Help - Broken plant - Sad face

Imsy

So I'm far along in veg with my female, and of F'ing course. I knew things were running smoothly, it's too good to be true. Something bad was bound to happen, and YUP, here we go.....

I happened to be adjusting my lights in my tent when all of the sudden I heard a big bang and smash...a Y split socket with two CFL bulbs fell from my socket, smashed both bulbs, and on the way down it decided to take out a nice big perfect looking fan leaf, and a fresh branch with 2 older leaf nodes and 3 vibrant new growth nodes, clean off the main stem.
I panicked, knew I had no clone notes at all, so I filled a cup of water and stuck the stem in there. I left it in the water for a bit, then when I got back to dealing with this bull crap, I cut top of 500ML water bottle, filled it with just regular soil that i have my plants in, stuck a pencil down in dirt and placed it in the soil.

I also cut all but top 2 nodes (and a 3rd blooming)
Also sliced stem in half about a half inch
Cut the bottom 2 nodes leaf petals in 1/2-3/4

☆NO CLONE SOLUTIONS USED AT ALL, JUST WATER FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN INTO BASIC SOIL WITHOUT NUTRIENTS☆

QUESTION being,
Will roots grow at all the way I did it?
Has anyone done this and had any results?
Any suggestions on maybe something I can do to help the roots grow?

Any and every input is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I would have spliced/grafted them back together and let them heal on the original plant.

If you wanted to go the clone/cutting route, I would have left them in water. Keep the soil good and moist but not wet. You need to be working with a meristem. If you only have a leaf node, it won't clone for you.

Yeah the branch that got broken off was a nice long stem with a total of 6 nodes but I cut it down to 3 nodes.

Would I be able to take it out of the soil now, and cut the stem again up from the original cut, and have it start the process over again?
Is that possible?

Yeah the branch that got broken off was a nice long stem with a total of 6 nodes but I cut it down to 3 nodes.

Would I be able to take it out of the soil now, and cut the stem again up from the original cut, and have it start the process over again?
Is that possible?

Possible? Yes. Success depends on how vital the cutting was/still is.

I agree that it's possible. I would take it out and put it in water for now, while figuring out a better cloning method. it may root in soil but I think your chances are much lower than if you use a different medium. Rockwool works well, as well as coco, rapid rooter plugs. Lately I've been doing most of my cloning in plain perlite and that's been very successful. Quite a few options. Cloning gel does help.
Check this link How to Grow Marijuana and scroll down. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of cloning info.

Broken cfl bulbs are not a good thing. Make sure to try and clean up that mercury if you can. Good luck.

Right on!
I was thinking, it would make sense that as long as the cutting is still healthy looking, why not giv'er a go.

Going to buy Cloning Solution in an hour.
See if I can't save what I did.

Thanks for the input!
I Appreciate the help!!!

Just keep cloning temps good- 70-75 and keep the stem in an aerated medium that's not too wet, and it should root. A small cfl is enough light. Most cuttings that fail die because they rot out from being too wet, or experience temps that are too high/low. I find they root well when conditions are just barely moist.

Back
Top Bottom