Help, Brown spots on fan leaves!

lookntoimpruv

There are several brown spotted leaves on one of the ladies. My runoff ph is 5 using FFOF soil. I have tried to raise it by giving it a few waters with a ph of 7 or 7.5 but it only raised from 4.5 to 5.
I never added lime in the beggining because I thought it was buffered already. I also have hardwater, but use hardwater micro, although the first 5 weeks was just ph adjusted water.
Could any of these things be the problem? and, what to do to salvage or fix? I am in second week of flower. Please if you have any info please reach out. I am shitting myself!

There are several brown spotted leaves on one of the ladies. My runoff ph is 5 using FFOF soil. I have tried to raise it by giving it a few waters with a ph of 7 or 7.5 but it only raised from 4.5 to 5.
I never added lime in the beggining because I thought it was buffered already. I also have hardwater, but use hardwater micro, although the first 5 weeks was just ph adjusted water.
Could any of these things be the problem? and, what to do to salvage or fix? I am in second week of flower. Please if you have any info please reach out. I am shitting myself!

dont freak out. plants are resilient. as long as you can eventually get everything back to the proper levels.. it will continue to thrive.

Yeh, but now a second one has spots. I just did a soil ph, p,k, and n test. The kind you just put soil and water and mix with the capsule. Everything tested to have a surplus and ph was at 6.8 or so. I dont understand why my runoff is so low. I dont think I am over watering every three days.
Could it be the hard water???
The only thing I am using differently is hydrozyme and this stuff called great white root treatment. It puts good bacterias and microbes into soil. Could it be either of these things??

Does that mean I should skip my nute feeding? Because to get the ph to that level I have to add quite a bit of ph up.

when you add nutrients to your water it will drop the ph as the nutients is acidic ..if your ph is to high i would suggest feeding your nutients untill your feed is around 5.8 -6.3 .

if your ph is to low then yes add some ph up untill you have your water and nutients at ph of 5.8-6.3

always keep your water and feed between 5.8-6.3 once you have established constant feed of the correct ph you will never have a problem with your runoff ph being to high or low.

invest in a good ph tester kit so your always accurate ;)

are the leaves with the brown spots starting to yellow, and cup a little too?

listen to kush, good advice there.. however, i will add that ph can be a curse. and sometimes even when following what he said... it can jump around.. the microbes/bacteria shouldnt be adding to the problems.. nor the hardwater.

its just one of those things.. anyways.. have you added any DL to the top of your soil by chance?

I had this exact same problem with one of my plants, and my runoff ph was exactly where yours is (5 or lower). I used FFOF mixed with Light Warrior and had added about 1 tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil. I eventually figured out that I needed more lime, so I top dressed with about a tablespoon or two and watered it with distilled water adjusted to about 6.9 or 7. Dolomite lime is essential to controlling Ph, especially later in the grow once the salts start to build up. It also provides some nutrients to the plant, and 2 days later she was a much darker, healthier green and the leaves had flattened out. The spots were much easier to see after the leaves darkened up and looked like a calcium deficiency to me.. I trimmed a couple of the worst leaves, and she's been doing great ever since. I've added lime again when the same plant showed similar signs, and she perked back up again. The other girls never had issues, some plants are just sensitive.

Hope this helps. If necessary you can also foliar feed dolomite lime mixed at 1/2 strength, but I personally don't recommend it. People say when you top dress it's considered "slow release", but I've always noticed improvements almost immediately. I don't like foliar feeding more than necessary.

I used to have major deficiencies. I started growing in soil using miricle grow . I would get the curled leaves, the nutrient burns and the whole bit. I also had alot of fungus gnats. I switched to gro-power 4-8-2 and seaweed extract. in veg when I thought they needed moe N. I would put just a little MG pink patio every once in a while .T he same in flower with the mg 15-30-15 for a boost and some bat guano. Since I have started this program I have not had one curled leaf and absolutly NO nutrient burns and the fungus gnats have dissapeared. I think they do not like the seaweed. but now they are ALL nice and green and growing great.

Back
Top Bottom