Hello: New to growing and doing a DWC, having issues, anyone know what's going on here?

It holds better after a couple days of adjusting. I think it's the bubbles changing ph
Your right it does change it , as you already know a fresh bucket of nutrients will bring the ph down and the bubbles make it rise mine to 6.1-6.3 so I adjust to 5.6-5.8 . Beats adjusting while the plant is in there for 3 or 4 days.

Nice to see West is fixing what I missed. Thanks West Hippi! That makes better sense.
This is my third dwc grow and this has been the best luckily grow so far . Just too much work with dwc , Flood&drain my favorite still.

I use different nutes but my ph always goes up overnight, so I just ph it back down in the morning. Seems to work pretty well

Why yes I do, I take note on this online journal, and the old school notebook.
My standard checklist is water level, as I marked out 2 and 3 gallon marks on the outside of buckets. Then take note of EC and PH. I then determine if I need to add more water or not and then ph down solution when done. Typically do complete res changes every week. But with these lil plants maybe once every two weeks. But every week if there is growth in water.
I use mega crop now, and the ec is about 1200 right now. Usually ph at 5.9 or 5.8
my larger plants from this recent harvest we’re drinking about a quart a day :)

Why yes I do, I take note on this online journal, and the old school notebook.
My standard checklist is water level, as I marked out 2 and 3 gallon marks on the outside of buckets. Then take note of EC and PH. I then determine if I need to add more water or not and then ph down solution when done. Typically do complete res changes every week. But with these lil plants maybe once every two weeks. But every week if there is growth in water.
I use mega crop now, and the ec is about 1200 right now. Usually ph at 5.9 or 5.8
my larger plants from this recent harvest we’re drinking about a quart a day :)
Do you use the hydro bible? Could give you an idea of what’s happening. Your MC is at 6 grams a gallon?

I didn’t feel comfortable going higher then 1.4 EC in flower. As nutrient intake was acting strange, water being taken up but ec slightly dropping staying the same. Possible burns. But I found that 1050-1200 ec was my comfortable zone for res changes. What’s this bible you speak of

Yes I remember seeing it someplace here a while back. It’s what I used to decide to lower my EC. Pretty handy
I like passing it around for hydro folk and ones that want to convert to hydro.

It sits in jugs. Should I leave the caps off?
Ph is probably not holding still because of the size of the system. If you add a reservoir, or link some more buckets your wild shifts in Ph wouldnt be so wild. Your target should be around 5.8 to 6.4 ish. I personally dont think a Ph under 7 would affect your plant so severely... not if you fixed it within a few days. Just my opinion. An unstable Ph will make life hard on a plant for sure. Hippie knows what's up, I'm not trying to step on toes.

I noticed you're using Gen Hydro nutes. The Micro, Grow, and Bloom? Try just adding the Micro, and the Bloom on the next nute change. This will promote your roots, it can also help with a Potassium deficiency, of which there is a remote chance it caused your issues. But I think I agree with Otter. To further crank out roots use Gen Hydro Rapidstart... this stuff is the goods. Dont leave out the Nitrogen for more that one nute change. Dont go too nutty with RS if your in a tiny bucket. This may be an additive for a future grow...

When you mix your nutes you should get in the practice of adding your nutes in a certain order. If you dont, the nutes will battle and piss each other off decreasing the effectiveness and life of the nutes. Add the Micro first, then Calcium, then the rest. If you get into Silica (look it up. It's the single most underrated additive out there) it Silica should go first. If you DO use Silica, I'd stay away from Armor Si. The Ph is madness on that one.

Are you using anything to keep your roots healthy? Hydroguard or Z7?

How are you checking your water? What kind of meter, is it calibrated?

For me, I would treat for Magnessium. I would work on the roots, but if your Ph wont stay put you have a problem that's screws you forever. Plants dont like big changes in this regard.

If you can, try to make your system a little bigger. I have a 50 gallon rig that I can grow from 1 to 14, i usually only grow 2. I just started a strain called Wembley. You can imagine that it would take a lot to shift 50 gallons one way or the other... but it happens. If you add a res. It makes taking measurements, changing nutes, almost everything easier.

I wanted to share one last thing...

First, examples of a Rapidstart fed plants.

My rig

I hope all goes well.

Ph is probably not holding still because of the size of the system. If you add a reservoir, or link some more buckets your wild shifts in Ph wouldnt be so wild. Your target should be around 5.8 to 6.4 ish. I personally dont think a Ph under 7 would affect your plant so severely... not if you fixed it within a few days. Just my opinion. An unstable Ph will make life hard on a plant for sure. Hippie knows what's up, I'm not trying to step on toes.

I noticed you're using Gen Hydro nutes. The Micro, Grow, and Bloom? Try just adding the Micro, and the Bloom on the next nute change. This will promote your roots, it can also help with a Potassium deficiency, of which there is a remote chance it caused your issues. But I think I agree with Otter. To further crank out roots use Gen Hydro Rapidstart... this stuff is the goods. Dont leave out the Nitrogen for more that one nute change. Dont go too nutty with RS if your in a tiny bucket. This may be an additive for a future grow...

When you mix your nutes you should get in the practice of adding your nutes in a certain order. If you dont, the nutes will battle and piss each other off decreasing the effectiveness and life of the nutes. Add the Micro first, then Calcium, then the rest. If you get into Silica (look it up. It's the single most underrated additive out there) it Silica should go first. If you DO use Silica, I'd stay away from Armor Si. The Ph is madness on that one.

Are you using anything to keep your roots healthy? Hydroguard or Z7?

How are you checking your water? What kind of meter, is it calibrated?

For me, I would treat for Magnessium. I would work on the roots, but if your Ph wont stay put you have a problem that's screws you forever. Plants dont like big changes in this regard.

If you can, try to make your system a little bigger. I have a 50 gallon rig that I can grow from 1 to 14, i usually only grow 2. I just started a strain called Wembley. You can imagine that it would take a lot to shift 50 gallons one way or the other... but it happens. If you add a res. It makes taking measurements, changing nutes, almost everything easier.

I wanted to share one last thing...

First, examples of a Rapidstart fed plants.

My rig

I hope all goes well.
Thanks for the response. We use a blue lab ph pen. I calibrate it often. Not sure about the ppm pen. Its blue. Haha. My son mixes the nutes. I'll check the order. And we use hydro guard. It's starting to move up the plants. Seemed like it had stopped for a minute. This morning was worse on 3 of the 5 plants. I'm baffled. Everything seems as it should be. I dont get it. Could too much call mag do it? Using about 3-4 ml/gal. This is all new to. Trying to learn as fast as I can to save these plants.

Thanks for the response. We use a blue lab ph pen. I calibrate it often. Not sure about the ppm pen. Its blue. Haha. My son mixes the nutes. I'll check the order. And we use hydro guard. It's starting to move up the plants. Seemed like it had stopped for a minute. This morning was worse on 3 of the 5 plants. I'm baffled. Everything seems as it should be. I dont get it. Could too much call mag do it? Using about 3-4 ml/gal. This is all new to. Trying to learn as fast as I can to save these plants.
Heres the issue I'm having. Still

Attachments

• 1586023352940534845852128113131.jpg
    1586023352940534845852128113131.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 15860233783276679288680277582560.jpg
    15860233783276679288680277582560.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom