Help choosing LED light for Hydroponic system

Taylorgang4

My first post on this site:ciao: I need help choosing the right led light for my grow op I have already built a hydroponic system for my plants.

And now I don't know how much wattage I need for 6 plants.
The dimensions of the container are Length 29" and Width of 20".
And lastly my budget for a light is around $600, will anyone help me choose the right light.

:thanks:

this is a very tough question... even with more info it will be tough. My suggestion is to take your budget and find out what you can get, look at the ones that fit the budget then make a list of those lights and ask how folks feel about a specific light (few have tried many) You may contact a vendor that sells a wide range and ask for suggestions then ask back here to verify.

this is a very tough question... even with more info it will be tough. My suggestion is to take your budget and find out what you can get, look at the ones that fit the budget then make a list of those lights and ask how folks feel about a specific light (few have tried many) You may contact a vendor that sells a wide range and ask for suggestions then ask back here to verify.

Thank you for your suggestion,

my list of considerations consist of

Lighthouse Hydro BlackStar 500w LED Grow Light UV

300W Quantum LED Grow Light from stealth grow

Photosynthesizer 450w LED Grow Light from https://https//www.greenlights-ledgrowlights.co.uk

as well as Photosynthesizer 360w LED Grow Light

or a 200w diamond series

black star!

You are getting some input now! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I looked to see if those models used the same type of LED/lenses that my newer panel has ... The first thing I found out is my favorite panel is GONE!!! ... but I was happy to see the same type of lenses are in these lights. Budmaster 4G LED Grow Lights - Green Lights LED Grow Lights The light from this type of cluster seems less harsh and more "blended" than my red panels. The light spectrum is key as well I would try to get the spectrum the same as my adjusta-clusta.

Good Luck with your search

Will the DS 200 out perform a 400w light built by another company?
You have to look very closely at what those companies are calling 400 watt... MOST of them call it a 400 Watt LED if it has 133 x 3 watt LEDs. The fact is that those lights really only use around 250 watts. There are a few so called 400 watt lights that a DS 200 will out perform. Blackstar is one of those companies that makes outrageous claims and outright lies about their product IMHO. Their 500w model pulls around 350 watts if I remember correctly and Cree does not make a 12000K white led.

As for the Kessil, they make a good light but they are about dbl the price per watt as others.

Thank all of you for your input, I am currently checking the 420 sponsors to find more options. As of now the DS200, Budmaster, and Growstealth currently remain on the list.

I would suggest our Budmaster 450XG mate, or even buy the component parts and do your own DIY, we have started a diary here showing someone who has done some Budmaster DIY its very simple.

Mystery Cheese & Budmaster II

Got an questions please feel free to contact us

Back
Top Bottom