Hello once again - Expert growers - Need questions answered

meroknight

1. does tinted CFL bulbs make a difference? (yellow or red)

2. Does autoflowerers need total reflection(controlled environment) to produce buds? or I can just leave it on top of my bathroom sink with at least 80true watts worth of CFL? (3x 27watts CFL) im well aware light schedules arent important, for autofloweres it will be 20/4 for me all the way

3. I have read about the color spectrums, is this a must for photoperiod plants? because i read that it is possible to grow with just 1 colored bulb? (many bulbs of the same color, white or yellow),I have both, i just need detailed answers if it is really possible, i have not grown anything before.

4. Less wattage = less yields, understandable, but can it take the plant all the way to harvest? (quantity not interested, limited space, but quality is a must as long as the tricholmes produces the way it should)

5.I am buying seeds online in 2 days, I am growing with coco bricks mixed with perlite, FloraTrio nutrients, Calmag and Bud candy. are these nutrients enough to bring out the best of the seeds?

6. does keeping seeds in small containers keep the plant small, but will still get to harvest without root issues?(1 gallon or less)

I built a grow room out of my dresser, big enough for 1 plant max, I also have cabinets under the bathroom sink enough space to put 2 more plants there(only growing autoflowerers,the grow room will be for photoperiod ones) I am also planning to put another plant on top of the sink, all of them im planning to give them at least 80-100watts of cfl (counting the true watts labeled on each cfl) so lets say I only have 27 watts cfl on me, how many of these do I need to put in order to get a plant to harvest? I do know i have to make sure the whole plant has light all around, but is it a must? again, yields is not a concern. If you can guarantee me that with at least 80-100watts worth will harvest my plant regardless of color spectrum

Looks like you've got a couple views and no response. I'll order my answer the same as your questions.

1. Don't judge of the color of the bulb, go by the kelvin rating. Three typical kelvin ratings for cfl's are 2700, 5000, and 6500. In my experience 6500 are a bitch to find. A whole isle of lights at Home Depot and only one product was 6500k. 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowering.

2. Reflection helps. Unlike led's and hps with hoods, cfl's give off light in all directions. Rig something yourself. Flat white paint reflects well. I would add up lumens, not watts. The more lumens the better. I had 18,000 lumens in less than 3 sq ft with cfls. I never successfully grew that setup (never even planted the seed) but it's about lumens more so than watts. I would not run 20/4 once buds start producing. Dark time is when the plant rests and rebuilds. You don't go to the gym and do chest 7 days straight do you?

3. Once again look into Kelvin rating. Plants do better with multiple spectrums I'd mix all 3 kelvin ratings i mentioned but more of the one that is for the specific stage. (In veg have more 6500, in bloom have more 2700)

4. Yes it'd probably take it to harvest if you did everything else right.... But for $100 more you could really bulk up and be more confident going into it.

5. I've heard great things about Advanced Nutrients, my local hydroponics guy is fucking awesome. He convinced me to go with AN grow, micro, bloom. And then you can add whatever you like from their individual products i.e. big bud, bloom booster, bud candy. I have a detailed catalog from AN that breaks down every single product, it's purpose, and it's feeding schedule. I bet you could find it online.

6. The smaller the pot, the smaller the plant. It's all about roots. AN voodoo juice is great for root growth which directly relates to plant size and health. I'm starting in 3 gal and transplanting once into 7 gal. Look into fabric pots! Then you'll never drown your plants.

Hope this helps....knowledge is power

Back
Top Bottom