Help CFL Light

walterminosa

I went to the store today and a took some cfl light pic and i want you to see them and tell me witch one is the best. can you help me out. i put the pic on a zip file. I upload it on filesonic the donload link is here.

I'm thinkning of putting 3 plants on each plant ill put a Scoop Light whith 2x 200W - K6500 On each side of the plant ill put vertically 3x 100W - K2700. what do you think??

Can you just upload the individual photos to your photo gallery here and then insert them into your thread?

what is the diference between K6500 - 40Watt and K6500 - 200Watt??

Without having seen your pictures... about 160 watts? Small-wattage CFLs use "household" medium sockets, while large-wattage (generally over 125 watts) CFLs almost always use the larger mogul sockets.

Hey Brother I am not a fan of CFL "To Hot and hard to use" But thought I'd Help ya out, here's your pics!. Someone can help you better, I do know they can work for small grows. Let me know if you got any questions! Have you seen our website?

11.gif
101.gif
26.gif
32.gif
42.gif
52.gif
61.gif
82.gif
71.gif
9.gif
111.gif
121.gif
131.gif

I am sure other members can use the pics for ref too!:yummy:

Hey Brother I am not a fan of CFL "To Hot

Too right, man. Watt for watt they do produce a lot of heat compared to many other lights.

Suggest skipping the ones that are less than 23-watt. Not worth it when they don't produce much illumination - even compared with other CFLs - and when you can often find six-packs of the ~23-watt ones on sale for a few bucks. Arguably, if you've already got a box of them you could use them but IMO you'd be better off sticking them in your reading lamps to cut your electric bill and getting the 23/26/42/68/105/250 watt ones (if you are going to stick with the CFLs).

And don't buy into the marketingspeak "n-watt equivilant" language. That's all in comparison to incandescant bulbs which aren't used in growing (and basically are heaters that produce a little light on the side).

you can buy 200 watt cfls that use 200 watts 6500k and 2700k but thet are pricy. i had a 200 watt 6500k for veg w/ reflector. better off w/ 6 26 watt 6500k bulbs w/ clamp reflectors if using cfl. i use only sun and mh/hps now. but i started w/fluorescent w/ t5 ho fixture. and cfls. then bought a 400 watt hps for $139. and use a 7200k ushio converion bulb for MH. it was worth it.
make sure you get the bulbs close to the plants. like 5 inches away. w/fan.:goodluck:

I have had some luck with a 12-pack cfl that I have connected to a 400 cfm inline fan with a Homemade Carbon scrubber on the end-Just had my first harvest--some Purple Urkle that I grew from seed. Lets just chalk this up as a learning curve for me. I had an unexpected trip to the ER-FOOD poisioning. I was in the hospital for 2 days,guess one of my girls had a late growth spurt and got too close to the light,burned the plant. I got about 3oz. from 2 plants- NEXT UP- DOG-(Diamond OG) Keep the lights as close as possible -check lighting every day.

I don't see pics, but you need to get 2700k and 6500k which you can mix together.

I am using Sylvania 23W 120V 60Hz 380mA 2700k CLF's so based off of your statement, I am assuming these are good for veg and flower, or keep the 2700k for veg and then replace a few with 6500k for flower? just looking for some more input.

or keep the 2700k for veg

Backwards. Generally, ~2700K for flowering and ~6500K for vegetative growth.

Although many like to mix that at 75%:25% (75% 2700K : 25% 6500K for flowering, etc.) for a better spectral mix. Can be tricky when dealing with CFLs that don't produce much light and don't penetrate / broadcast the light very far as you're more dealing with "zones of light" than your area as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom