help coco and cal mag 3rd grow ever getting better but still need expert advice

MrSmokesalot

I grow in coco coir, and r/o my r/o is 5ppm. My last grow I used AD cal mag grow witch brought my water to about 150 ppm before mixing nutrients. Then in flower I used AD cal mag bloom 150ppm before nutrients throughout flower then at about week three they got a lock out and went to shit. This grow I stopped cal mag when I switched to flower. They looked great then I got a mag deficientcy. So I foliar sprayed with epson salt and cleared it up.
Im on week 4 now I feed 3 times then a little flush then feed 3 and flush. The guy at the hydro shop told me to use cal mag every other feed but im afraid to. I was thinking when I do my flush to add some cal mag or epson? Any help is appreciated. My plants are doing good now just a few leaves show a little bit of mag def.I did a gallon of r/o water flush in each 2 gallon pot. Then I flushed again with a gallon and tsp of epson. But today I started seeing little spots like a calcium deficiency. I stoped cal mag when I switched to flower.I have advanced nutrients cal mag grow and bloom. Maybe next time ill use keep using cal mag a week or two into flower. My r/o is 5ppm I always mix cal mag first. The cal mag bloom if I followed the instructions 2ml per liter it would raise it to about 450ppm. I only use about a quarter of that.
What should ppm of cal mag should I make my water before adding nutrients? And how long into flower should I use it for? I also just got a bottle of dyna gro mag pro to use when I stop cal mag. Ive also heard its good to charge coco with 400ppm of cal mag before planting clones? if I do that do I continue on using cal mag throughout the grow cycle? And I checked my runoff ph 5.7 to 5.8. My last grow it was about ph 4 lol
Thanks for all your help! ! Oh and this is all og kush taho platinum and original og kush.
20140617_124850.jpg
20140617_124826.jpg
20140617_124659.jpg
20140617_124645.jpg
20140617_124619.jpg
20140617_124515.jpg
20140617_124447.jpg
20140617_124207.jpg

Why don't you just minerlize the coco with 6-5-3 amendment? Are you running hydro? If so this won't work. Check out some of BID'S grows. I have minerlized coco no Ph -ppm- pins have been put up! I ordered all I needed from Amazon. I just use hydrolized fish ferts. Don't get all sucked up in the Industry. Less is more - KISS= keep it simple stupid. I have grown in coco the last 4 rounds 1 & 2 with salts, it sucked but better than brick weed. 3 & 4 minerlized with 6-5-3 + azomite and microbes to break the rock powders down. Now I have gone the route of Hi-Brix. Using Doc Bud's Kit. Check out some of the produce that has been grown. It will blow your mind.
Hell just PM Doc for the kit. Wish I had from the start but you know what they say hind sight is always 20/20:Namaste:

In my new grow, which I haven't started a journal for yet, I am growing in 100% coco, with sand on the top and almost on the very bottom. This way gnats cannot get in through the bottom or top.

Anyway.

I water every 24-38 hours with r/o water and a modified lukas formula. 6ml micro and 9ml bloom from general hydroponics. I use no grow. Read about the Lukas formula to understand why grow is not needed. This mix gives an almost perfect balance of all nutrients for coco.

My plants are nice and green. That mixture brings the ppms to about 700. I feed with every watering.

If I start to notice any red or purple in the stems, I water with a bit of calmag water before I fully water with the 6-9 ratio.

I make my calmag water with r/o water and add 3ml for a gallon.

In my new grow, which I haven't started a journal for yet, I am growing in 100% coco, with sand on the top and almost on the very bottom. This way gnats cannot get in through the bottom or top.

Anyway.

I water every 24-38 hours with r/o water and a modified lukas formula. 6ml micro and 9ml bloom from general hydroponics. I use no grow. Read about the Lukas formula to understand why grow is not needed. This mix gives an almost perfect balance of all nutrients for coco.

My plants are nice and green. That mixture brings the ppms to about 700. I feed with every watering.

If I start to notice any red or purple in the stems, I water with a bit of calmag water before I fully water with the 6-9 ratio.

I make my calmag water with r/o water and add 3ml for a gallon.

I run Maxibloom + Calmag Plus + Silica Blast.

If you follow the bottle for Calmag you won't get lock out. In flower I give Calmag plus once every other feeding.

Back
Top Bottom