Help cfl's - what lead?

VtecHoe

What lead do you need to plug into the 4 way plug? Would it just be a normal e27 lead? Bit confused lol

KGrHqEOKjUE4nWebf3gBOMt3Bp_L_0_3.JPG

4 x CFL 45W 65W 85W with 4 in 1 adaptor Grow bulb light

Thanks for pointing out the obvious here, Im not that retarded, I havent had a reply for 3 days, and im sure with the vast amount of people on here someone will know

Most reflectors regardless whether they are for HPS/CFL will have an IEC fitting plug (kettle plug) you have two types male & female, needs very little explanation to see how these work. :thumb:
Any commercial grade light bulb E.G the above will have an E40 bayonet fitting.

Basically your reflector should have the female IEC socket attached, you will then require a male IEC socket, length of cable & E27 plug to go intos mains 4 way adapter.

Your local hydro shop should sell them ! please bear in mind in different parts of world do have slightly different requirements for plugs etc:peace:

If your after domestic type stuff, check your local hardware store.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious here, Im not that retarded, I havent had a reply for 3 days, and im sure with the vast amount of people on here someone will know

It was obvious that you failed to mention in your original post that you had contacted the seller. I don't believe that miwa was alluding to the degree of retardness that you may or may not have (lol) - rather, that he was making the comment that was on everyone else's mind when they read your post. IOW, he was trying to help.

As the CFL bulbs in the pictures on that page appear to be standard self-ballasted ones and the auction site is a UK-based one, I would suggest that you would wire it up like any standard electrical device... if I didn't fear that doing so would offend you because it was obvious.

Were it not also obvious, I'd point out that it seems pretty sketchy to consider purchasing something from an eBay seller that doesn't return emails from prospective customers. Especially one who's home site lists an address that, when entered into Google Maps and a street view is chosen, looks like a residential area. I might be incorrect on that as I am not familiar with standard business practices in the UK - but I would expect to see at least a small sign in front of any actual business location, lol. The only building that does not appear to be either a house or multi-dwelling flat nearby on that road is the Civil Service Sports Association which is across (and down) the street.

But then again, I loathe "businesses" that only have a web presence in general and ones that operate mainly from an eBay front in particular and that might color my perceptions a bit. And it's within the realm of possibility, I suppose, that Google Maps might have the street-level views wrong for that area, or that I'm using it incorrectly.

What might not be obvious (or perhaps it is, in which case I apologise) is that you'll get a greater portion of the light produced by four CFL bulbs onto your plant(s) in a usable fashion if you either purchase or spend an hour constructing a setup that places the bulbs in a horizontal orientation - as opposed to the slanted one which that product appears to have - and fabricate a decent reflector to go along with it. After all, you're paying for "x" amount of wattage with any given light setup; you might as well use as much of the output as possible.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom