and preparing the herb from those who have some experience.
Mia

Welcome Mia, this is a great place to get any question you have answered! It's usually quicker and more in depth then the Internet. Do you plan to make a grow journal?

Hi KEEMOE.
Thank you for the welcome.
I have always kept a gardening journal, so growing Cannabis will become part of the entries in that.
I've already started researching, of course, but sometimes the advice on the internet is conflicting. I'm actually really looking forward to growing this herb. I think the health, and relaxation benefits make it a great choice for a medicinal herb garden. Too bad about all the nonsense all these years that demonized such an important herb. Happily, that's changing.
Are you new to growing this?

Hi MissMia, and a big 420 welcome to you and your hubby:thumb:
Growing my own med's came at a terrific time for mee too..... right after retirement. It has become a big part of my life and everyday I am thankful that I discovered it (or it rediscovered me.) Lots of fun, I went all the way back to late 60's and early 70's and have Acapulco Gold growing..... a real blast from the past.
See ya around.

Hi Curly Beaver. Thank you.
Acapulco Gold. I wrote that down. There seems to be so many strains around these days, I hope to find some that are reminiscent of the 60s/70s. I'll look that one up.

Hello. I'm a new member. I am a retired teacher, and am currently starting to grow Cannibis for the first time. I have always grown herbs for cooking, and for medicinal, so I do believe this can't be any different. I plan on growing Cannibis for personal use, for relaxation, and for myself, I hope it might help with anxiety( for both my husband and myself). Our preferredCannabis effect' is relaxing, and pleasant ( similar to what we remember from our university days; nothing too overpowing. The last time we used Cannabis was on a trip to Copenhagen. Being a teacher, I couldn't use it during my career.(Now that I am retired, and have moved to a new city, I plan to do whatever I want. Sometimes your profession dictates a lot about who you get to be, unfortunately.)
I have started 3 seeds of 'Spiritual Punk' feminized, Samsara seeds. All three have just germinated. I have prepared a raised growing bed outside in my garden in a spot that gets the most sun all day, but is still secluded. Until, July, 2018, I guess it will still be illegal here in Canada to grow Cannabis. After that date, adults will be permitted to grow 4 plants per household.
I hope to get advice on growing and preparing the herb from those who have some experience.
Mia
Welcome to 420 magazine. Not to worry you are in great hands here. Some of the best growers on earth are here. Not to worry about your old profession. We sometimes have to abstain from things we enjoy to survive. I will warn you that the cannabis culture has changed in many ways as opposed to when you last used it. There is some really high thc/cbd strains. Genetics have changed so much. Basically all I'm trying to say is cannabis has gotten way more powerful over the years. Please don't be shy to check the tutorials we have here to get the most out of what you want. Once again Welcome to 420 magazine

Hi KEEMOE.
Thank you for the welcome.
I have always kept a gardening journal, so growing Cannabis will become part of the entries in that.
I've already started researching, of course, but sometimes the advice on the internet is conflicting. I'm actually really looking forward to growing this herb. I think the health, and relaxation benefits make it a great choice for a medicinal herb garden. Too bad about all the nonsense all these years that demonized such an important herb. Happily, that's changing.
Are you new to growing this?
Yes I am and have had lots of nice folks walk me through thing it's really a great experience

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!
Demonic Angel; hopefully some of you here can steer me toward the more mellow strains. I prefer not to have my socks knocked off. :)

Hi KEEMOE.
I have them already up and going. I will transplant outside as soon as they are a reasonable size ( After I harden them off; which I will do very early on. ). My raised bed area is hidden from view. I wouldn't want all the trouble of trying to grow them inside. Besides, I always feel plants do better with natural sun, rain, and breezes. Next year, I'll start them inside, and they will be illegal until July, 2018; haha. They should have set the legalization date in time for people to start their seedlings ( looks like the law makers don't garden). :)

I'm concerned to find strains that are mild and relaxing though. I have 'spiritual punk' to start with. It's an 'Indica', but has a THC of 18 percent. I've been reading, and am a bit concerned about how high that the level is. But, the description of this strain in the catalog says a very relaxing anti stress effect. Is there a way to use the herb that will create a milder effect ( like a tea? ). Any advice would be appreciated. I want to find something that is really relaxing, calming, and pleasant.

