Help - Beginner farmer with lighting question here!

eltongg

I've just purchased my seeds , soil and fertilizer and i seem to understand those quite well .

What i'm not so sure about is the lighting and where to get them .

I'm planning to purchase these bulbs from "27.38C$ |Super Hps 70w 100w 150w 1000w 600w 400w 250w Watt High Pressure Sodium Lamp Bulb Grow Light Lamp Hydroponics Horticulture - High Pressure Sodium Lamps - AliExpress"

600w HPS bulbs , i'm going to build my own growbox with cardboard and i'm not sure what i need to insert the bulb into . Reflectors looks like what i need but i cant find anyone that sells only the reflectors and ships to Singapore . Other seller sells in a pack so it's too expensive for me too :/

Can anyone help me here !

The Basics Of Plant Lighting

Hey welcome to the forums! Check out that link it will explain the ins and outs of lighting and lighting types. The bulb is not a normal bulb. You can't just put it in a light socket and expect it to work. You need a balast, which is a way of converting and drawing energy to power the bulb as well as a starter.

Good luck!

The Basics Of Plant Lighting

Hey welcome to the forums! Check out that link it will explain the ins and outs of lighting and lighting types. The bulb is not a normal bulb. You can't just put it in a light socket and expect it to work. You need a balast, which is a way of converting and drawing energy to power the bulb as well as a starter.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply ! May i know which types of ballast should i use for my HSP 600w Bulb ? :eek:

Get a digital ballast with selectable output , that way you can use bulbs of different wattage's if desired , or just dim the bulb when starting seedlings etc.
A bonus with a digital ballasts is they work for a HPS and a MH bulb , with the same ballast.

Also , the digital ballast consumes 40-50w less do to its electronic design and high power factor.

Back
Top Bottom