help diagnose please

CopsPop

royal queen power flower and Dinafem critical jack. Miracle grow organic soil. 80 days old. Currently under a 600 & 700 watt led lamps. That is because I moved all my stuff to 12 hr. lighting, so i put the lights together, normally they would be under only one of the lights. The last two waterings were with rain water. Last watering 3 days ago I used Dyna-gro Grow(7-9-5).
Seems first problem is on the older shade leaves. Start yellowing at the base of the leaf and progresses to the outer part and drops. Doesn't look like that in the photos but it is how they yellow.
Also the plants are stunted (?) and node spacing is really close. As earlier stated they are normally under a 600 or 700 watt light at about 3 feet above plant. Is this light to close or some other issue?
2014417114344.jpg
2014417114322.jpg
2014417114309.jpg
2014417114130.jpg
2014417114000.jpg

Re: help diagnose pls.

the yellowing of the leaves I think its looking for Nitrogen, I have the same power flower going in my grow room right now and mine is 44 days old and my plant is about 3 1/2 feet now I just put it into flower yesterday. So your plant could be stunted but could be your lighting too. I do grow hydro so maybe somebody with more soil experience will give you some info.

I had the exact thing happen in my first grow but can't remember how I solved it, I think its N though your stems are purple too aren't they ? if you touch the yellow leave it will just pop right off , branch and all like it really wasn't even attached ?

Yes, the pale leaves will pop right off. I didn't want to burn them, but they didn't respond much to getting fed 3 days ago. Upper parts look pretty dark. The yellowing starts at the base of the leaves and travels up the veins and then out to the tips. Veins yellows right along with the rest of the leaf, does not stay green. I will try a half dose again tomorrow. They should be ready as I didn't soak them well on last watering.

I found the problem when I transplanted them. I decided to take some clippings off of them and force them back to veg to see if i could get some more height out of them. They are doing well now. When I sowed them i started out in the dixie cup. Transplanted them with care so as to not disburb the roots as they were not bound. When I transplanted them again, I found that the original soil was packed to tight and the soil around the "root ball" was still in the shape of the cup. So The soil was packed to tight and were getting nutrient lock out as well that caused the stunted growth. Live and learn. New grow is doing so much better cause:
I thought part of the problem was the soil and decided to use Fox Farm soil for the next grow. While looking online, I located a local brick and mortar hydro shop that has it in stock. They have all kinds of name brand herb products for growing. What a find. Drive less than 10 miles and get soil and amendments and no shipping. Maybe a little more but is worth it to have that kind of shop so close. Nine bags of Ocean forest would be a pain to unload from a delivery truck and would probably have holes in it.

Back
Top Bottom