Help Advice on flood drain, room and water temp, and ec,ph

roundstone

Hi

Can some one please help a fellow grower out with some advice.

Have a alien flood drain system
water temp 19 flood time every 3 hours
ph 5.9
ec 1.3 all in flower
room temp 31 bottom of tent top 29
6in fan in and out
2 fans moving air around tent

Just seem to get crap yields and really slow growing
Going to buy 2 cooltubes to drop room temp to 26 to see if that is the problem.

Any advice

what kind of lighting are you using right now?? 29-31 is getting up there but should not be a reason for a big concern. as far as yield, how big do you veg your plant? are you buying seed or just using bag seed? do you have pics of your setup?

Hi
I veg for 4 weeks and I use 600w bulbs, and I buy seeds.

here are some photos

My veg room 2 weeks from seed

IMG_20150610_141618.jpg
IMG_20150610_141642.jpg

Now my grow tent these are 4 weeks in to flower. be kind

IMG_20150610_141703.jpg
IMG_20150610_141805.jpg
IMG_20150610_141814.jpg
IMG_20150610_141822.jpg
IMG_20150610_141827.jpg
IMG_20150610_141831.jpg
IMG_20150610_141841.jpg
IMG_20150610_141941.jpg
IMG_20150610_141945.jpg
IMG_20150610_141949.jpg
IMG_20150610_141953.jpg

Hmm. somethings up with them. It's possibly much too warm in your tent. For how often and how long is the tent reaching 31c? I start worrying when I hit 27.5c

hi most of the time it is 31 on the bottom and 28 29 top of tent.

fitted cool tubes 2 days ago
now it is 27.6 top and 29.6 bottom thought the cooltubes would drop the temp a lot more then that's. very weird

hi most of the time it is 31 on the bottom and 28 29 top of tent.

A true physical oddity that. Not saying your lying but heat usually rises. Maybe your res is holding on to alot of heat and keeping it hot near the bottom of the tent. Generally you want your roots cooler than your leaves.

EDIT: Not very familiar with tent or closet HVAC

Hi
My res tank the water is 19 - 20.
I know what you mean about heat rises very weird. I think tomorrow I will buy a new thermometer incase these diggy one are not working right.

put an normal thermometer in the middle in the shade and it said 27 which is good. Just wait and see now I guess.

is there anything else people might think I am doing something wrong???

now long do you all veg for and how tall are they when you flip????

Thanks

What are you feeding them?

It goes against what I've been reading about hydro in general, but for my Flood and Drain system the local hydro shop guy recommended a certain line of nutes that are PH buffered to stay at 6.3-6.5. I've been running it from day 1 and the plants are loving it.

What's the PPM of the water you are starting with?
What's the PPM after you add your nutes?

put an normal thermometer in the middle in the shade and it said 27 which is good. Just wait and see now I guess.

is there anything else people might think I am doing something wrong???

now long do you all veg for and how tall are they when you flip????

Thanks

Personally I would veg them to at least 12-18 inches in height, I am on a different method now which involves more bending and topping, I veg a plant until it is 3 feet across and before I flower, shooting for 1lb per plant. If growing conventional method though, at I would veg till at least 12 inches but probably 18 (as long as you have the room). A little longer veg time will drastically affect your yield.

Personally I would veg them to at least 12-18 inches in height, I am on a different method now which involves more bending and topping, I veg a plant until it is 3 feet across and before I flower, shooting for 1lb per plant. If growing conventional method though, at I would veg till at least 12 inches but probably 18 (as long as you have the room). A little longer veg time will drastically affect your yield.

^great advise

I have one I left in veg for 2 months, then FIMd it, waited 1 month then spread out the 4 mains and cut away everything else, waited 2 weeks, then into flower. I can say the extra time in veg definitely made a difference in yield.

I'm hoping to get at least 8 oz. A pound would be REALLY nice though. :)

Somethings not right my veg room temp is 34 and the very small plants love it and still growing so it cant me the heat in the grow tent, Just put a chiller on the res tank as the temp went up to 24 mmmmmmm think I might have found the problem. it is 18 now

34 is WAY too hot for your room temp. and 24 is definitely too hot for DWC if that's what your doing. 18 is much better for res temp, but get the room temp down asap

34 is WAY too hot for bloom temp do something about that asap. 24 is pretty hot for your res temp, but if you got it down to 18, you should be fine when it comes to your res

EDIT: sorry about the double post

yes I am trying every thing I can to get the temp down.
Just changed the fan around on the cool tube now it is sucking air instead of blowing air throw the tube. don't know which way is the best.

at least the water temp is good now.

Pulling is generally better than pushing with inline ducting

Lights have been on for 2 hours now here is the temp readings

tent floor

IMG_20150613_090157.jpg

top of tent

IMG_20150613_090140.jpg

don't know why the top is cooler maybe I should put the filter on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom