Hello people! I could use some advice

TRoss

420 Member
I'm on my first grow and I've been reading and searching forums on so many sites it's all becoming a blur! I have a 4x4 tent with a mars hydro and some other china knock off from ebay. Hubby set up an exhaust system for me with a carbon filter and there is a oscillating fan etc. I have 4 plants in the tent and they have pretty much been doomed from the beginning but I continued anyway. They started off in bad organic dirt from walmart that was filled with fungus gnats (I didn't realize it until they hatched) so I had to transplant them too early into some roots 707. They acted stunted for a long time. I also had them outside for a while because I didn't have my indoor lights yet. Then when the days got short they started flowering. I brought them back in when the lights came and threw them back into veg. Then when they were big enough for the 5 gallon buckets they are in now which is when I switched to Happy Frog because the store didn't have the 707 in stock (which I believe is much prettier dirt). Anyway.... I'm not new to gardening but I'm new to growing weed! haha.. They recovered from all of that and then later they had markings on the leaves that gave me the idea there was some kind of mite. Looked like spider mite damage on the leaves but I only ever spotted one little tiny tan/brown thing that i barely spotted. Probably from their time spent outside. So, I sprayed them with garden safe insecticidal soap. The next day the looked like they didn't love that...but they recovered. Now I'm at the beginning of week 6 and they have yellowing on the leaves which at first I thought was normal but one plant is real bad. I never gave them anything other than dirt and tap water that seems to run around 6.5 to 7 on ph if my strips, stick tester, and little plastic squares that you add dirt and water to are correct. At week 5 I fed them each 1 individual dose of MiracleGro Pour & Feed Singles Plant Food, Ready-to-Use - 2 fl oz The package says .02 N .02 P .02 K. It seemed like such a small dose I didn't think it could hurt. It didn't appear to hurt them but it also didn't seem to help. Now I am at one week later, yesterday was the first day of the 6th week of flower. They continue to yellow, I tested with my rapitest kit and it looks as tho the N is depleted, the K is very low, the ph is good and the P is good. Also, my buds are not fattening up as I had hoped they would. They are growing but it seems slow. Soooooooooooooooooo my questions are: IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO AT THIS POINT BESIDES WAIT?? IS IT TRUE THAT IT TAKES 6 TO 8 DAYS FOR A FERTILIZER TO GIVE FULL EFFECTS AND WOULD ADDING SOME JOBES ORGANICS VEGETABLE AND TOMATO GRANULAR PLANT FOOD NPK 2-5-3 AT THIS POINT BE YET ANOTHER MISTAKE?? THANKS in advance. P.S.S My temps have been around 75 with humidity around 40.

Thank you. I have edited my post.

Again welcome my suggestions are to stop using cheap soils a good soil will feed your plant for a while

Don’t use miracle grow. Never seen a good grow come from it. Invest some time into looking for a decent nuit package. I use technaflora and am changing over to raw soluble soon. I like things complicated. Start with a 2 part (veg and flower or an a and b formula)or 3 part (boost bloom and veg)

What strain are you running?

Is the ph reading A soil sample, before feed or water run off?

If you think it is a nuit problem you could try a foliage spray on a single branch. You should see improvement over night if that’s the issue.

Again welcome my suggestions are to stop using cheap soils a good soil will feed your plant for a while

Don’t use miracle grow. Never seen a good grow come from it. Invest some time into looking for a decent nuit package. I use technaflora and am changing over to raw soluble soon. I like things complicated. Start with a 2 part (veg and flower or an a and b formula)or 3 part (boost bloom and veg)

What strain are you running?

Is the ph reading A soil sample, before feed or water run off?

If you think it is a nuit problem you could try a foliage spray on a single branch. You should see improvement over night if that’s the issue.
Awesome I'll try that. The sample was after the feed and after it had been watered. It was a soil sample from the top of the soil not the run off.

OK, thank u! Here are some pictures. Tell me what you think. They started week six yesterday. The purple bud is Ninja Fruit and was a clone. The others I started from a few seeds I had.

Attachments

• Week6.jpg
    Week6.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 116
  • week6purplebud.jpg
    week6purplebud.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 111
  • week6purplebud2.jpg
    week6purplebud2.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 110
  • week6whitebud.jpg
    week6whitebud.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 118
  • week6whitebud2.jpg
    week6whitebud2.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 118
Just fan leaves going yellow? No sugar leafs or buds changing colour? That’s normal around harvest. Google your “strain name grow journal” read a few chances are the odd leafs changing colour is nothing bad. The one completely yellow/light green plant is a little concerning.

How long has the light been on they look tired. They are dropping a little but it looks like their just at the end of their day more then a problem.

Just fan leaves going yellow? No sugar leafs or buds changing colour? That’s normal around harvest. Google your “strain name grow journal” read a few chances are the odd leafs changing colour is nothing bad. The one completely yellow/light green plant is a little concerning.

How long has the light been on they look tired. They are dropping a little but it looks like their just at the end of their day more then a problem.
Yeah, I have and supposedly that one should flower for 9 to 10 weeks. They said it was ninja fruit. I'll just keep a close eye on them. Hopefully I'll at least get a little and then I can start over! Thanks for everything.

Back
Top Bottom