I have found vaping gives me a more mellow buzz, not nearly as strong and much more enjoyable if I still want to be able to get anything accomplished. Then again, I'm a real light weight and get knocked off my feet pretty easily :lot-o-toke:
I'm concerned to find strains that are mild and relaxing though. I have 'spiritual punk' to start with. It's an 'Indica', but has a THC of 18 percent. I've been reading, and am a bit concerned about how high that the level is. But, the description of this strain in the catalog says a very relaxing anti stress effect. Is there a way to use the herb that will create a milder effect ( like a tea? ). Any advice would be appreciated. I want to find something that is really relaxing, calming, and pleasant.

Hi KEEMOE.
I have them already up and going. I will transplant outside as soon as they are a reasonable size ( After I harden them off; which I will do very early on. ). My raised bed area is hidden from view. I wouldn't want all the trouble of trying to grow them inside. Besides, I always feel plants do better with natural sun, rain, and breezes. Next year, I'll start them inside, and they will be illegal until July, 2018; haha. They should have set the legalization date in time for people to start their seedlings ( looks like the law makers don't garden). :)

Good to hear, I think they did it on purpose lol, im in nevada and it was legal beginning of the year but the catch is Noone can get seeds,clones,flower. Unless your a medical patient. Because everyone is having trouble opening rec. Shop. How old are ate your babies? I'd love to see pictures:)

Good to hear, I think they did it on purpose lol, im in nevada and it was legal beginning of the year but the catch is Noone can get seeds,clones,flower. Unless your a medical patient. Because everyone is having trouble opening rec. Shop. How old are ate your babies? I'd love to see pictures:)

Hi KEEMOE.
My 'babies' are still babies: only just starting to show their second true leaves. They seem ok so far. The weather is nice right now, so even at this early stage I'm starting to put them outside in a sheltered spot during they day. I think all plants do better if you can get them outside. I take them in if it's too windy, or if it gets too cool, and at night of course. Our frost free date here is May 10th, so my plan is to get them out then permanently. I'm just going to do what I normally do when starting transplants for herbs and vegetables. This will be my learning year.

I bought my seeds from a store in a nearby city. Here in Ontario, Canada, it seems pretty easy to get ahold of seeds. There seems to be quite a few 'stores', and 'lounges', just going by my casual, and not too strenuous observations. I read the new legislation for Canada's legalization of weed, and it seems pretty reasonable to me. 4 plants per household for recreational or medical use; inside, or outside. And adults access only, just like you would liquor. I'm not sure if they plan on selling it in liquor stores or not, but it's looking likely; and of course, more specialized options for medical use.

Maybe I will try and put up some pictures, once the plants have a bit more to show off.

Laws here are still in a state of flux..We are not supposed to have plants in "plain view"..In other words, If a person were to climb over my 6 ft fence and see something...screw him!:)
I got a few REGULAR freebie seeds that will go outside since they could be males..If so, I will let them go and grab some pollen for another day!
Here is one of my favorite GIFs..LOL

FARMER.gif

That's a good one buzzer lol. I hope to breed this year and get a good amount of verious seeds to start. Mia that sounds good I'll be looking forward to those pictures:) do you plan to put in large pots outside or plant directly into the ground?

Laws here are still in a state of flux..We are not supposed to have plants in "plain view"..In other words, If a person were to climb over my 6 ft fence and see something...screw him!:)
I got a few REGULAR freebie seeds that will go outside since they could be males..If so, I will let them go and grab some pollen for another day!
Here is one of my favorite GIFs..LOL

FARMER.gif

Buzzer 777; that GIF is very amusing! :)

KEEMOE: I have prepared a raised bed, and will plant directly in the soil.
Here's hoping it all goes well! I think the most difficult part for me will not be the growing, but properly drying and curing!

Back
Top Bottom