Hello

drcannabi

Hi all,

I have been using medicinal marijuana for 2 years now. A broken back and 4 surgeries has left me in a great deal of pain. I was hooked on Oxycontin for the better part of 3 years and nearly died of an accidental overdose when I was prescribed sleeping pills, Valium, and antidepressants on top of the oxys.

I went to a "safe" medical detox and got my life back. unfortunately I was still in a great deal of pain. that's when a long time friend confided in me that he was a medicinal marijuana patient and that it had brought his own pain levels down to an acceptable level without the debilitating side effects of prescription medications.

I tried it in edible form and was amazed. My pain seemed to float away effortlessly. After that I became an MMJ patient myself and began purchasing my MMJ at dispensaries. That was all well and good until my same friend brought over a magnifying glass to look at the meds close up. We were shocked to find mites and mite poop all over 2 of the 4 strains I had purchased.

That led me to start growing and harvesting my own meds. I've been doing that for about a year and I am on my 4th medical grow. I have been reading and learning much on this forum and would like to become an active member of the community. Any tips are greatly appreciated

Thank you all for the knowledge you've already imparted on me. I'm hoping to learn much more as an active member. Sorry for the long winded introduction.

God Bless,
JJ

Hi drcannabi (JJ).

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers her.

So happy to hear your story and although I'm terribly sorry for your suffering am pleased to know you have found pain relief from such a natural source.

I look forward to your participation around the forums.

Be well and happy growing.

Hi drcannabi (JJ).

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers her.

So happy to hear your story and although I'm terribly sorry for your suffering am pleased to know you have found pain relief from such a natural source.

I look forward to your participation around the forums.

Be well and happy growing.

:amen: ^

You will find many members to be under the same circumstances JJ. TanR put it so right, pain relief from a natural source.
Glad to have you joining the 420magazine community & also hope to see you roaming the threads :Namaste:

Thanks Gr8,

I figured out picture thing. Thanks a million 4 the Link. I got my grow journal up and I'll be sure to keep it updated. would love some feedback in Couple months when things get going.

blessings,
JJ

Hi! And welcome ... this is a really nice and informative place to be.

I am so happy that you have found relief from your pain with mj ... I'm a nurse and have had so many patients with intractable pain that I wished I could suggest cannabis, but obviously I can't, lol ... Canada is not a friendly mj country sadly

Looking forward to experiencing your grow with you ... :welcome:

Thanks MM!

I really am amazed at the pain relieving qualities of MMJ. 2 years and I haven't needed a single dose of prescription pain pills. There are days that are worse than others, but for the most part, MMJ keeps me in the game without any loss of quality of life.

Blessings!

JJ

Thanks MM!

I really am amazed at the pain relieving qualities of MMJ. 2 years and I haven't needed a single dose of prescription pain pills. There are days that are worse than others, but for the most part, MMJ keeps me in the game without any loss of quality of life.

Blessings!

JJ

I also use it to control my anxiety and depression but instead of allowing me to use the wonderful medicine that this plant gives us, I am presently on 5 prescription drugs including benzos and amphetamines, that are doing God knows what to my liver. I don't understand how alcohol can be legal but MJ is a part of the controlled drugs act, just nonsense.

Big pharma is only interested in peddling their "cures" which only make people sick and get them addicted and even death while marijuana is actually beneficial and no harmful side effects. Im so glad more and more states are legalizing which in my mind should of never became illegal just to propagate this pathetic drug war in which the government is the biggest drug pushers out of everyone with army guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan. It is terrible that you bought anything with mite poop on it and that's a great way not to get returning customers. With growing it yourself you can control that there are no harmful additives or poisons and certainly no poop. Welcome to the forum and to the hobby of growing.

Thanks MM!

Blessings!

JJ

I'm really happy you have found some relief - I've had my mm card for two years now and it has enriched my life in so many ways. Took a few years off flowers because of the smoking but now there are many safe alternatives my favorite being cannabutter. But to be honest I still smoke on the weekends - very satisfying.

So nice to meet you and enjoy your stay!

:bravo:

@SmokerJoe: Hi Joe, yeah, I ended up flushing that down the toilet. It is really great to be able to control what goes into my medicine. No bug poop here!

@LadyJane: Thanks for the welcome! I also use cannabutter more than anything. I vaporize a couple puffs right before bed for sleep but I've found edibles to be the best method for relieving my back pain. I've been using a 6 Qt crock-pot. I'm going with 40 grams of bud, 2 lbs of butter, add water, and set on LOW for about 30 hours (stirring occasionally). This seems to be perfect for the dose I need. I use 1/2 cup of the butter for 16 cookies, brownies or peanut butter bars. 1 - 2 cookies works for me but everyone else who tries them says they are devastating.

Blessings
JJ

Big pharma is only interested in peddling their "cures" which only make people sick and get them addicted and even death while marijuana is actually beneficial and no harmful side effects. Im so glad more and more states are legalizing which in my mind should of never became illegal just to propagate this pathetic drug war in which the government is the biggest drug pushers out of everyone with army guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan. It is terrible that you bought anything with mite poop on it and that's a great way not to get returning customers. With growing it yourself you can control that there are no harmful additives or poisons and certainly no poop. Welcome to the forum and to the hobby of growing.

Well, if I was a US citizen, I'd be moving to Colorado, lol. Sadly the closed minded Prime Minister Mr. Harper has said as long as he is in power, mj will not be legalized not de-criminalized. I am not a criminal and I feel that way while I have these plants in my basement, to a point where it gives me more anxiety.We have elections in 2 years and I have a feeling that we're going to have a younger, more open minded liberal Prime Minister, hopefully, anyway.

Thanks for the welcome :thanks:

Oh dont get me started on politicians I could write 1000 pages on it pretty easily Ive crossed many in my activism. We shouldnt feel like criminals but are made to ina society where more and more things are becoming illegal. Just be careful and get one over on them assholes

Oh dont get me started on politicians I could write 1000 pages on it pretty easily Ive crossed many in my activism. We shouldnt feel like criminals but are made to ina society where more and more things are becoming illegal. Just be careful and get one over on them assholes

Oooh, SmokerJoe, I think we're going to become great chat buddies ... :) ... lol on this message btw

I would like that Feel free to drop by my journal anytime. Im on this site a lot

Back
Top Bottom