Help a first timer out!

JulietDionne

Up until yesterday afternoon, I had three extremely healthy, organically grown plants in the vegetative state. They are on a 24hr light cycle right now in a well ventilated space with a light breezy fan. At around 7am, yesterday I watered all three (I use a spray bottle so as to not over-water them) and by the afternoon, my most gorgeous plant started to get droopy. It looks like dehydration but I also don't want to over-water them because I read that over-watering is a common downfall to first time growers. Please help! I don't want this one to die! I might be overreacting but it looks worse today than it did yesterday. Also- if anyone can confirm the sex of the second pictured plant, that would be great. It has a lot of little buds of pollen so I'm assuming it is male because the other two plants have white stamen.

143ffrd.jpg

fzbza.jpg

Generally over watering is not from using too much water, it's from watering too often. It's best to water thoroughly with
some run off then let it dry thoroughly before watering again. How much water to they actually get with the spray and
how often do you spray?

I spray until the soil is evenly moist, maybe an ounce or two of water as the topsoil dries out, so maybe three or four times a week? I could be doing this completely wrong so I'm all ears. To be totally honest, I don't even get runoff. I'm not sure how much water they need, the one that is wilting is about 10 inches tall.

Sounds like they need a good drink. Water them slowly until you see some running out of the bottom then let them sit
for a few days. You should see the leaves perk up within hours if it's wilting from lack of water.

A good water and soil that drains well should have no ill effect on your plants.. water with say a few litres, then just wait about 2 dys and water again. As long as the top soil has dried up and it doesnt appear soaked all the time youll be ok. Also I have some bad news, one plants a male the one with the round balls on it:(
And there is not much soil in the pot itself from what I see, so, IMO, Id chop the male down, and repot the good one into a good soil mix into a larger pot and fill the soil up as far up the stem as you can until its just upto the first branches, well about 2cm s below them - leave a space between.
From then if you water every 48 hrs or so you should be fine mate:) All the best.. Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom