Hello: New to growing and doing a DWC, having issues, anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks for the response. We use a blue lab ph pen. I calibrate it often. Not sure about the ppm pen. Its blue. Haha. My son mixes the nutes. I'll check the order. And we use hydro guard. It's starting to move up the plants. Seemed like it had stopped for a minute. This morning was worse on 3 of the 5 plants. I'm baffled. Everything seems as it should be. I dont get it. Could too much call mag do it? Using about 3-4 ml/gal. This is all new to. Trying to learn as fast as I can to save these plants.
Good. glad to hear you have something to measure with. So an errant meter isnt a factor. Take a good look at the chart Hippie gave you. If you see anything that may apply see if you can solve the problem with a little research. It may be a bit too early to see drops in water level, but maybe not. I dont use this sheet because my rig reciculates. But it's good stuff.

It's hard to over do it with calcium products. Unless you were adding it thinking 5ml is 5tsp that's probably not it.

This is pot farming I'm afraid. And the learning curve on hydro is a bitch when you're having problems. There is a happy ending though. When you have everything sorted you can grow plants that usually cant be done any other way. Big, productive plants.

To be clear. You have all your plants in buckets with just nutrient water and an airstone, right? They arent really connected to each other?

Good. glad to hear you have something to measure with. So an errant meter isnt a factor. Take a good look at the chart Hippie gave you. If you see anything that may apply see if you can solve the problem with a little research. It may be a bit too early to see drops in water level, but maybe not. I dont use this sheet because my rig reciculates. But it's good stuff.

It's hard to over do it with calcium products. Unless you were adding it thinking 5ml is 5tsp that's probably not it.

This is pot farming I'm afraid. And the learning curve on hydro is a bitch when you're having problems. There is a happy ending though. When you have everything sorted you can grow plants that usually cant be done any other way. Big, productive plants.

To be clear. You have all your plants in buckets with just nutrient water and an airstone, right? They arent really connected to each other?
Correct. They are all separate. 1 plant is almost perfect. The others are suffering. 4 are the same strain. Crem de la chem. Autos. 1 is a blue dream photo. All suffer except 1 cdlc. The lighting is 24/0. I was thinking about going down on lighting but lighting doesnt seem to be the issue. The leaves that are affected are super dry. So I dunno.

Correct. They are all separate. 1 plant is almost perfect. The others are suffering. 4 are the same strain. Crem de la chem. Autos. 1 is a blue dream photo. All suffer except 1 cdlc. The lighting is 24/0. I was thinking about going down on lighting but lighting doesnt seem to be the issue. The leaves that are affected are super dry. So I dunno.
How are the roots looking compared to the perfect one ?

Are they all the same distance from the light? I dont think it's a light thing. How are your roots? Is your old water ever cloudy? Any funky smells? If it smells like a dead rat, you either have leper roots or a dead rat. If my ph spikes I start to worry about funky roots. If they are darker touch them to see if they are slimy.

Maybe a Ph perfect fertiliser would work better for you. I've never used one.

Are they all the same distance from the light? I dont think it's a light thing. How are your roots? Is your old water ever cloudy? Any funky smells? If it smells like a dead rat, you either have leper roots or a dead rat. If my ph spikes I start to worry about funky roots. If they are darker touch them to see if they are slimy.

Maybe a Ph perfect fertiliser would work better for you. I've never used one.
Yeah same distance.

How are the roots looking compared to the perfect one ?
All the roots look good. All white. I'll post a pic. The first is the one that's suffering. All the roots look the same

Attachments

• 15860260312891547231073758866670.jpg
    15860260312891547231073758866670.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1586026070268655093216355998803.jpg
    1586026070268655093216355998803.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 38
Each pot separately.
To make sure each pot has exactly the same amount of nutrient try this...
Mix a mother batch in a large container. Like this 5 gallon jug.
I understand it may be too small for all your nutrient water at one time, so what I would do is figure out the nutrients each pot needs, Fill the jug with water and add all the nutes, mix well. Then add the nutes equally to the pots THEN, I would add RO water to fill the pot.

The reason for this is to check off any discrepancies in nutrient strength. With recirculating systems you dont need to do this. All the nutes are shared...

To make sure each pot has exactly the same amount of nutrient try this...
Mix a mother batch in a large container. Like this 5 gallon jug.
I understand it may be too small for all your nutrient water at one time, so what I would do is figure out the nutrients each pot needs, Fill the jug with water and add all the nutes, mix well. Then add the nutes equally to the pots THEN, I would add RO water to fill the pot.

The reason for this is to check off any discrepancies in nutrient strength. With recirculating systems you dont need to do this. All the nutes are shared...
Should I mix the nutes in ro water? Weve been using ro for everything.

This one is suffering too. Are the roots too brown?
I'm with Hippie. Those look great. Do they smell bad at all. I would be surprised if they did
Should I mix the nutes in ro water? Weve been using ro for everything.
Definitely. You want to keep your nutrient "score" as low as possible. Bringing your water down to a number under 10 TDS will help that. Then you turn around and load the sh!t out of it with nutrients!

I'm with Hippie. Those look great. Do they smell bad at all. I would be surprised if they did

Definitely. You want to keep your nutrient "score" as low as possible. Bringing your water down to a number under 10 TDS will help that. Then you turn around and load the sh!t out of it with nutrients!
What is tds??

Back
Top Bottom