Help! Don't know what's been going on!

Denstore

Hey guys!

I am in week 7-ish of veg and my plant has been growing in a slow pace. I am growing it under a 200 LED grow and stopped giving it nutes about 2 weeks ago when I realised that she got yellowing leaves. The problems started going away, and she grew fine for a week. I pruned her a couple of days ago because she was too bushy, but now the yellowing leaves are becoming a major problem again. I made sure not to over water her. I am thinking that the roots have been growing to "fresher" soil containing more nutes, but i really do not know what's been going on? PH and environmental should be fine. Any advise? All I know is that it is not pests or bugs. Ps. I am colorblind so googling the problems has been a pain in the ass :hmmmm:

My apologies,

I am growing in all-mix soil in a 3-gallon smart pot. I have prevously overwatered, and possibly overfed the plant with Biobizz grow, but flushed and started watering it properly about 2 weeks ago and it started to recover. Growing 2 plants (one Euphoria and one Northern lights [the one in pic]). The grow light is allegedly a 300w LED, but I am guessing the real output is more closer to 200w. Size of grow tent is 120x60x150cm. Humility has been betwee 35-50% at all time, and PH around 6.5.

My apologies,

I am growing in all-mix soil in a 3-gallon smart pot. I have prevously overwatered, and possibly overfed the plant with Biobizz grow, but flushed and started watering it properly about 2 weeks ago and it started to recover. Growing 2 plants (one Euphoria and one Northern lights [the one in pic]). The grow light is allegedly a 300w LED, but I am guessing the real output is more closer to 200w. Size of grow tent is 120x60x150cm. Humility has been betwee 35-50% at all time, and PH around 6.5.
Looks to me like improper watering habits are still part of the problem. What tells me that is in your second picture the Leafs seem to be looking a little bit saggy and waterlogged. There is a link down in my signature that says how to properly water a potted plant. Just in case, you may want to click on that link and give that a thorough read. There is tons of information in that thread that is helpful even too experienced Growers. The problem is that over-watering in soil, depending on the soil composition can cause mad pH fluctuation usually the pH drops through the floor if the soil has been overwatered and stayed wet multiple times. This causes parts of the Rootball to remain wet which causes some root issues and it will show up in your plant as what appears to be a deficiency (in your case it looks like nute burn and calcium deficiency at the same time) when in reality the leaves are just a symptom of a problem with the roots and pH.
The good news is that you are still in the vegetative stage and you can overcome this by reading that link and getting your watering well under control the roots will eventually recover and the soil will probably stabilize a bit as well. The next issue is if you're LED is rated at 300 w it's more than likely only an actual power draw of 140 to 150 watts. So that means you need to keep in mind that a plant can only use so many nutrients and this is highly dependent on the quality of light they receive. 140 to 150 watts is a pretty weak light for one plant let alone two. With the purplish colored LEDs like those you want to be at a minimum of 35 actual watts per square feet for minimum recommendations. If you are going for high yields then it is recommended to go around 45-50 actual watts per square foot of grow area.
Now, you're grow tent is 8 square feet. So even if we give your led the benefit of the doubt at 150 actual watts that only put you at 18 watts per square foot which is only half of the minimum recommended for a decent grow. In your grow space you could actually use 2 of your lights and be what is considered minimum. What this tells you is your plant is not going to be able to process a whole lot of nutrients. It simply is not getting enough light to convert into energy.
I would back down on the nutrients and focus on water incorrectly and letting the roots settle down a little bit. If at all possible double the light you have in your tent but preferred would be 2.5 times what you have in there. This will help the plant grow a whole lot.
What is the make and model of the LED?

I would stop all nutes for a few feedings or until the plant tells you its hungry. All I would do for the next few waterings is make sure you are abiding by proper watering habits mentioned in the link and my signature, and only water with a little bit of calmag pH to about 6.5. A few waterings will probably mean at least a week but more than likely 7-10 days. This should let the roots recover a little bit and let things settle down. If your plant needs anything else, it will tell you. Then I would start with a quarter dose of nutrients with the calmag. I highly suggest that you use only good water and calmag at a good pH until the plant tells you it wants something different.

All in all, you're not in that bad of shape. Your plant is not too unhealthy. The purpose of the adjustment I would make would be to fix the issues now so you don't have to deal with them long-term, especially in flower.

Fanleaf, thank you so much for your extremely helpful feedback! I will def. invest in another light. The one I have now is a 300W Roleadro grow light that I found with relatively good reviews on Amazon. I am thinking of getting another 600W of the same model since it is quite cheap. Seriously, THANK YOU! Been close to just starting over from new seeds since my rookie mistakes have really hurt the plants. Hopefully they can recover now :)

Back
Top Bottom