Help-baking cookies made with Cannabutter

live4thesea

i made a batch of cannabutter....only my second time to do it....the flame on my gas stove will not get small enough to heat on a low temperature so i made my butter in a crock pot....but, even in the crock pot on low with 2 lbs butter (8 sticks) and 3 oz of weed, the mixture still boils....i cooked it last time for 20 hours....i only cooked it for 16 hours this time and it looked like it was burning so i turned it off and am letting it cool....i hope that i didnt burn off the THC on 3 ounces!!! the butter is very very dark brown, almost black....the last batch of butter i used to make peanut butter cookies...my problem was that trying to bake the cookies at 175 to 190 degrees wouldnt get them done...the cookies just fell apart like they were limp and dough-y....i cooked them anywhere from 15 min to 25 min with each batch trying to get them to get crispy...nothing worked...i ended up melting ghirardelli chocolate chips and icing the tops of the cookies so they would stay together and then i had to freeze them and end up eating them either really cold or frozen so they wouldnt fall apart....

does anyone have any advice on how to make the cookies crispier without raising the temperature?

also, it was weird on the last batch about getting high....every once in a while i would get a kick ass cookie that would take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to kick in and then would last 5 or 6 hours of the best high, but then i would eat another of the same batch wait for hours and nothing would happen....not sure what was up....any suggestions?

When I made my cookies using budder, I froze the cookie dough balls and then pop the dough in the oven when I want some cookies. For me 290* for 18-22 minutes does it.

Good luck!!

:peace:

hey, thanks so much.....my cookie dough was very more like batter...there was no way i could make balls out of them....i ended up adding 2 extra eggs to the recipe to make the cookies hold together to bake...but the dough was never stiff enough to form....i spooned/dropped it on the cookie sheet...

i was leery of baking the cookies at a temperature that exceeded 190 degrees so as not to lose the THC...so, i ended up baking them on a convection setting of 190 for 35 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven and they were finally crispy....i iced them with melted ghiradelli chocolate chips and because i live in the islands, i have to keep them in a container in the fridge so as not to melt, but they turned out great and each cookie gives you a killer high...takes anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours to kick in, but lasts 4-6 hours...

i substituted 1 cup of canna butter in the traditional peanut butter cookie recipe for 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup crisco....i crock potted 3 oz of weed in 2 lbs of butter for 22 hours and it yielded 3 cups of canna butter...i made two recipes of peanut butter cookies and then iced them and i also made two batches of brownies using 1/2 cup of canna butter instead of 1/3 cup oil......all good in anguilla..............ahhhhhhhhh..

Back
Top Bottom