HELP - 5 -7 leaves now growing 3

hey1

HELP GUYS,

I'm a first time grower so this might sound dumb. I have plants that are different sizes. I started them all from seeds (Diesel Elvis #5 and some unknowns). None of them are clones. They are growing and deep green in color. The medium is regular potting soil mixed with perlite, vermiculite and spaghum peat moss. The plants are females. They have already shown preflowers about a month ago. I got rid of all the males. Some of the plants are 5 feet tall and others are shorter. Anyway, they were sprouting 5 - 7 leaves on them and now some of the plants are sprouting 3 leaves only. It was sugguested that it might be stress related and to watch for hermi. I had to move them a couple of time to different locations due to security issues, so they weren't getting as much direct sun as before (which was around 8 hours a day and then strong ambient light for the rest of the day). It's been raining alot here, so they haven't gotten nitrogen every day either. Once the sun comes back out, they should get around 5 hours of direct sun and then the rest ambient light. The nutrients I usually give them are Jacks Classic all purpose 20-20-20, Supernova 1-1-1, Alaska Fish fertilizer 5-1-1, black strap molasses, Miracle Gro Organic Choice 8-0-0. I was wondering if any one has had this problem or have heard of it? Did I stress my plants out by moving them? Do I have to worry about hermis? What should I do? Thanks alot for your help.

OK, maybe it's my medicine, but I'm not quite following here. When you say they were growing 5-7 leaves but now they are sproutoing 3 leaves, are you refering to the fingers of the leaves? Do you have any photos because that would be a big help to be able to help you.
You said they are in regular potting soil, but I see that horrible brand "Mircle Grow", is that the regular potting soil you speak of? And why are they not getting nitrogen because of the rain? With the feeding your giving them, there is no way that all of that nitrogen could be flushed out
Without more clearer info I would guess, and it's only a guess, that you have stressed them. Any sudden change can cause stress, and if they are stressed enough they will hermie. Also, with the lower light levels, you might just be seeing the beginning of your plants starting to flower.
Post some pics if possible and I'm sure several members smarter than me can tell you whats going on

Hi,

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by fingers. I guess I was trying to say that when the plants grow the actual leaves, they were 5, 6 or even 7 of them. Now its 3. As for the Miracle Gro, it's not the stuff in the green and black little box, this stuff is in a light brown bottle and the main ingredients are sugar & beet molasses. I will stop using it because I don't want to take a chance and mess up my guys. Also, I forgot to mention that I also use Pervian Seabird Guano but I use very little of it because I'm scared I might use too much and burn them. The soil I used is just regular potting soil that I've added perlite, vermiculite and sphaghum peat moss to make it better. The potting soil does not have miracle gro in it. I was worried about all the rain we've been getting in Virginia, that I haven't been able to give them any nutrients. I had no choice but to move them. Will have to move them again. Hopefully, it will stop raining every f....ing day for awhile so I can get back to their feeding schedule. Hopefully, they will bounce back and not turn hemi on me. Will watch closely though. But your right, I will take pictures of them and post. Thanks.

The real problem with Mircle Grow is that most of their stuff is timed released so you don't ever know when what nute is going to be released at any cetrtain time. If what you have isn't time released, then I would guess that it would be OK. Just seems like a very heavy amount of nutes in your feedings, but if your plants are thriving then go for it. As for moving them, I would suggest that you do it in the middle of the night when you will put less stress on them, as long as they are not in flower..
When I say fingers, what I mean is when your babies first sprouted, the first leaves were not split, it was just one finger, then it will do leaves with 3 fingers, then 5 and so on, like the fingers of your hand

Back
Top Bottom